It Didn’t Have to be This Way

It is apparent if you read this that he did nothing deserving 4 years time.   He was there and not much else.   He was happy with 18 months, but more than doubling that to 4 years for not doing anything originally charged with.  They brought that up after the plea deal.   Dirty pool.

mspart

• Bob 1
  • Fire 2

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, mspart said:

It is apparent if you read this that he did nothing deserving 4 years time.   He was there and not much else.   He was happy with 18 months, but more than doubling that to 4 years for not doing anything originally charged with.  They brought that up after the plea deal.   Dirty pool.

mspart

He was hitting windows of the capital with a metal pole lmao party of law and order on their knees begging for people who storm the capital to be free, insanity 

Edited by braves121

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, mspart said:

Was he charged with destruction of property?

mspart

Does that change the fact he was hitting a window with a metal pole? Not really something peaceful protestors do. Dude FAFO and took the easy way out no accountability 

Edited by braves121

1 minute ago, mspart said:

Dude, if he wasn't charged with it, then he can't be jailed for it.  It is moot to discuss this because he wasn't charged with it. 

mspart

It’s not moot to discuss it because it’s mentioned in OPs article they linked. This dude got arrested for storming the capital, he admits he was hitting a window with a metal pole, and people wanna act like he’s a martyr bc he didn’t want to be held accountable for his actions by taking an easy way out

16 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Sad to hear dude felt he needed to make the decision to end his life,

not in a million years going to try to lay any level of blame on the justice system for that.  

Well i do.  It’s pretty obvious that their continued escalation of punishment for crimes he didn’t commit drove him over.  Civilians who do something similar get charged with manslaughter.  

• Bob 1

I disagree.  They had a plea bargain for 13 months that got added to until it was 18 months.   They were in agreement.   Then after the plea deal was over, they wanted to add on to that anther charge and another 22 months.   They had already won.   There was no need to go further.   I'm blaming the DOJ for not abiding by their agreement.   The man took his own life and that is bad.   But he was brought there by unscrupulous DOJ attorneys that for them enough was not enough.  DOJ did not kill him but presented him with the reasoning to do so by not being men/women of their word and trying to pile on.   They did not kill him but I think it is clear that he would not have done so if they hadn't changed the terms of the agreement.  

And to braves, show where he was charged with destruction of property and I'll take back my "moot point".   Otherwise it is a moot point to discuss tapping a window.     The article made clear that he did not storm the capitol.   I notice you don't mention that.   You say he was charged with it.   Well, he was not charged with destruction of property because he did not destroy property.   You are just cherry picking what you want to read?   

mspart

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

54 minutes ago, braves121 said:

Does that change the fact he was hitting a window with a metal pole? Not really something peaceful protestors do. Dude FAFO and took the easy way out no accountability 

is this how you approached the 'protestors' of 2020?

is this who you approached the hamas protestors this spring? 

peaceful people? 

47 minutes ago, braves121 said:

It’s not moot to discuss it because it’s mentioned in OPs article they linked. This dude got arrested for storming the capital, he admits he was hitting a window with a metal pole, and people wanna act like he’s a martyr bc he didn’t want to be held accountable for his actions by taking an easy way out

again... skipping the point.

the bait and switch

42 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Well i do.  It’s pretty obvious that their continued escalation of punishment for crimes he didn’t commit drove him over.  Civilians who do something similar get charged with manslaughter.  

Completely disagree. His decision to end his life clearly drove him over.  What he was actually charged with and how for committing crimes against the country, which he admittingly did, is a different conversation.  

We don’t get to pick and choose when we are responsible for our decisions and actions when it’s convenient for us or our political preference.  He made and individual decision. And it was a terrible one. He’s now paid for that terrible decision by not being alive long enough to see why he should have not made that decision…..sorry not sorry. 

40 minutes ago, mspart said:

I disagree.  They had a plea bargain for 13 months that got added to until it was 18 months.   They were in agreement.   Then after the plea deal was over, they wanted to add on to that anther charge and another 22 months.   They had already won.   There was no need to go further.   I'm blaming the DOJ for not abiding by their agreement.   The man took his own life and that is bad.   But he was brought there by unscrupulous DOJ attorneys that for them enough was not enough.  DOJ did not kill him but presented him with the reasoning to do so by not being men/women of their word and trying to pile on.   They did not kill him but I think it is clear that he would not have done so if they hadn't changed the terms of the agreement.  

Same reply as above. 

3 hours ago, braves121 said:

Now do the people in Portland, Minneapolis, St. Louis, et.al.  Then I may agree with you