Brooks Interview on Basch.

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I'm guessing that he is not a big Kennedy fan.  He DOES like Gilman, so who are the other Iscariot brothers going to Oklahoma State that he alluded to?  I'd guess Dake.  Maybe Snyder?  My guess is guys who are too busy preparing for the Olympics to change their lives so much.

I believe he said “the guys that went with him,” which IMO means Kennedy and Gilman which are the only ones known thus far

On 5/11/2024 at 12:18 PM, Truzzcat said:

Wow I didn’t realize a singular interview could make someone look like such an imbecile.

I see you’ve never listened to Baschmania before. If you’re looking for a wrestling podcast this isn’t it. It’s unlistenable. 

22 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I actually thought the first 30ish minutes was pretty good, it’s the most I can ever recall Brooks actually talking wrestling and not just giving the lord credit for everything.  For example it was interesting to hear him remember specific matches from each of his college seasons.

But yeah, once he got into the DT stuff it was pretty cringe.  Particularly when he was talking about Kennedy and Gilman helping Taylor prepare for him and how he “hopes they find the lord” for doing that or something.

I am as big a PSU fan as there is but Brooks is so self righteous it’s nauseating. He truly thinks his religious views make him better than everyone else. 

We have had some fantastic guys over the last decade but some of them are just insufferable douches. Bo Nickal. Carter Starocci. Aaron Brooks. The list of insufferable douches is certainly growing. 

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JimmyCinnabon said:

I am as big a PSU fan as there is but Brooks is so self righteous it’s nauseating. He truly thinks his religious views make him better than everyone else. 

We have had some fantastic guys over the last decade but some of them are just insufferable douches. Bo Nickal. Carter Starocci. Aaron Brooks. The list of insufferable douches is certainly growing. 

Yet every team in the country would LOVE to have any one of them while about 70% of the people on this site would like to smother you while you sleep..     

On 5/11/2024 at 1:07 AM, Doublehalf said:

Some insightful things from brooks on what he thinks of DT... damn man, anyone that isn't doing bible study 5 days a week is persona non grata to him.

I totally get how faith can help alleviate a lot of the pressure stress and anxiety that come with competing, especially at that level.... but just maybe, he beat DT because he is the younger dude and David was getting older and Brooks was becoming a better wrestler and in his prime. If people always want to say it's god's will, that's their prerogative but to insinuate you basically "walked on water" to beat DT is a little nuts in my opinion...

It amuses me how theists always seem to believe the creator of the universe is concerned with the results of wrestling matches, football games, etc. 

1 hour ago, JimmyCinnabon said:

The list of insufferable douches is certainly growing. 

That's what happens when people who are not well grounded in reality are given too much acclaim. They get the big head, and all the insufferable douches don't go to PSU.  I know some coaches, present and past, who fill the bill of "insufferable douche" to the letter. If coaches are like that, guaranteed wrestlers are, too! 

Fortunately for me I was never as successful as Brooks or Starocci. I came by my insufferable douche status honestly!

• Stalling 1

2 hours ago, JimmyCinnabon said:

I see you’ve never listened to Baschmania before. If you’re looking for a wrestling podcast this isn’t it. It’s unlistenable. 

I actually listen to all of Basches stuff he would drive me insane early on but Ive come to respect how hard he rides for his "guys" I thought Aaron came off very bad in this, while I respect he has faith I think he should leave the judging to god and not take it into his own hands to claim that him winning the trials was an act of god or David and they guys that left need to find god.

Posted (edited)

You guys must have watched a different interview than I did. I found it informative and it wasn't oozing with God talk.  I'll admit that Aaron said some of the some of the quiet part out loud.  But,  David and Aaron have had some animosity for a few years.  Do you know what goes on between competitors in the same room?   Let alone,  the 2 best in the country and possibly in the world and their teams in the room.    I don't.   alot of the anti Brooks people and those that wine any time he mentions God watch with a preconceived notion and if he mentions anything, you feel validated.    

And those that bash Basch,  don't watch!!!,  it's his podcast, he can post whatever he wants,  he's a PSU homer and he admits it.  deal with it.    There are other pods you can listen to that are homers for their team, I don't listen to them because I don't care.    If I want vitriol and whining I'll vist the hawk board for a couple minutes. 

Edited by Threadkilla
  • Poopy 1

1 hour ago, NM1965 said:

That's what happens when people who are not well grounded in reality are given too much acclaim. They get the big head, and all the insufferable douches don't go to PSU.  I know some coaches, present and past, who fill the bill of "insufferable douche" to the letter. If coaches are like that, guaranteed wrestlers are, too! 

Fortunately for me I was never as successful as Brooks or Starocci. I came by my insufferable douche status honestly!

well played..didn’t know where you were headed and wham! got a good chuckle out of that one.

• Bob 1

On 5/10/2024 at 4:02 PM, Threadkilla said:

It's a good listen.     His script was for Vyvanse,  not Adderall and it sounds like he has been cleared. 

I can’t remember now…So he just got the prescription this year, correct?  The same year he’s saying he “grew” and was having a tough cut to 86kg?  And vyvanse can also be used to treat “binge eating disorder” and a common side effect is loss of appetite?

• Bob 1

10 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

I actually listen to all of Basches stuff he would drive me insane early on but Ive come to respect how hard he rides for his "guys" I thought Aaron came off very bad in this, while I respect he has faith I think he should leave the judging to god and not take it into his own hands to claim that him winning the trials was an act of god or David and they guys that left need to find god.

His ill will toward Taylor and company, didn't seem very Christ-like.  Him saying he 'hopes they find the way' (or whatever) isn't being said with sincerity.  Just sounds like some words to cover up his true feelings.

