I still haven't figured out the rules

12 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

its not abuse, they get one point not two, in folk it would be one not 3. Do you like it better when people stall on the edge or are about to get taken down but hide out of bounds?

and I should add, having a single leg up and pushing the guy out isn't peak drama, but it does destabilize the match in a way that the shot clock doesn't. If I get put on the clock, and I don't look terrible for the rest of the match, the refs are gonna put the other guy on or be accused of deciding the match, so I'm gonna keep doing what i was before. If I give up a position and get pushed out, the refs are gonna give that guy more slack as opposed to looking for an excuse to balance the equation.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

if this weekend didn't convince people that we don't need the free rules in folk, i Dont know what will.

wrestling is lost.

I fear for it's survival.

I love free. not as much as i used to ... my heroes are gone. It wasn't as interesting this weekend. I knew JB was done, after his first match. I did like watching several others... but the gamesmanship is too much.

not enough wrestling.. too much pushing and dropping... and even a new 'technique' of locking out on all 4's i hadn't seen before.

there were moments... like nolf and brooks hitting powerful doubles on legends.

4 hours ago, AnklePicker said:

Yeah it's there but it is not in the official rules which are put out by UWW.  In fact the USA rule book states the following:

*The official UWW rule book supersedes this publication at all times. This rule book does not reflect rule modifications for UWW qualifiers or international competitions.

so we have different rules than international?

that seems stupid...

27 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

and I should add, having a single leg up and pushing the guy out isn't peak drama, but it does destabilize the match in a way that the shot clock doesn't. If I get put on the clock, and I don't look terrible for the rest of the match, the refs are gonna put the other guy on or be accused of deciding the match, so I'm gonna keep doing what i was before. If I give up a position and get pushed out, the refs are gonna give that guy more slack as opposed to looking for an excuse to balance the equation.

This happened in Cox vs Carroll. Cox didn't do jack, got put on the clock, Carroll couldn't score got put on the clock, Cox wins on criteria.

Interlocking fingers got called about half the time, other half the refs ignore it. Maybe they didn't see?

After takedowns there was anywhere from 5-15 seconds given for par terre. Not real consistent.

As with folkstyle in freestyle you can't let the ref decide the winner. Tough when so many of these cats are super high level athletes. But I did see enough ref interference in these matches to think maybe there were decisions made as to who they wanted to send to the Olympics.