Carrol in the portal?

34 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

It seems a good strategy for him to cut down to 197.  Perry could eat all of the food in the house and starve Carol down to weight.

Interesting.  Do we think this remains the plan wherever those two end up at?

• Bob 1

11 hours ago, BAC said:

2. He wanted to go HWT and bringing on Wyatt thwarted that plan.

Do I have this about right?

You seem to having it right based on the message board speculations except #2 - the cut to 197 was in the works months before DT was named coach or Hendrickson joined Oklahoma State. 

On 6/8/2024 at 7:19 AM, jackwebster said:

Perry is going to ISU? I missed this story. Do we have a link? Is this a good fit? Forum chatter suggests that his guys love him. If Carrol decamps to follow Perry, I guess there might be some truth to this. 

Disclaimer: Perry is my poster-boy for every critical cliche about OSU wrestling's style, stategies, and tactics. I'm embarrassed by the way I cheered on his masterful stalling in his two final appearances. Yeah, he "got two" like he said he would, but goddamn. As I've said before, I wish Brown would have pulled it out. When he didn't, it seemed like Perry and the whole team doubled down on their commitment to winning ugly.

As a Pokes fan I agree. OSU wrestling style in my mind is still based in the 90s and early 2000s - fast paced, tough, and lots of attacks. Spratley is a good current example of this. Notsomuch the "defense first" strategy. From DT's press conference it sounds like he wants to encourage this style of scoring - it's okay to give up a takedown as long as you score more than your opponent! Seems so basic but I agree that in Perry's time as OSU coach we've seen less emphasis on this style.

Who knows about Carroll. Waited until the last day so it's obviously a loaded decision. Maybe its the coaches, maybe its the transfers, maybe its a perceived equity thing. Shouldn't be the weight issue though since he was going down before the coaching change.

• Bob 1

On 6/7/2024 at 7:26 PM, Hammerlock3 said:

i doubt it cause that would be dumb, probably more like a "be ready for practice" policy.

Few guys in Mineo's group are saying DT has a zero tolerance policy. Not sure if that's true. 

• Bob 1

On 6/7/2024 at 10:37 AM, ionel said:

Maybe folks are missing what he's really talking about, coach lager.  🙅‍♀️

c23d20cdc8376c141b56a15ba86c23a2_c_13495

Holy Smokes!  Is Yards really a thing outside the Philly metro area?  

I Don't Agree With What I Posted