Can We Get a Round of Applause

Offthemat

6 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

You might note that the action will have the effect of saving untold Israeli children’s lives from the indiscriminate rocketing hezbollah employs. 

Great.  There are still actual children dead.  So, no, I won't applaud.

20 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

But you do admit that it was an ingenious tactic?  

War is hell. The last thing you do is to start a war by killing women and children. Then expect your enemy to go easy on you. War is hell. Don't start the war.                                                   

• Bob 1
  • Pirate 1

41 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Another term that could be used is. Don't start a fight, then during the fight while you're getting ass kicked start complaining how hard he is punching you and that it is just not fair.

Firstly, not a term.  Secondly,under this hypothetical, you're saying you support that if someone starts a fight, it's ok to kill their kids?

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Firstly, not a term.  Secondly,under this hypothetical, you're saying you support that if someone starts a fight, it's ok to kill their kids?

Let's see. You enter my house and try kill my kids with a knife, I will kill you with my gun.  If you are dumb enough to have your teenage boys with you with knives, they more than likely will be dead also. No questions asked. New term or saying. Don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

• Bob 2
  • Clown 1

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

The hypothetical includes…..you came to my neighborhood and killed actual women children and others…..   for the nth time.   Then what kind of fight did you think you were starting?   

• Bob 1

18 hours ago, Paul158 said:

Let's see. You enter my house and try kill my kids with a knife, I will kill you with my gun.  If you are dumb enough to have your teenage boys with you with knives, they more than likely will be dead also. No questions asked. New term or saying. Don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

That isn't really what happened here, as these kids weren't anywhere near any sort of active battle theater, nor did the 8 year old child have a knife, either metaphorical or otherwise.

16 hours ago, Caveira said:

The hypothetical includes…..you came to my neighborhood and killed actual women children and others…..   for the nth time.   Then what kind of fight did you think you were starting?   

Got it, so if someone comes to your neighborhood and kills a bunch of people, including your children, you have the right to kill his children.  Am I getting it right?

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Got it, so if someone comes to your neighborhood and kills a bunch of people, including your children, you have the right to kill his children.  Am I getting it right?

These aren’t people.  They are Hamas.  A terrorist organization that runs Gaza….  It was an act of war not some set of gang bangers.    So yes.   They’ve had it and are kicking them in the teeth. Let’s not pretend it’s the first time they have done it either.  Their sole purpose for existing is getting rid of Israel so let’s not pretend these guys are local nice Boy Scouts.  

What should they do.   Send them a Bundt cake and see if they want to play nice?

are they open to a two state solution?  Has it been offered and rejected a bunch of times?

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, Caveira said:

These aren’t people.  They are Hamas.  A terrorist organization that runs Gaza….  It was an act of war not some set of gang bangers.    So yes.   They’ve had it and are kicking them in the teeth. Let’s not pretend it’s the first time they have done it either.  Their sole purpose for existing is getting rid of Israel so let’s not pretend these guys are local nice Boy Scouts.  

What should they do.   Send them a Bundt cake and see if they want to play nice?

are they open to a two state solution?  Has it been offered and rejected a bunch of times?

This situation is actually about people in Iran, not Gaza.  Also, just to be clear, even if it was about Hamas in Gaza, you are saying that you think Israel should be allowed to kill the Palestinian children.  Am I getting it right?

15 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

This situation is actually about people in Iran, not Gaza.  Also, just to be clear, even if it was about Hamas in Gaza, you are saying that you think Israel should be allowed to kill the Palestinian children.  Am I getting it right?

Don’t start a war ….. then cry your losing.     Don’t  ask your Iranian friends who financially and by other means support / fund / supply hamas.   

edit.   What off the mat said too…. 

Has Iran lobbed any missiles into Israel?   

Edited by Caveira

Just now, VakAttack said:

Ok, so it's ok to just blindly send bombs into other countries, and...accidentally kill children..  Got it.

Finally.  🙂 

you didn’t answer what their response should be? 

do you like Bundt cake?

did they get offered a two state solution 100x and not agree?

do they want all Jews dead?

what river and sea … are they referring to when chanting from the river to the sea ?

what is that intifada thing all about ?

• Bob 1