Thoughts On Decriminalizing Prostitution

This is a little crazy. Prostitution generates 14.6 billion dollars a year.  Its more than the NFL and the NBA combined at  !2.8 billion dollars. I would have never guessed it was that much. I'm sure the federal government would love to tax that income.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word.
  • Bob 1

45 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

This is a little crazy. Prostitution generates 14.6 billion dollars a year.  Its more than the NFL and the NBA combined at  !2.8 billion dollars. I would have never guessed it was that much. I'm sure the federal government would love to tax that income.

Sounds like everyone wants to 'tax that aass"

• Bob 2
  • Haha 1

Honest question, not trying to be specifically argumentative with you here....what do you think of the possibility it would have the opposite effect?   Black market shit happens when there is a black market....right?  If we look at history...did ending prohibition create a bigger black market for alcohol?  Or more recently, with the spread of legalized marijuana, there is certainly a significantly lower black market for marijuana (still exists, but much much smaller).  I feel like if it were legal, and regulated, designated to brothels and what not, it would decrease the black market.

My belief on the idea that marijuana is a gateway drug to more hardened drugs, is not because of the physiological affects of the plant....but because of the company it puts you in in a black market.  Kind of feel like the same thing applies ihentai here.  

Prostitution was criminalized for various reasons, primarily due to the absence of reliable contraception at the time these laws were enacted. This led to significant social issues such as broken families, abandoned infants, violence against pregnant prostitutes and their illegitimate children, and widespread sexually transmitted diseases.

Functionally, prostitution provided an outlet for predominantly male sexual desires, reducing the incentive for men to form committed relationships solely for sexual gratification. Societies rely on the creation of new generations of citizens and the nurturing of productive members. Consequently, family laws were crafted to encourage male fidelity and domesticity, ensuring stable family units and facilitating procreation. Even today, separation from the family unit, especially when children are involved, can lead to severe financial and social consequences for men.