• Bob 1

4 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I can’t remember now…So he just got the prescription this year, correct?  The same year he’s saying he “grew” and was having a tough cut to 86kg?  And vyvanse can also be used to treat “binge eating disorder” and a common side effect is loss of appetite?

Weird how he never found an he had an attention deficit disorder until after high school.  Who wouldn't have a difficult time studying overseas while attending a world tourney?

9 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

You guys must have watched a different interview than I did. I found it informative and it wasn't oozing with God talk.  I'll admit that Aaron said some of the some of the quiet part out loud.  But,  David and Aaron have had some animosity for a few years.  Do you know what goes on between competitors in the same room?   Let alone,  the 2 best in the country and possibly in the world and their teams in the room.    I don't.   alot of the anti Brooks people and those that wine any time he mentions God watch with a preconceived notion and if he mentions anything, you feel validated.    

And those that bash Basch,  don't watch!!!,  it's his podcast, he can post whatever he wants,  he's a PSU homer and he admits it.  deal with it.    There are other pods you can listen to that are homers for their team, I don't listen to them because I don't care.    If I want vitriol and whining I'll vist the hawk board for a couple minutes. 

Bro admitted to trying to will himself to "walk on water" during his weight cut...

Wasn't he repeating it like a mantra? 

Almost as if he is the Christ-like character in his own narrative.

26 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Weird how he never found an he had an attention deficit disorder until after high school.  Who wouldn't have a difficult time studying overseas while attending a world tourney?

And in his 5th year of college.  It looks like he was still finishing his undergrad too.  Not that there’s anything wrong with that, tons of people even outside of athletes that are on the 5 year plan, but if I had to guess I’d bet his class schedule wasn’t particularly difficult.

10 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

And in his 5th year of college.  It looks like he was still finishing his undergrad too.  Not that there’s anything wrong with that, tons of people even outside of athletes that are on the 5 year plan, but if I had to guess I’d bet his class schedule wasn’t particularly difficult.

I always keep in mind that this guy got a doctor to sign off on a TUE for TRT:

Vitor-Belfort.jpg?width=597

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I always keep in mind that this guy got a doctor to sign off on a TUE for TRT:

Vitor-Belfort.jpg?width=597

TRT tor, what is even crazier about his case is his deficiency was obviously a result of steroid abuse prior in his career so when he started taking even TRT he was probably carrying a super physiological amount of muscle simply from the Myo nuclei he had developed during that time period. 

Finally watched this video.  Oh man.  I've always liked Brooks but that wasn't a good look at all. 

First he says/implies Taylor and others were somehow trying to structure PSU practices in a way that was harmful to him.  Like... huh?  Then he basically says that his win over Taylor should prove beyond a doubt that his religion is the correct one and Taylor's beliefs are wrong.  LOL.  I dunno Aaron, are you sure Taylor's win last year didn't prove *his* beliefs are right and *yours* are wrong?  Crazy.  I loathe this "I won therefore my religion is the right one" BS, and to foist that mindset on a longtime teammate is just way out of line. 

Interviews like this are also pretty much disqualifying for any coaching position in the near future.  If you are a school looking for a coach or assistant coach, you have to worry that he's going to give preferential treatment to those who share his Christian beliefs, and discriminate against those who don't, both in how he recruits and how he coaches guys.   

BTW, whoever said Basch is like CP times 1000 (or something like that) had it right.  Man that guy is hard to watch.  Could his nose have been any further up Brooks' butt?

• Bob 2

1 hour ago, BAC said:

Interviews like this are also pretty much disqualifying for any coaching position in the near future.  If you are a school looking for a coach or assistant coach, you have to worry that he's going to give preferential treatment to those who share his Christian beliefs, and discriminate against those who don't, both in how he recruits and how he coaches guys.   

Even Campbell, Gardner Webb, Sacred Heart, Cal Baptist, and Presbyterian?

Basch is one of those people who have succeeded far beyond what you’d expect for the limits of their talent.

And yeah, Brooks needs to develop a personality. Two of my wife’s cousins (one of them being my best friend and godfather of our 3 year old) are Catholic priests. They are very different people but you’d never know that they have the same profession unless you asked. They can actually… talk to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Bob 2

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

Basch is one of those people who have succeeded far beyond what you’d expect for the limits of their talent.

He has truly mastered the art of slapping his logo over a picture he didn’t take with reporting that he didn’t actually cover  

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Even Campbell, Gardner Webb, Sacred Heart, Cal Baptist, and Presbyterian?

LOL I dunno, what kind of Christian is he... Baptist, Presbyterian, Catholic...?  For the uber religious, those distinctions can be the difference between heaven and hell.  

Pretty sure Cael's Mormon.  I wonder how Aaron feels about the "third testament," the Book of Mormon?

1 hour ago, pawrestler said:

He has truly mastered the art of slapping his logo over a picture he didn’t take with reporting that he didn’t actually cover  

I don’t think it’s his “success” as a “wrestling media” person that @Le duke is referring to…

Posted (edited)

Brooks is a faith-based rather than fact-based guy.   That tells me to take what he says with a great grain of salt.  He's too willing to tell himself (and others) a magical story about the world, and what he sees is no doubt colored heavily by what he seeks (and wishes to see).  

His stories are far too simple and simplistic to actually reflect a reality that is usually many shades of gray rather than stark black and white.   

I wonder what Brooks will say if he gets Yazdani or a Muslim from another country in the Olympic finals:  my guess is that he might cast it as God's plan to do battle against heretics or something of the sort.  NBC might be wise to keep the live mics away from him.  

Edited by SocraTease