Chamizo Inteview Speaks about Dake & Burroughs

Clip of an interview from about 10 days ago or so talking about his training and also hits on Dake a bit saying he's not a champion yet essentially because he hasn't beaten everyone that should be in a fully loaded world/olympic bracket (ie Sidakov).

Also talks about training with Burroughs and how he's lighting it up right now and more focused than he's ever seen. Seems to hold Jordan in much higher regard than Dake...

• Jagger 1

Chamizo speaks Spanish, Italian, and English. He's trained in Cuba, Italy, the US, Japan, and likely lots of other places. If he ever wants to coach, some OTC better hire him!

• Bob 1

16 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Chamizo is respectful towards guys he's lost to. He's ever wrestled Dake (I think). Hope he he doesn't feel silly a month from now for training in those Paris 2024 shorts.

Dake beat him in Tokyo

• Bob 2
  • Brain 1

I mean, this is classic athlete speak.  He sees Dake as the likely rep and a potential rival for the podium so he does mental gymnastics to downplay his accomplishments because it makes him feel good about his chances.

He's trained with Burroughs, is friendly with him, and likely won't have to wrestle him, so he showers him with praise.  

• Bob 3

6 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Chamizo is respectful towards guys he's lost to. He's ever wrestled Dake (I think). Hope he he doesn't feel silly a month from now for training in those Paris 2024 shorts.

he and Dake wrestled over covid and it was a pretty contentious match if I recall ill see if I can find it 

• Wrestle 1

16 hours ago, steamboat_charlie said:

I mean, this is classic athlete speak.  He sees Dake as the likely rep and a potential rival for the podium so he does mental gymnastics to downplay his accomplishments because it makes him feel good about his chances.

He's trained with Burroughs, is friendly with him, and likely won't have to wrestle him, so he showers with him.  

Does he seriously shower with him? Weird. 

11 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

he and Dake wrestled over covid and it was a pretty contentious match if I recall ill see if I can find it 

Overall, pretty damn close aside from the gut Dake got on him. Also, Dake would be so much more likeable if he didn't have all those petty antics for the ref (i.e. acting like Chamizo pulled his fingers off, stopping wrestling and looking over at the ref). Still love the Dake bombs tho. 

2 minutes ago, pokemonster said:

Overall, pretty damn close aside from the gut Dake got on him. Also, Dake would be so much more likeable if he didn't have all those petty antics for the ref (i.e. acting like Chamizo pulled his fingers off, stopping wrestling and looking over at the ref). Still love the Dake bombs tho. 

Unfortunately, they are few and far between.  Less even than usual in recent years.

• Wrestle 1

11 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Unfortunately, they are few and far between.  Less even than usual in recent years.

thats the downside too aging backwards. Its hard to bomb someone when you're 12 years old 😕

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

But, I will give him credit... it is interesting!

It's like the perfect amount of whack job, conspiracy nut shit mixed with his usual brand of arrogance that makes you think "oh, this dude is totally insane!"   It's nowhere near the worst from a Cornell grad though - that honor goes to Dylan Palacio.

• Bob 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BloodRound said:

It's like the perfect amount of whack job, conspiracy nut shit mixed with his usual brand of arrogance that makes you think "oh, this dude is totally insane!"   It's nowhere near the worst from a Cornell grad though - that honor goes to Dylan Palacio.

Say what you want about Askren, but he made Palacio and his act look pretty bad recently.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken

7 minutes ago, BloodRound said:

Catch me up to speed here.

You know Palacio's whole thing with challenging people to wrestle?  Pretending he's homeless etc., and then clowning them?

I believe it was at a BTC conference, Askren challenged him to a match and Palacio refused.  There may have been BTC on the line.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

You know Palacio's whole thing with challenging people to wrestle?  Pretending he's homeless etc., and then clowning them?

I believe it was at a BTC conference, Askren challenged him to a match and Palacio refused. 

HAH - Clown activity.  Yes, I remember his whole bum wrestling thing.  Glad it finally caught up to him.

4 hours ago, BloodRound said:

Nashon Garrett would like a word with you

Edited by Jim L
  • Bob 1

On 4/10/2024 at 3:07 PM, CHROMEBIRD said:

Dake has beaten him at least twice.

image.png.889ef1793b6e7a9b3030b919d3ea26b0.png

image.png.3d21c260ac340faf3e2dda00cff49115.png

• Bob 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me