Weight Class Changes for 2023-2024

nhs67

16 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Of course, you may have to pull a full scholly from one of the Braunagels. Oh no the horror…

The two on scholly should be gone after  next season, when he'll be on the lookout again.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

20 hours ago, Buford said:

How many years do Vito, Hardy, Carlson, Parco, Alirez and Matthews have left if they use their Covid year?  

So hard to follow 

Vito has 1 year left - he does not get an extra year as he did not compete in the 2021 season.  This will be his 4th and final year competing for Cornell. Hardy has 3 years left. Carlson has 1 year left. Parco has 2 years left. Alirez has 1 year left. Matthews has 1 year left.

• Fire 1

13 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Of course, you may have to pull a full scholly from one of the Braunagels. Oh no the horror…

Please tell me that the Braunagel brothers are not on full scholarship. PLEASE.

To clarify: I wish wrestling had more scholarships. I wish they all got a full ride. However, given the current 9.9 rule, it would appear to be serious mismanagement to give those two a full ride each and have 7.9 left for the entire team.

Edited by Le duke

51 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

Vito has 1 year left - he does not get an extra year as he did not compete in the 2021 season.  This will be his 4th and final year competing for Cornell. Hardy has 3 years left. Carlson has 1 year left. Parco has 2 years left. Alirez has 1 year left. Matthews has 1 year left.

He has an Oly-shirt he can use as well.

6 hours ago, SunDevil said:

Still thinking it’s pretty solid that Yas wrestles 133 for ASU this coming year. He is entered U20 at 61kg. The move to 141 I think was just jump into a hole for an opportunity to compete this past season. 

What are your thoughts on Valencia ane Montalvo heading up after Fagen going in to the portal?

Is Valencia going 86 KG at U23s simply because he did not want to manage weight at 79 KG this close to the season?

I am hoping this is the first sign of us seeing one of the Valencia brothers head to 86 KG for Mexico.

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

What are your thoughts on Valencia ane Montalvo heading up after Fagen going in to the portal?

Is Valencia going 86 KG at U23s simply because he did not want to manage weight at 79 KG this close to the season?

I am hoping this is the first sign of us seeing one of the Valencia brothers head to 86 KG for Mexico.

I don’t know much about either guys cuts. But they both weren’t the best conditioned wrestlers. Maybe it will help with that if they go up. 

• Fire 1