Do NOT Oppose Israel's Agenda Or THIS Will Happen

Jamaal Bowman from NY became well known for his opposition of U.S. support for Israel, particularly after their brutal and inhumane treatment of Palestinians since last fall. Last night he got destroyed in the Democratic primary by George Latimer. AIPAC, one of the most powerful lobby groups in the U.S., spent huge amounts of money. Total amount spent by AIPAC is unknown because they funnel a lot through dark money groups but total spent on this election was > $14M. This is more than has EVER been spent on a House race in the history of the U.S. 

Lesson learned is that if you oppose AIPAC's agenda, they WILL do everything in their power to take you down, and take you down hard. Their sole purpose is to funnel U.S. taxpayer money toward a particular foreign country and ethnic group, and away from purposes that would benefit U.S. citizens. 

• Poopy 1
  • Clown 2

Are you saying Jamaal "I pulled the fire alarm interrupting a congressional session because I thought it would open a door" Bowman is a benefit to US citizens?   Why isn't George Latimer a benefit to US citizens?    Who are you to tell the voters who they should vote for.   After that stunt Bowman pulled the other day trying to look gangsta and all that, no wonder he got destroyed in the primary.   If Bowman was a great guy he would have won no matter the expenditure.   The guy is a clown and rightfully lost.  

mspart

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, mspart said:

Are you saying Jamaal "I pulled the fire alarm interrupting a congressional session because I thought it would open a door" Bowman is a benefit to US citizens?   Why isn't George Latimer a benefit to US citizens?    Who are you to tell the voters who they should vote for.   After that stunt Bowman pulled the other day trying to look gangsta and all that, no wonder he got destroyed in the primary.   If Bowman was a great guy he would have won no matter the expenditure.   The guy is a clown and rightfully lost.  

mspart

Pulling a fire alarm is 99.999999% inconsequential to U.S. citizens. But that's really a red herring. Bowman vs Latimer is a matter of opinion and which one is truly better has absolutely nothing to do with my point. 

The point is that we have a VERY powerful lobby group who's sole purpose is to funnel your tax dollars to a particular foreign country; money that could otherwise go toward schools, roads, infrastructure, assistance to those in need (e.g. shore up our social security), the national debt, or even our own military or (indirectly) fire or police (throw those in there since that's where wingers want to direct all the $). Furthermore, they will do WHATEVER needs to be done to destroy anybody that wants to keep those dollars home in the U.S. 

This was example A1. $14M dollars spent on a single U.S. House election.; just to get rid of this guy that didn't want to support Israel's agenda of murdering thousands of innocent women & children. This was a record amount of $ for a U.S. House election. 

Politicians and others need to be aware of this. Get in line and support mass foreign aid to Israel or YOU will be taken down also. 

Edited by red viking
  • Clown 1

So you feel the same about Soros funding DA candidates in local elections?   Yes, money does matter in elections.   But for an incumbent, not near as much as for a challenger.   People voted for Bowman, saw what a clown he is, and voted against him when given an opportunity.   Pulling the fire alarm is relevant, contrary to what you say.   Any idiot knows that the fire alarm is just that.   It is not a door open switch.   It also  was convenient to delay a vote, interrupting an official session of Congress.   You  know, there are people who have been jailed for doing that.  

So in essence, Soros funding good, AIPAC funding bad.  Bowman is a benefit to US citizens even though he denies clear evidence of Hamas' barbarity on Oct 7.   Even partisans can see what a buffoon he is. 

mspart

Just now, mspart said:

So you feel the same about Soros funding DA candidates in local elections?   Yes, money does matter in elections.   But for an incumbent, not near as much as for a challenger.   People voted for Bowman, saw what a clown he is, and voted against him when given an opportunity.   Pulling the fire alarm is relevant, contrary to what you say.   Any idiot knows that the fire alarm is just that.   It is not a door open switch.   It also  was convenient to delay a vote, interrupting an official session of Congress.   You  know, there are people who have been jailed for doing that.  

