JO says on twitter he will be competing for the world team spot at 70kg

My favorite wrestler of all time so I am super excited. I don't see him being a super big factor being he's older and has probably not been wrestling nearly enough given his MMA transition. I am none the less super excited to see him compete.

1 hour ago, jackwebster said:

What has he been doing? I only heard that he had worked in some capacity w/ Spartan/Cornell at one point.

he transitioned full time to MMA he has had one fight and then another scheduled about 4 times, but his opponents keep pulling out.

35 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

he transitioned full time to MMA he has had one fight and then another scheduled about 4 times, but his opponents keep pulling out.

The more actual fights he gets under his belt, the deadlier he will be.

My worry is that his life of cutting weight might have eaten his chin.  He is(was) a big 65 KG guy.  I wonder if the DC route where he goes 155lbs might be better for him?

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/375823-jordan-oliver

That said, he is listed as 5'6" and that is manlet territory.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

21 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

The more actual fights he gets under his belt, the deadlier he will be.

My worry is that his life of cutting weight might have eaten his chin.  He is(was) a big 65 KG guy.  I wonder if the DC route where he goes 155lbs might be better for him?

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/375823-jordan-oliver

That said, he is listed as 5'6" and that is manlet territory.

mike chandler is about that height but I don't know that JO is mike chandler beefy. The cut probably feels like a breeze with the 24-hour rehydration. I would love to see him transition to the ufc at some point but only if he can be a top guy. I think his wrestling should transition to MMA very well given his style was very much off of timing from space and a lot of slide by stuff.

21 hours ago, Silver said:

Have they set a date and location for wrestle offs 

these extra team spots on world team?

61 KG, 70 KG, 79 KG, and 92 KG have yet to be wrestled this year in any form.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

8 hours ago, nhs67 said:

61 KG, 70 KG, 79 KG, and 92 KG have yet to be wrestled this year in any form.

Understood but does anyone know when they set a date and location for the wrestle offs?

Soooooooooooooo My thoughts.  (completely a guess)

He's been wrestling "pretty good" guys, across his MMA training, and is like "F*ck I'm still a wrecking machine!" which I'm sure he is, but maybe not to the degree he "feels"  (I get the same vibes when I'm crushing local HS and 3rd string Div 2 kids).....his biggest hindrance has been his gas tank, and this extended time away from wrestling-specific training and another year or 2 in the age bank...... Will he still beast most guys? Absolutely. Will he struggle mightily against anyone who is there after the first half of the match..... I can't imagine this not being the case. 

I'm as big a JO fan as anyone, but this happens every few years, where somebody takes an extended break later in their career, then they get a little itch and boom, come out and get squanched-on and we can all say "who saw that coming". Everyone should've saw that coming. 

#WARJO, hope he makes the team,  10% Chance