2023 Senior Pan-American Championships

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

@Mike Parrish, how is Dom doing today?

Has your BP settled?

That wasn’t an actual BP reading. I was trying to convey my distress at the situation.  

Dom’s better today. 

UWW needs to fix this. 
Choking isn’t allowed and there wasn’t even an attention, let alone a caution, for a deliberate choke out. 

NCAA had this addressed already a while ago... I'm surprised that choking hasn't been covered in International wrestling yet (or has it? 😦)

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

2 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

NCAA had this addressed already a while ago... I'm surprised that choking hasn't been covered in International wrestling yet?

D3

At this point, if you feel yourself getting out into a choke, you’re better off doing something illegal to get out of it rather than letting it continue. 

Better to take the caution and 1 and keep your brain intact. 

The center ref for that match let things way too long in multiple positions and should have his credentials pulled. 

• Fire 1

21 minutes ago, Mike Parrish said:

At this point, if you feel yourself getting out into a choke, you’re better off doing something illegal to get out of it rather than letting it continue. 

Better to take the caution and 1 and keep your brain intact. 

The center ref for that match let things way too long in multiple positions and should have his credentials pulled. 

I remember Zahid Valencia choking out Nate Jackson at OTT.  When they didn’t award him the match, he spent the rest of the match trying to do it again.  Ref was completely indifferent.

Hall won his QF bout over the Argentinian wrestler, 10-0 in the 2nd pd. (He appeared to have a 4pt grand amplitude throw from the ref... but the other two officials scored it 2TD only.)

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

34 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

Looks like we're coming up to the Quarter Final round pretty soon...

D3

Woopsies... 🙄

My bad...  Rnd of 16 is happening now.

D3

Dake is coming up on Mat A...

AND 28 seconds later... walking off the mat w/ a 10-0 TF.

wow!

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

Darian Cruz escapes w/ a 7-4 win over Mejias of Venezuela after spotting a 4-0 deficit to Mejias early on.

(After getting a step-out pt, DC nabbed an ankle pick into a leg-lace for 2 turns. All in the last minute of the 2nd period.)

Phew!

D3

• Fire 1

Your best "Guesstament" would be to go on UWW website, enter into the PanAm games and look under the weight class/FS and bring up "results"... it will give you (at least) what mat they'll be wrestling on.

Unless anyone out there got a better idea, I'm all ears. (Really, I am.)

D3

• Fire 1

Soon after the start of the 2nd pd, Bradley nabs TD to complete the 11-1 TF.

(Garcia, kept on wrestling after the release, Bradley almost had a "timber" moment.)

No touchy-feely moments afterwards!😏

D3

Wow... @ 86Kg.

Cuba's Torreblanca teched the muscle-bound Nicoletti from Brazil 10-0

Pure technique... the Brazilian didn't know what hit him.

D3

Seabass wrestling for PR on Mat A (65Kg)... vs Cuero of Columbia.

2-0 Sebastian.

TF for Rivera, 10-0.

D3

Edited by D3 for LU