JB as an announcer

Both JBs did a great job!

I actually liked this duo better than when Smith was there. Smith is a wealth of knowledge, but from a pure announcing standpoint, I think he rambled too much. Burroughs was to the point and had great insights on the rules/scoring. He was able to predict most of the replay results, and also allowed the main play by play announcer to do his thing. 

Edited by billyhoyle

I thought Burroughs was excellent. Had a good beat on the rules and often knew the outcome of challenges before they happened. Talked about himself less. I was worried we might see a hint of sour grapes with Dake or the PSU guys, but not a whiff. And he called it down the middle; without an overly-US bias.

I miss Smith but the truth is he has lost a bit of his passion in recent years. JB hasn’t.

I don’t know much about Knapp’s background but he did his homework very well. Maybe not a wrestling guy but solid announcer and knew when to defer to JB. 

Couldn’t hear the arena announcer from the Peacock video but from what I heard Jason Bryant was outstanding as usual.

The Scottish dudes (or Irish or English) on the other Peacock feed were a train wreck as usual. WTF, why do they keep bringing those guys back, it’s like watching wrestling at a pub and overhearing drunk Englishmen who have never seen the sport before commenting on it (“oooh she did a ‘body press’ to end the ‘fight’”)

• Bob 1

On 8/9/2024 at 6:05 PM, cowcards said:

I read this as @Jason Bryant. He’s the only announcer I ever hear. 

He was the English language announcer at the venue.  He did a great job as usual and showed expanded range hyping the crowd with his arm dancing before the start of each session.  

PXL_20240810_161144576~2.jpg

• Bob 1

8 hours ago, fishbane said:

He was the English language announcer at the venue.  He did a great job as usual and showed expanded range hyping the crowd with his arm dancing before the start of each session.  

PXL_20240810_161144576~2.jpg

I’ve never heard Burroughs commentate before because I’ve always been at any events he has done, which Jason has always been the in arena announcer. This, Jason is the only JB I ever hear.