OTT Finals Thread

Upcoming Matches

Upcoming matches ... in case you need to run to the bathroom ... or refrigerator:

Finals GR 130 - Round 2

Adam Coon (CKWC / NYAC)
Cohlton Schultz (SKWC)
Finals MFS 74 - Round 2
Jason Nolf (NLWC / TMWC)
Kyle Dake (NLWC / TMWC)
Finals WM 57 - Round 2
Jacarra Winchester (TMWC)
Helen Maroulis (SKWC)
Finals WM 68 - Round 2
Forrest Molinari (SKWC)
Amit Elor (NYCRTC / TMW)
Finals MFS 86 - Round 2
Aaron Brooks (NLWC / TMWC)
David Taylor (NLWC / TMWC)

1 minute ago, SocraTease said:
Upcoming Matches

Upcoming matches ... in case you need to run to the bathroom ... or refrigerator:

Finals GR 130 - Round 2

Adam Coon (CKWC / NYAC)
Cohlton Schultz (SKWC)
Finals MFS 74 - Round 2
Jason Nolf (NLWC / TMWC)
Kyle Dake (NLWC / TMWC)
Finals WM 57 - Round 2
Jacarra Winchester (TMWC)
Helen Maroulis (SKWC)
Finals WM 68 - Round 2
Forrest Molinari (SKWC)
Amit Elor (NYCRTC / TMW)
Finals MFS 86 - Round 2
Aaron Brooks (NLWC / TMWC)
David Taylor (NLWC / TMWC)

Gotta squeeze a shower in there somewhere... I'm thinking immediately following Dake vs Nolf. Hoping there are some bombs. 

Wow, interesting little factoid about Cohlton Schutz being born the very day Rulon Gardner upset Russia's Karelin.

I don't think Jesus deserves credit for this coincidence, however.  Some wrestlers might disagree, however.

2 minutes ago, Voice of the Quakers said:

Amazingly, that gold medal may not be in the top three must interesting things about Rulon

Didn't he lose a few toes or something like that in cold weather?  Or was he just on Dancing with the Stars?  I

As a former Greco guy, I have never understood Coon’s approach. He doesn’t use his height at all. He doesn’t attack high/head to snap. He also doesn’t attack low/wrist to hack people up. Instead he tries to just bull thru opponents, gets caught in the middle and becomes launch bait for better wrestlers.

• Bob 1

Dan McDonald, Penn '93
danmc167@yahoo.com

1 minute ago, SocraTease said:

Didn't he lose a few toes or something like that in cold weather?  Or was he just on Dancing with the Stars?  I

I think he legit almost died while out snowmobiling lol. Plus the biggest loser, which c'mon, everyone knew having a wrestler who grew up cutting weight was a done deal from the start, and his other 400+ lb weight swings... All interesting. 

Just now, Voice of the Quakers said:

As a former Greco guy, I have never understood Coon’s approach. He doesn’t use his height at all. He doesn’t attack high/head to snap. He also doesn’t attack low/wrist to hack people up. Instead he tries to just bull thru opponents, gets caught in the middle and becomes launch bait for better wrestlers.

He seems to overwhelm and pin a lot of smaller guys though.  Or at least he used to.

Just now, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Embarrassing

Give tix away if they aren’t selling ffs.    It’s not like pa isn’t the best hotbed for wrestling in the country.   At least you’ll get commissary revenue……..