So in essence, Soros funding good, AIPAC funding bad.  Bowman is a benefit to US citizens even though he denies clear evidence of Hamas' barbarity on Oct 7.   Even partisans can see what a buffoon he is. 

mspart

Is Soros' sole mission to funnel U.S. taxpayer dollars out of the U.S., toward a particular country or ethnic group, and away from domestic purposes? If so, then yes, I am completely opposed to him. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, mspart said:

If AIPACs sole mission is to defund police and stop the prosecution of thugs, then I am opposed to them. 

mspart

So you're saying that that is Soros' sole mission? I'll call your B.S. on that one

Edited by red viking

Go ahead and call it.   Too bad it is well documented. 

https://nationalpolice.org/main/george-soros-pledges-to-keep-funding-pro-criminal-anti-police-prosecutors/?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5I-K2_j5hgMVTBCtBh0x4wAkEAAYAiAAEgJe5fD_BwE

The 91-year-old native Hungarian recently published an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal. In it he argued the “soft-on-crime district attorneys” he’s backed to the tune of millions of dollars are making the criminal justice system “more effective and just….” Soros said he has no intentions of pulling his support from them.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/george-soros-criminal-justice-reform-227519

While America’s political kingmakers inject their millions into high-profile presidential and congressional contests, Democratic mega-donor George Soros has directed his wealth into an under-the-radar 2016 campaign to advance one of the progressive movement’s core goals — reshaping the American justice system.

The billionaire financier has channeled more than $3 million into seven local district-attorney campaigns in six states over the past year — a sum that exceeds the total spent on the 2016 presidential campaign by all but a handful of rival super-donors.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12183215/Here-woke-DAs-funded-George-Soros-machine-letting-criminals-run-amok.html

Billionaire financier George Soros has spent millions of dollars funding the campaigns of woke District Attorneys who have let criminals run amok with no prosecution in many American cities.

A study earlier this year found that the 92-year-old spent at least $40million to install as many as 75 prosecutors who support his leftist agenda — either with outright donations or fueled through political action committees.

These DAs have stripped away bail laws and opted to forgo prosecuting crimes such as theft and reckless driving, effectively giving criminals a free pass and leading to the breakdown of law and order across the United States.

You will choose to reject these.  That's ok.   Soros has done this.   But you like the undermining of the US and State justice systems.   So Soros' efforts here are good.   AIPAC bad.  You don't mind the demonstrated undermining one aspect of the US but take great umbrage at what you consider the undermining of another.   

mspart

Posted (edited)

You're 100% off point. He has given money to specific groups that support specific efforts that you don't like but A) there are literally dozens of not hundreds of causes that he supports and B) very few of those direct U.S. taxpayer $ away from U.S. citizens. 

You're so far out in left field that I'm not even sure you're on Earth. 

AIPAC's sole purpose is to direct U.S. taxpayer dollars to another country, AND away from any causes that would directly benefit U.S. citizens. 

If you can't see how much worse this is than the multitude of causes that Soros supports (the vast majority of which DO at least help some U.S. citizens), you are hopeless. 

Edited by red viking

You are off point RV.   You are mad at AIPAC because they gave money to Bowman's opposition and Bowman lost.   But you are not made at Soros giving money to people who purposefully undermine the US justice system. 

Your issue is who is doing the campaign funding.   You like Soros obviously, you don't like AIPAC obviously.  So there is your line.    One undermines US sovereignty by bastardizing the justice system (and I have seen that first hand here in Seattle), the other tries to siphon US dollars to Israel?   I guess you can choose which is more evil.   The choice is that easy.   I choose the US justice system from allowing criminals to get released with no bail, from allowing criminals back on the streets to do more crime, etc.   You get what we had with the Columbia student protesters that took over a building, destroyed part of it, held a janitor hostage, and got nothing from the DA Alvin Bragg.   They obviously broke the law and were not held accountable.   Now we see what happened in LA the other day where Hamas protesters went to a Jewish LA neighborhood, protested in front of the synogogue, and violently assaulted local Jews.  It was so bad even Biden called it out.  But that is what we get when we let this kind of thing go without legal repercussions.   That is what Soros has brought to this country.   AIPAC for all the ill they supposedly do have not done that. 

The amount of harm wreaked by the DAs funded by Soros far outweighs any benefits he may provide for their reach is vast.   You gave in to my BS I see so it was not BS.   It is well documented what Soros has done. 

You want this to be about AIPAC.   But you chose to frame it in a campaign funding attack.   I am giving you an example of campaign funding that has far further reach than what AIPAC is doing and it is harming this country. 

mspart

• Bob 2
  • Fire 1

He lost 60/40 so I'm skeptical his loss is solely because of AIPAC's influence. I'd put the fire alarm stunt higher on the list for instance. It looks to me like his district is pretty well to do, so first things first, don't embarrass your constituents. 

