Any Brooks news?

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

So, we expect him to remain on the medication after his academic career is over?

That was a joke, but,  I took ADHD meds until about 5 years ago and I'm oldish.    ADHD is real and is recognized as such by the medical and psychological community.  So, if a doctor evaluates and says its legit,  it would be hard to question.  

36 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I'm confused why multiple people have commented about "a Minnow rumor," considering the athlete himself acknowledged that the only thing that was wrong about the Minnow rumor was the name of the specific drug.

Glad to hear he's been cleared, hopefully he learned his lesson.

Because when Minnow posted it it was a rumor. That is the coin of his realm. That it later was almost accurate does not change the characterization. Some rumors are false, some are true, and some are somewhere in between. But those determinations are always after more information, from real sources, comes out. He gleefully deals in rumors. It is what he does because he is addicted to being first. In order to do that he is very comfortable that truth is usually the first casualty.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

17 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

That was a joke, but,  I took ADHD meds until about 5 years ago and I'm oldish.    ADHD is real and is recognized as such by the medical and psychological community.  So, if a doctor evaluates and says its legit,  it would be hard to question.  

Not really a joke.  I am pretty aware of ADHD, the diagnosis of ADHD, and medications to treat it.  Part of my job is to evaluate individuals who are in the process of being diagnosed.

If his issue was only presenting issues as part of his academic life, he should probably go off of it, especially considering side effects of the drug and risk of dependency.  If attention problems are presenting themselves in social or work (professional athlete) settings then he would have reasons to remain on it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Because when Minnow posted it it was a rumor. That is the coin of his realm. That it later was almost accurate does not change the characterization. Some rumors are false, some are true, and some are somewhere in between. But those determinations are always after more information, from real sources, comes out. He gleefully deals in rumors. It is what he does because he is addicted to being first. In order to do that he is very comfortable that truth is usually the first casualty.

I would agree that when Minnow first posted it that it probably wasn’t worth getting into, and I don’t believe personally that I really did.  But once Pyles confirmed it and Brooks himself acknowledged it, the “rumor” became irrelevant IMO.

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Minnow maybe deals too much into rumors and is wrong as often as he is right, but I also appreciate his presence in the sport.  If he hadn't broke the story I wonder if we would have ever heard about it.  It might come up years later like when Chael mentioned Kurt Angle's HGH test, which I'm not sure if is true or nonsense.  I get the feeling if the Flo crew had caught the same information as Minnow and even confirmed it with a source at PSU and/or the Brooks family if they would have not run the story.  CP clearly did not want to discuss it when Sonnen roped him into it and I suspect they'd kill the story at the request of PSU/Brooks.  Flo is 50% news outlet 50% PR at times.

• Bob 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fishbane said:

Minnow maybe deals too much into rumors and is wrong as often as he is right, but I also appreciate his presence in the sport.  If he hadn't broke the story I wonder if we would have ever heard about it.  It might come up years later like when Chael mentioned Kurt Angle's HGH test, which I'm not sure if is true or nonsense.  I get the feeling if the Flo crew had caught the same information as Minnow and even confirmed it with a source at PSU and/or the Brooks family if they would have not run the story.  CP clearly did not want to discuss it when Sonnen roped him into it and I suspect they'd kill the story at the request of PSU/Brooks.  Flo is 50% news outlet 50% PR at times.

Good points.  He’s definitely right more often than he’s wrong though, although he will often be largely right with a minor detail wrong such as in this case.  The annoying thing is he also often tries to delete the evidence when he is wrong.  But at this point he’s built up such a following that I’d bet he likely gets “leaked” info that guys want to get out, but just don’t want to be the ones releasing it

Edited by 1032004

2 hours ago, fishbane said:

You and I could not feel any different about this.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

But at this point he’s built up such a following that I’d bet he likely gets “leaked” info that guys want to get out, but just don’t want to be the ones releasing it

I find this interesting because Brooks made a statement about being surprised it took this long to leak.  Curious who the mole was inside the PSU network.  

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

3 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

You and I could not feel any different about this.

I don't think that's accurate.  I think Minnow is a net positive for the sport, but it's a close call.  He's a douche and I'd prefer any other outlet to break these stories over him.

4 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Good points.  He’s definitely right more often than he’s wrong though, although he will often be largely right with a minor detail wrong such as in this case.  The annoying thing is he also often tries to delete the evidence when he is wrong.  But at this point he’s built up such a following that I’d bet he likely gets “leaked” info that guys want to get out, but just don’t want to be the ones releasing it

It's possible I was a little unfair in saying right as much as he is wrong.  Certainly in this instance he was more right than wrong,  

I think I am on his side when it comes to deleting the incorrect/inaccurate tweets.  If he tweet's wrong information it is probably best that he removes the tweet rather than leaving it up so that people can keep track of how often he is wrong.  He should issue a retraction/correction along with deleting it, but it should be deleted.