World OG qualifier brackets are out...

9 hours ago, lu1979 said:

They don't take anyone from the Asian Games - like Pan ams they have a separate Asian Olympic Qualifier (which Amouzadi wouldn't be in as Iran is already qualified at 65kg) - Mongolia sent a wrestler named T Tseveensuren to the AOQ and he lost to Akmatliev from Kyrgyzstan who made the finals. The other guy to qualify there was the Japaneese wrestler K. Kyooka 

Thats my bad I was looking at this years asian championships 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, maligned said:

Roberts officially eliminated. He finishes 0-1.

Bounced out from the Paris Olympics...

giphy.gif

Yep.

D3

Edited by D3 for LU
  • Haha 1

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I think I wrote off how tough Kudiev may be after Ochir I just watched his match from last years world cup with mamedov (world bronze) just beat abasghadzi to win russian nats. He gassed out here so lets hope zain can push the pace but safely he has a nasty nasty slide bye.

• Fire 2

8 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

I think I wrote off how tough Kudiev may be after Ochir I just watched his match from last years world cup with mamedov (world bronze) just beat abasghadzi to win russian nats. He gassed out here so lets hope zain can push the pace but safely he has a nasty nasty slide bye.

Yeah, the fact that the winner of Ochir/Zain will have only a little over an hour of rest and will have wrestled one other solid opponent prior to their matchup--while Kudiev wrestles opponents he can finish quickly--is worrisome.

I posted estimated start times on another thread, and I will say that the amount of wait between the R32 and the Ochir match gives me some hope for a good, weight-recovered Zain performance in that match. He won't face Ochir until probably close to 8 hours after weigh in, 3 hours after his R32, and maybe 4.5 hours after the Coman R64 match.

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1
  • Fire 1

Posted (edited)

Coleman also officially eliminated. He finishes 1-1.

Bey's Russian opponent ran through Belarus in the R16 and is about to wrestle his QF against a Swede who's been through 2 wars and doesn't seem super impressive. A win would leave only a semi-final OG Qualifier match later on to bring Bey back in to tomorrow.

Edited by maligned
  • Bob 1

39 minutes ago, maligned said:

Coleman also officially eliminated. He finishes 1-1.

Bounced out from the Paris Olympics part 2...

giphy.gif

Yep, yep...

D3

• Clown 2

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

34 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

Bounced out from the Paris Olympics part 2...

giphy.gif

Yep, yep...

D3

You seem to deal with disappointment in the same way as my daughter: with weird, distracting comments and pretend joy

• Bob 1
  • Haha 1

Kutuzov of Russia did end up winning his quarter and will wrestle for Paris in a few minutes with the potential impact for us of Bey being brought back in tomorrow.

Oof...I just saw the match numbers for the repechage matches tomorrow. I have no idea why they do this, but they put the first, second, and third round repechage matches with only 4 matches of separation between each (about a half hour)--even though they're happening during the lengthy morning/afternoon session of the next style.

It would be easy to give first round and then second round winners 90 minutes or 2 hours of rest.

That, along with not necessarily wrestling the R64 pigtails before the R32 matches for some of the weights, is just so bizarre and blind to what should be obvious "fairness" protocols (Zain has to wait until match 11 for his R64 match on his mat on Saturday, and almost all of the first 10 matches are R32 matches at weights that don't have any R64). Makes no sense. 

So discouraging to see these international Greco results for us. We're so often just not even in the same stratosphere as the contenders. Roberts loses to Ukraine who loses to Sweden who loses to Korea who loses to Russia. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, maligned said:

So discouraging to see these international Greco results for us. We're so often just not even in the same stratosphere as the contenders. Roberts loses to Ukraine who loses to Sweden who loses to Korea who loses to Russia. 

unless there is more precedent place on youth greco I think we should almost cut the program to fund the freestyle program. Sam herring who is a great wrestler made our cadet team last year but admittedly he said he just hand fought. When in other nations you're deciding at 10-12 years old this is my sport and im going to dedicate to it now you just can't make up that kind of time when at the earliest you see a guy like Joel Adams making that switch at 17.

Bey brought back in.

He needs to beat Belarus and Sweden in quick succession tomorrow morning, beat Georgia in the regular bronze in the afternoon, and then beat the upper half bronze in the special True 3rd Olympic qualifying bout at night.

• Bob 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mspart said:

At least Bey is still alive.   Hopefully he makes it. 

mspart

Good luck to him... Bey will have to win 4 times to get in.

8pjkgv.jpg

IF successful, he'll definitely EARNED IT!

D3

Edited by D3 for LU
  • Bob 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, maligned said:

Oof...I just saw the match numbers for the repechage matches tomorrow. I have no idea why they do this, but they put the first, second, and third round repechage matches with only 4 matches of separation between each (about a half hour)--even though they're happening during the lengthy morning/afternoon session of the next style.

It would be easy to give first round and then second round winners 90 minutes or 2 hours of rest.

That, along with not necessarily wrestling the R64 pigtails before the R32 matches for some of the weights, is just so bizarre and blind to what should be obvious "fairness" protocols (Zain has to wait until match 11 for his R64 match on his mat on Saturday, and almost all of the first 10 matches are R32 matches at weights that don't have any R64). Makes no sense. 

I see they changed the bout numbers for the repechage rounds tomorrow. Bey will be the 3rd match on Mat 1 against the Belarusian; then, if he wins, he'd get about 2 hours of rest before wrestling the Swede, who will have had a bye.

Glad this component was done right after all.

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, maligned said:

Bey with a good start this morning. He techs the 2-time World 5th place Belarusian. Sweden next

Well... that's one.

Do you have an idea when he's coming up for the next repechage match?

(After the women's 1st round matches are done?)

D3

14 hours ago, D3 for LU said:

Good luck to him... Bey will have to win 4 times to get in.

8pjkgv.jpg

IF successful, he'll definitely EARNED IT!

D3

loose?!? 🫤

I meant lose... 

(Sheesh... I did it again. 🙄)

D3

Bey came to play today. 

He'll have the Georgian at 4:45pm local time (9:45 ET) for the traditional bronze. Then if he wins, he'll have a True 3rd place match after the women's evening semi-finals at maybe 8pm local time (1pm ET).

The Georgian gave the Russian a war yesterday, so Kamal will probably need his best match yet to keep things going this afternoon.

Then the Olympic qualifying True 3rd match will also be a war. He could have the Chinese, who teched the 1-seed that beat Kamal recently. Or it could be the 4-seed Hungarian that is also very, very tough.