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, mspart said:

mspart

I think you'll find 99% of progressives don't think George Soros should be able to buy elections either.

24 minutes ago, Danny Deck said:

He lost 60/40 so I'm skeptical his loss is solely because of AIPAC's influence. I'd put the fire alarm stunt higher on the list for instance. It looks to me like his district is pretty well to do, so first things first, don't embarrass your constituents. 

There aren't ANY elections that are lost solely because of the influence of a single lobby group. But they make a difference though. A big difference. 

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, mspart said:

You are off point RV.   You are mad at AIPAC because they gave money to Bowman's opposition and Bowman lost.   But you are not made at Soros giving money to people who purposefully undermine the US justice system. 

Your issue is who is doing the campaign funding.   You like Soros obviously, you don't like AIPAC obviously.  So there is your line.    One undermines US sovereignty by bastardizing the justice system (and I have seen that first hand here in Seattle), the other tries to siphon US dollars to Israel?   I guess you can choose which is more evil.   The choice is that easy.   I choose the US justice system from allowing criminals to get released with no bail, from allowing criminals back on the streets to do more crime, etc.   You get what we had with the Columbia student protesters that took over a building, destroyed part of it, held a janitor hostage, and got nothing from the DA Alvin Bragg.   They obviously broke the law and were not held accountable.   Now we see what happened in LA the other day where Hamas protesters went to a Jewish LA neighborhood, protested in front of the synogogue, and violently assaulted local Jews.  It was so bad even Biden called it out.  But that is what we get when we let this kind of thing go without legal repercussions.   That is what Soros has brought to this country.   AIPAC for all the ill they supposedly do have not done that. 

The amount of harm wreaked by the DAs funded by Soros far outweighs any benefits he may provide for their reach is vast.   You gave in to my BS I see so it was not BS.   It is well documented what Soros has done. 

You want this to be about AIPAC.   But you chose to frame it in a campaign funding attack.   I am giving you an example of campaign funding that has far further reach than what AIPAC is doing and it is harming this country. 

mspart

Wrong again. 150%. I don't really care about Soros. He's a philanthropist, like many other philanthropists, that has his own causes that he wants to support. Some of them I'm OK with and some of them I don't like. Koch Bros. are much worse BTW, but that is besides the point. 

Again, 100% of AIPACS efforts are directed toward funneling as much of YOUR money out of the country as possible. Sad that you don't see a huge problem with that; a problem much worse than the many agendas of Soros, most of which help specific people in the U..S. I know you don't like it when your tax dollars support poor people or minorities, but at least they're U.S. citizens and they're not using that money to murder and torture innocent children. 

Edited by red viking

42 minutes ago, Danny Deck said:

His position in his district was always tenuous because of this. He was specifically targeted by AIPAC for this reason. They are going all out on the squad and he was the weakest link. 

Most of his district is in Westchester, a majority white and wealthy county. The wealthy residents were presented with a more conservative candidate and were inundated by endless attack adds. It was the most expensive House race of all time and most of that was from Latimer. 

To demonstrate the divide, Bowman won the portion of his district in the Bronx by 70 points.

No reason is isolated on its own and Bowman certainly made some dumb mistakes, but this is a far more competitive race without AIPAC's involvement.

Do none of you think it's wrong that a lobbying group *for a foreign country* is targeting specific members of congress and flooding elections with millions of dollars? I suppose you'll be just fine if China starts buying elections right?

1 hour ago, red viking said:

AIPAC's sole purpose is to direct U.S. taxpayer dollars to another country, AND away from any causes that would directly benefit U.S. citizens.

That's far to black and white.  Our relationship with Israel does have benefits for the American public.  That's the problem with these types of debates.  Everyone has to take and extreme position and be nonsensical 

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Bob 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 hour ago, red viking said:

You're 100% off point. He has given money to specific groups that support specific efforts that you don't like but A) there are literally dozens of not hundreds of causes that he supports and B) very few of those direct U.S. taxpayer $ away from U.S. citizens. 

You're so far out in left field that I'm not even sure you're on Earth. 

If you can't see how much worse this is than the multitude of causes that Soros supports (the vast majority of which DO at least help some U.S. citizens), you are hopeless. 

Protecting Israel does benefit American Citizens. Soros does nothing to help American citizens. If one is bad both are bad. You can’t have YOUR way 

26 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

do you think all the campaign finance reform legislation they advocate for just wouldn’t apply to him? by magic or something?

I think 99% of progressives thinking the way you say they do is bull crap