Do Spencer and Zain get it done next week?

For someone who knows nothing about wrestling, you are pretty secure in your wrestling opinion ha ha!!   We thought the same with Zain last time and he got beat and didn't make it.   I'm not saying he will do that again, but I don't think anything is guaranteed.   But I really want to think it is.   I anticipate that they will win the tourney at their weights.   But you just never know.   Again, best of luck to both of them.  

mspart

• Bob 2

I don't know the field at 65, but at 57 kg I feel that Spencer is a lock as long as he doesn't have Aman right off the scale. Even then, I'd give him a 90% chance to win the true bronze match.

What happened to Zou Wanhao of China? They are sending another guy who has awful international results. I think Lee beats Zou, but if he were there, the percentage would drop somewhat. Other contenders are Sarlak of Iran, Horst Lehr is strong for Germany, and so is Zanabazar Zandanbud of Mongolia, but I don't think any of those guys can avoid Lee's leg attacks and guts/laces. 

Dark horses are Vladimir Egorov, a Russian wrestling for Macedonia. Dude has wrestled as high as 65 kg two years ago. Recent Euro Champ at 57 kg. Muhammet Karavuş of Turkiye is a recent Euro and Junior Silver. Looks pretty big. The cut will be key for all these tiny fatties. 

• Bob 1

Spencer and Zain are going to make mincemeat of whoever they face.  My prediction.  Feel very confident.  Rest of the field is worried about Zain, the 2023 WORLD CHAMPION at 70kg..  And they should be worried about Spencer.

• Bob 1

We'll certainly know a week from today... qualifying the weight is tough business, but the USA  FS team should qualify all their weights for the Olympics... pretty much all the time. (Just wish the Olympic committee just cave in and have ALL the weights included. Nagonnahappenthough... but we all wish it would! 😉)

D3  

• Brain 1

19 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

I don't know the field at 65, but at 57 kg I feel that Spencer is a lock as long as he doesn't have Aman right off the scale. Even then, I'd give him a 90% chance to win the true bronze match.

I mean probably off the scale is worse for Aman than for Lee? Lee is a very small person.

• Bob 2