Any Brooks news?

5 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

He was obviously cleared to compete at the OTT.  

LOL well, he was clearly using a banned substance that he received a somewhat suspicious TUE for late in his academic career.  That much is true.

The issue is going to be with somehow screwing up his paperwork for U23.  He was using a PED at UWW U23 that he was not cleared for at the time.  That is problematic.

4 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

I feel like essentially claiming he got this prescription because he was struggling to study overseas on a podcast was probably not the best decision either.

Basch's drooling left a false sense of security..

• Bob 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

2 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

LOL well, he was clearly using a banned substance that he received a somewhat suspicious TUE for late in his academic career.  That much is true.

The issue is going to be with somehow screwing up his paperwork for U23.  He was using a PED at UWW U23 that he was not cleared for at the time.  That is problematic.

Is my statement wrong?  

4 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Is mine?

I was responding to a previous comment on him being cleared to compete at OTT,  which he obviously was.  You decided to Chaelsplain other allegations that weren't relevant to the answer.   Thanks for the clarity.  👏😂

1 hour ago, PortaJohn said:

How is Brooks a cheater?  Other than a Mineo tweet what other evidence are you working with?

I didn’t say he was a cheater.  I said I’m not convinced he’s not a cheater (sorry for the double negative).

Uh, Brooks admitted to taking it and that he didn’t have the proper paperwork initially.

• Bob 1

9 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Uh, Brooks admitted to taking it and that he didn’t have the proper paperwork initially.

That does not constitute cheating.  That's a filing error.  If we are to believe his version of events he went to take the drug test, wrote down that he was taking vyavsay, and was flagged because he didn't bring his prescription.  He then filed it properly and was cleared to wrestle.  

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 minute ago, PortaJohn said:

That does not constitute cheating.  That's a filing error.  If we are to believe his version of events he went to take the drug test, wrote down that he was taking vyavsay, and was flagged because he didn't bring his prescription.  He then filed it properly and was cleared to wrestle.  

When did he file, with whom? You seem to know more about this than anyone.

12 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

When did he file, with whom? You seem to know more about this than anyone.

What part of "If we are to believe his version" did you not understand?

starts @40:00

57 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

"Filling error?"  Sounds a lot worse than the Fix situation.  Should Daton have really taken the blame just because Derek's yellow post-it note that said "WT members: don't drink from the water bottles" fell off the garage fridge?  Everyone knows about the wind in Oklahoma.  C'mon Man!  😉

• Bob 1

His version of events demonstrates that he doesn't know how this all works, or he's not telling the truth.  You don't provide a prescription at a drug test:  you either already have a TUE (based in part on a previously provided prescription (say that three times fast!)) on file, or you don't.  I don't even know if one tells the personnel administering the drug test anything about what substances you are taking:  again, either you have a TUE for something on the banned list or you aren't taking anything on the banned list.

4 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

His version of events demonstrates that he doesn't know how this all works, or he's not telling the truth

After listening to many of his post match and now formal interviews/sermons I hypothesize critical reasoning isn't part of his brain structure so I'm predicting it's answer a)  he doesn't know how this all works

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

27 minutes ago, ionel said:

"Filling error?"  Sounds a lot worse than the Fix situation.  Should Daton have really taken the blame just because Derek's yellow post-it note that said "WT members: don't drink from the water bottles" fell off the garage fridge?  Everyone knows about the wind in Oklahoma.  C'mon Man!  😉

Hey Now!  Don't contort my words like an Oklahoma twister. 

• Ionel 1

3 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

The part where his lips move and he doesn't tell the truth?

At this point that's purely speculation on the grounds of your pure PSU hatred 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

At this point that's purely speculation on the grounds of your pure PSU hatred 

I don't hate PSU, it is the fans that are annoying.

I definitely do not like drug cheats, though.  I'm very consistent on that.

And it is not speculation.  He is "bearing false witness." That is not how the TUE system works, as previously mentioned.

I'll root for Brooks as long as he is absolved of wrongdoing; otherwise I will pay attention to him like I pay attention to Daton Fix.

If this goes south for Brooks under Cael's watch, will this reflect a lack of administrative control within the program and potential consequences for the staff?

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

Again, I didn’t say he was a cheater. 

He said he had to get lawyers involved.  That sounds like more than just “he then filed it properly.”  Yes, announcing he was on the medication is a good sign, but that still doesn’t explain not bringing the prescription with him if he knew you’re supposed to have it (plus seemingly additional paperwork?).

7 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I don't hate PSU, it is the fans that are annoying.

I definitely do not like drug cheats, though.  I'm very consistent on that.

