Duke, Blaze Lockett

I think these 3 are a tier above any other recruits in the class of 2025. What they've done in their respective weights, especially as of late is incredible. If you could choose 1 of the 3 to go to your program who are you choosing first? Definitely no wrong answer here I just think this would be a very tough choice. 

Are we seeing this for next year's class already as well? At least with Forrest and Bassett leading the way so far above everyone else......

Posted (edited)

Marcus blaze over the last 18 months has wrestled 

Anthony knox twice

Jax Forrest twice

Ben Davino three times

Nick suriano

Nico Megaludis

Nasir Bailey

Luke Lilledahl 

Leo Deluca twice

Jordyn Rayney once

Brayden Palmer on a one day weigh in 12 hours after the weigh in (he was probably 140+)

Im probably missing some. Of all those matches hes been takedown 4 times once by forrest, once by palmer, once by davino and once by suriano.

I think hes a 133/141 and college but his defense is probably the best ive ever seen and hes developed into a really good leg attacker on top of having a really good slide bide and go behind. I think Duke is also absolutely unreal but in terms of nitpicking he seems to let guys in a bit more often and his gas tank is a little suspect to me. All that being said I think Blaze has a really good shot at being a 4x champ not that you can really predict that but his resume is just unreal to me.

Edited by Truzzcat
  • Bob 1

I think Duke might be the weakest of these three and that's saying something because I think he's incredible. So little to pick from between these three, but Blaze and Lockett have really jumped out to me over the last few months.

24 minutes ago, pcostilow said:

I think Duke might be the weakest of these three and that's saying something because I think he's incredible. So little to pick from between these three, but Blaze and Lockett have really jumped out to me over the last few months.

did Duke take any notable losses these last few months?

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

did Duke take any notable losses these last few months?

9 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

to my knowledge his last loss is like cadet trials 2022

Pretty sure Blaze's last loss was to Davino in the Ironman finals back in December.

It was ultimate overtime or rideout, whatever the name its given in highschool where it came down to the last possible scenario. Blaze then beats Davino twice this past weekend, and it wasn't as close as the Ironman finals match. Those two would make great practice partners 😉 

Edited by RandolphTJones
  • Bob 1

8 minutes ago, RandolphTJones said:

Pretty sure Blaze's last loss was to Davino in the Ironman finals back in December.

It was ultimate overtime or rideout, whatever the name its given in highschool where it came down to the last possible scenario. Blaze then beats Davino twice this past weekend, and it wasn't as close as the Ironman finals match. Those two would make great practice partners 😉 

my thoughts exactly! throw in Jesse Mendez too 😮

• Bob 1

4 hours ago, Gus said:

Give me Marcus Blaze. 

Definitely. Break out the big check book and get him to Ohio State. His mom lives only about 2 hours north of Columbus. 

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, poke1 said:

Does anyone know if Hughes and Blaze have ever hooked up in folkstyle?

unless it was at Reno TOC back in the day, I do not think so Blaze was always 113/120 when Hughes was in high school, and I think Hughes was generally 132-138. Personally, I think Bailey may have been a bigger notch in the cap than Hughes although Bailey is a better folk guy.

4 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

Marcus blaze over the last 18 months has wrestled 

Anthony knox twice

Jax Forrest twice

Ben Davino three times

Nick suriano

Nico Megaludis

Nasir Bailey

Luke Lilledahl 

Leo Deluca twice

Jordyn Rayney once

Brayden Palmer on a one day weigh in 12 hours after the weigh in (he was probably 140+)

Im probably missing some. Of all those matches hes been takedown 4 times once by forrest, once by palmer, once by davino and once by suriano.

I think hes a 133/141 and college but his defense is probably the best ive ever seen and hes developed into a really good leg attacker on top of having a really good slide bide and go behind. I think Duke is also absolutely unreal but in terms of nitpicking he seems to let guys in a bit more often and his gas tank is a little suspect to me. All that being said I think Blaze has a really good shot at being a 4x champ not that you can really predict that but his resume is just unreal to me.

Man Brayden Palmer was supposed to be our guy this year. The one who brought an AA back to TN. 

That..did not work out..again.

2 minutes ago, TNwrestling said:

Man Brayden Palmer was supposed to be our guy this year. The one who brought an AA back to TN. 

That..did not work out..again.

I think he bit off more than he could chew with that weight cut. He started as a 141 in college I think he could have done it at 133.

• Bob 1

I’d pick Blaze, but you are right those three are on another level and there’s no wrong answer. Bassett and Forrest are right there on that level too… just not in the same graduating class

• Bob 1

14 hours ago, Eagle26 said:

I’d pick Blaze, but you are right those three are on another level and there’s no wrong answer. Bassett and Forrest are right there on that level too… just not in the same graduating class

I think Forrest and Bassett both commit to Okie St and lay the foundation for DT & Co. to slowly overtake Penn St. 

1 hour ago, Konquest said:

Blaze is a tough out on the senior level.  Not sure if you could say the same about Duke or Lockett.

Lockett teched Shapiro and lost a close one to Berger at OTTs, so I'd say he's a tough out.