Iowa v PSU - Jan. 27, 2023

Wrestleknownothing

1 minute ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Both of these guys can make for fun wrestling. Let's hope they don't shut it down just because of the size of the moment

I'd HATE to ref a match like this. In my BRIEF time as a HS ref, I remember just a few hundred people in a "big" rivalry duel and I dreaded calling shit.

PSU fans(or Iowa at CHA) are just ruthless! I don't think the home crowd EVER thinks the other guy is in a "potentially dangerous" situation or NOT stalling!

• Fire 3

That was a fun match. Haines showed some serious horsepower getting off his back in that bear hug return from Seibrecht and had a slick TD to go ahead. How was that not stalling when he backed straight out at the end?

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Dark Energy said:

Beautiful shot and TD by Haines.  Fast, efficient.  In third.  3-2 lead as a result after escape. 

Haines backs straight out and no stall.  Done.  3-2 Haines.

He did...and Smart match by Siebrecht.

Cael and company are going to have to work with him on scoring through that underhook. He slowed Haines down pretty effectively. Very different Wrestler than when he wrestled Model from Wisconsin(very similar build and style to...both these guys). 

But he was able to clear and create more angles. Course Model was trying to score a bit more which obviously opens things up, then Haines broke him.