USA Gold Medal Wrestling Club

headshuck

the only one on your list besides cejudo (who i acknowledged was a product in my original question to you but clearly you did not pick up on it... average exists for a reason) who someone might be able to claim to be a "product" (adorable) of the OTC is snyder...

he was already an age level world champ before he spent his senior HS year there...

he went there because the RTCs did not have the development programs they do now...

he went there primarily because of lack of any other viable option...

and he won his first senior world championship while at theOSU...

so...

keep being a "fan" and making silly statements without any real knowledge...

it does give me some amusement...

1 hour ago, Mike Parrish said:

I know zero athletes who enjoy going to or being at the OTC. 

when i first moved to colorado, that was the plan...

THE OTC!!!!!

i mean it is THE OTC, RIGHT?????

then being around it for years and seeing all that i have... knowing all that i know... knowing what others know...

nah, bruh...

i listened to their pitch earlier this year just for educational purposes when they approached me...

the boy was like hell no, but, i convinced him to take the meeting because that is what adults do...

i wish i could say both side have acted like adults...

to be fair, THE OTC!!! used to be a special place...

and i would do some pretty unsavory things without a moment's hesitation if i thought it would help it to become special again...

but...

it will probably need to be sacked to bring it back...

16 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Who are the coaches at the OTC even?  Do they have any?  Is it Zadick?  Slay?

james green is the development coach for the other style... i have nothing but good things to say about him, but, to be fair that is mostly second hand info...

bill zadick the national team coach... again, nothing bad to say about him at all...

cheney haight is the development coach for greco... no interaction with him at all, but, that is a symptom and not the problem...

national team coach for greco?

i will kindly exit the chat here...

• Fire 1

They had good experiences.   Couple of his friends lived in the Springs and that was their regular training spot.  One made a Junior World Team, won Fargo and loved wrestling.    I recall another tweeting a covert picture of JB sitting against the wall and saying he couldn't believe he was waiting for the same practice as Jordan Burroughs.  My son didn't make a world team, but he won Jr Nationals and they invited him to their final training camp.  He stayed in the residence hall for more than a week.  At least one of his partners won a medal, maybe two.  He loved it.