Oklahoma state projected line up

Just now, jackwebster said:

My uncle was the superintendent there. Only reason it rings a bell. Either that or I have no idea what Im talking about. Definite possibility.

I believe you. Maybe Chandler did have a team back in my day but they were so rotten that none of their kids made it to state. 

40 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

I've never even heard of Jerry Best, was he back in the 1960s or earlier? Gfeller never improved at OSU, in fact I think he regressed over his time there. A shame, I thought he should've been a multiple AA. The other guys did pretty well for themselves, although Fix never improved either. I wonder how Gfeller and Fix would've done if they'd have wrestled for Cael? 

I believe that Jerry Best was a 3x DII National Champ. 

after seeing Jerry's Best's name on here, I kept thinking there was a good Ok St wrestler early 80s of that name but finally figured out I was thinking of Jerry Kelly. 

1 minute ago, 11986 said:

after seeing Jerry's Best's name on here, I kept thinking there was a good Ok St wrestler early 80s of that name but finally figured out I was thinking of Jerry Kelly. 

Any relation to Jamil? 

1 hour ago, NM1965 said:

It sounds like he had a great wrestling career.  

I believe Jerry Best wrestled for Central Oklahoma University in Edmond, OK.  He went on from there to coach at Allen, TX High School and If not mistaken is still the Head coach there which means he was the coach of everybody's favorite subject currently "AJ Ferrari"

• Bob 1

2 hours ago, NM1965 said:

I've never even heard of Jerry Best, was he back in the 1960s or earlier? Gfeller never improved at OSU, in fact I think he regressed over his time there. A shame, I thought he should've been a multiple AA. The other guys did pretty well for themselves, although Fix never improved either. I wonder how Gfeller and Fix would've done if they'd have wrestled for Cael? 

It was insinuated for years by ok state fans that Gfeller didn’t want to give up the partying lifestyle and that’s what led to his fall off..maybe if Cael could’ve gotten him to put the bottle away for 4 years he would have different results but I don’t think he would’ve tolerated it to begin with 

• Bob 1

56 minutes ago, poke1 said:

I believe Jerry Best wrestled for Central Oklahoma University in Edmond, OK.  He went on from there to coach at Allen, TX High School and If not mistaken is still the Head coach there which means he was the coach of everybody's favorite subject currently "AJ Ferrari"

No way. So that means he also coached Bo Nickal, right? 

• Brain 1

2 hours ago, NM1965 said:

No way. So that means he also coached Bo Nickal, right? 

And Brown AA Ophir Bernstein.  And a few other guys who reached the college level.  Allen has won like 15 straight team titles in Texas.  

1 hour ago, boconnell said:

And Brown AA Ophir Bernstein.  And a few other guys who reached the college level.  Allen has won like 15 straight team titles in Texas.  

I'm sure Best, an Oklahoman, must seem superhuman by Texas wrestling standards 😄The guy obviously can coach. Wow, Jerry Best. Never heard of the guy until this forum. Too cool. 

5 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

It was insinuated for years by ok state fans that Gfeller didn’t want to give up the partying lifestyle and that’s what led to his fall off..maybe if Cael could’ve gotten him to put the bottle away for 4 years he would have different results but I don’t think he would’ve tolerated it to begin with 

Man, I wrote a huge anecdote about a gorilla from my old HS team having to run 500 miles as punishment for a DUI. Anyway when I tried to submit I saw the forum was non working and poof, there went my humorous, extremely witty, and sexy anecdote. 

• Haha 1