And it is not speculation.  He is "bearing false witness." That is not how the TUE system works, as previously mentioned.

I'll root for Brooks as long as he is absolved of wrongdoing; otherwise I will pay attention to him like I pay attention to Daton Fix.

If this goes south for Brooks under Cael's watch, will this reflect a lack of administrative control within the program and potential consequences for the staff?

Good for you,  and that's essentially my stance as well.  Obviously nobody on this forum knows the whole story, let it play out.  Whatever happens happens.  I'd personally like to see our best wrestler at the weight be our rep..

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, BigRedFan said:

His version of events demonstrates that he doesn't know how this all works, or he's not telling the truth.  You don't provide a prescription at a drug test:  you either already have a TUE (based in part on a previously provided prescription (say that three times fast!)) on file, or you don't.  I don't even know if one tells the personnel administering the drug test anything about what substances you are taking:  again, either you have a TUE for something on the banned list or you aren't taking anything on the banned list.

This is straight from the USADA website: The DCO and athlete will complete sample collection forms together, either hard-copy or digitally, to document the circumstances of the sample collection process. Additionally, In accordance with the instructions on the doping control form (DCF), the athlete should declare any substance or medication they may have taken on a Declaration of Use Form. They should also provide details of any Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUEs) they may have on file.

• Bob 1

25 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Again, I didn’t say he was a cheater. 

He said he had to get lawyers involved.  That sounds like more than just “he then filed it properly.”  Yes, announcing he was on the medication is a good sign, but that still doesn’t explain not bringing the prescription with him if he knew you’re supposed to have it (plus seemingly additional paperwork?).

You don't bring your prescription to a drug test.  That just isn't how it works.  Stop talking about his prescription as if it matters in this case:  it doesn't.  If you fail a drug test for a banned substance for which you don't have an existing TUE, you are deemed to have an AAF.  Maybe that's due to not "filing" the correct paperwork, but that doesn't justify your usage.  There are processes in place to deal with this.  Whether he has a  basis for an appeal is not known to us at this point.

5 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

This is straight from the USADA website: The DCO and athlete will complete sample collection forms together, either hard-copy or digitally, to document the circumstances of the sample collection process. Additionally, In accordance with the instructions on the doping control form (DCF), the athlete should declare any substance or medication they may have taken on a Declaration of Use Form. They should also provide details of any Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUEs) they may have on file.

Thanks for the information.  Still, that says nothing about bringing your prescription.  You can be tested anywhere, and I hope that doesn't mean that you have to bring all your medical records with you wherever you tell them you are at any point.  Your quote above makes it sound like whoever is doing the sample analysis needs to know about TUEs, which seems odd:  wouldn't they just report the results to the xADA authority, who have all the TUEs?  Obviously, I don't know all the details of this process!

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

You don't bring your prescription to a drug test.  That just isn't how it works.  Stop talking about his prescription as if it matters in this case:  it doesn't.  If you fail a drug test for a banned substance for which you don't have an existing TUE, you are deemed to have an AAF.  Maybe that's due to not "filing" the correct paperwork, but that doesn't justify your usage.  There are processes in place to deal with this.  Whether he has a  basis for an appeal is not known to us at this point.

Reading more into USADA he seems safe.  Brining the prescription doesn't matter but having one and him disclosing it shows transparency.  

Establishing Intent

Inadvertent rule violations are relatively rare, but they are possible, and when they do occur they are typically the result of medications or supplements that have been insufficiently researched before using them and which contain a prohibited substance. Significant flexibility has been built into the system to try to ensure that inadvertent rule violations are addressed with less severe sanctions. An athlete can usually qualify for a reduced sanction if they are able to determine the source of his or her positive test and establish a lack of intent to cheat. This is where a properly completed disclosure of medications and supplements used by the athlete can become so important.

The starting point for obtaining that flexibility in the event of a positive drug test is often whether the athlete has made a full and complete declaration of substances used on their doping control form.  Frequently, where the athlete has declared a supplement or medication which later turns out to be the source of the positive test, the athlete’s declaration is considered powerful evidence of the athlete’s intent to comply with the rules and leads to a finding that the athlete has not intended to cheat.

On the other hand, when an athlete fails to disclose a substance on their doping control form and tests positive, the failure to disclose can cast doubt on the athlete’s efforts to demonstrate that they were seeking to comply with the rules and this many result in a longer period of ineligibility.

Therefore, it is always in an athletes’ best interest to declare all of his or her supplements and medications – both prescription and non-prescription – during every sample collection process.

Here are just a few more of the reasons why athletes should declare every product, every time

Edited by PortaJohn