European Championships 2023

nhs67

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Actually your "joke" fell very flat.  I guess it was a joke? Was it?

And you clearly di not know how many Russians live in Israel.  That is ok.  Now you know.

I always assume Russians have infiltrated every government in the history of mankind ever since watching Jack Ryan.  So technically I always knew.

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

image.jpeg.268aee13cc8746f6c29c867321a676bf.jpeg

How about you lighten up?

How did you know my name?

• Haha 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

• 2 weeks later...

Micic extremely undersized at 65 KG.  So badly.

Amine in the finals against the Russian Karugliev, defected to Greece, at 86 KG.

Amine and Finesilver at 74 KG were close to meeting.  No bananas.

Matt Finesilver wrestling for bronze tomorrow at 92 KG.

Honis took 5th at 97 KG.

Not a great field against Riza at 130kg. The traditional wrestling powers to regions that sporadically produce champions, have been poor at superheavy  for over a decade now. Coupled with America's decline, if it wasn't for Lopez Riza would be as decorated internationally as he is continentally. 

There is a skill to beating people you're favored against and Riza is very good at. I don't think he's a a strong champion. Most of the past champions he gets compared to would have beaten him convincingly imo. 

Akgul beat Geno again. The only thing Geno has on Akgul is his stamina. It's tough for him, it's facing a more athletic and nimbler person but who is just as strong as you and also reads you well. Your only hope is he has worse gas tank than you.

Edited by Cherkov

On 4/19/2023 at 4:32 AM, nhs67 said:

Amine in the finals against the Russian Karugliev, defected to Greece, at 86 KG.

Belly laugh!! Cold War mentality alert!  Did Dauren Kureugliev defect, or immigrate?

Perhaps he wants to wrestle. He's not getting any younger, turns 31 in July. 

39 minutes ago, Pa in Taiwan said:

Belly laugh!! Cold War mentality alert!  Did Dauren Kureugliev defect, or immigrate?

Perhaps he wants to wrestle. He's not getting any younger, turns 31 in July. 

Are you deaf, blind, stupid, ignorant, or some amalgamation of those options?

What the actual fukc do you think is going on right now?

Also, until a Russian defector actually beats a Russian in competition then that is what they will be.  They barely even try when they wrestle their Russian counterparts - almost as if by order.

We in the states are well aware of Karugliev.  He KOd DT a few years back.

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

What do you think is going on right now? A tidal wave of "defections" from Russia? Seriously, "defect" is a word that I have not heard since 1992 when the USSR broke up.

Do you realize that "we in the US" are the recipients of the most propaganda of any nation in the world, including China, Iran, Russia and North Korea. This propaganda is shoveled into the trough by EVERY mainstream media outlet, from Fox to MSNBC. At least the intelligent people in the abovementioned nations UNDERSTAND that the media message is controlled. But Americans, after years and years of repeated and more serious lies from the mainstream media, continue to watch and believe these sources for information on everything. These are the most gullible people in the world, willing to gobble up the most outrageous lies and misrepresentations of truth. 

I mean, what do you think is going on?

Russian interference in US elections?

Russian bombing of the Nord Stream pipelines?

Ukraine is winning the war? 

Ukraine will launch an offensive that will recover Crimea?

China is the one disrupting the status quo in the Taiwan Strait?

Putin will be dead of cancer next week?

After taking Taiwan, China will want to take over Japan, the Philippines, and perhaps Korea for good measure?

Chinese citizens have opened "police stations" in the US? 

Back to wrestling:

Amine had absolutely nothing for Dauren Kureugliev , who probably just wants to wrestle, and THAT is the reason he is in Greece. 

Can you point to any public statements where he attacks Russia and explains his "defection"? 

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clown 1

6 hours ago, Pa in Taiwan said:

What do you think is going on right now? A tidal wave of "defections" from Russia? Seriously, "defect" is a word that I have not heard since 1992 when the USSR broke up.

I stopped reading here.  No reason to read the rest of your long-windedness crap.

The term defect has been commonly used in wrestling the last many years.  Not just to describe Russians who have jettisoned their Mother country but also gents such as Micic, Amine, etc.

• Fire 1

Getting dual citizenship and defecting aren’t the same thing. I typically use “defect” when I know it’s someone like the recent Cuban who bailed at Pan Ams and defected.

Transfers through Europe I don’t see as defections. Transfer may be the just bland enough term for it.

• Fire 1

Jason Bryant hasn't worked here since 2008. 

1 hour ago, Jason Bryant said:

Defections are usually permanent. These moves are only for sports. A lot of the Russians end up back there once their career ends as a competitor.

Even so.  The term is used by more than just me.  The flobros use it all the thyme.

On 4/22/2023 at 8:48 PM, nhs67 said:

Are you deaf, blind, stupid, ignorant, or some amalgamation of those options?

Also, until a Russian defector actually beats a Russian in competition then that is what they will be.  They barely even try when they wrestle their Russian counterparts - almost as if by order.

We in the states are well aware of Karugliev.  He KOd DT a few years back.

What's with all the hostility? I'd be hard-pressed to call these "defections" when you're simply just competing for another country by some technicality. It's not like Finesilver or Amine have defected. 

• Fire 1

Just now, pokemonster said:

What's with all the hostility? I'd be hard-pressed to call these "defections" when you're simply just competing for another country by some technicality. It's not like Finesilver or Amine have defected. 

Using my University of Michigan degree (~community college equivalent), my interpretation of the definition of defect has been clearly stated.  If you don't like it, I welcome you to not read it.  The ignore option is very simple to use here.