Last Chance Qualifiers - Brackets & Discussion

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Spladle08 said:

I've never felt like Ashnault had a gas tank, wonder if Bassett will wear on him, or if the old-man has too many tricks. 

Oh, it's happening man.  If Shnaulty doesn't put him away in the first he us getting chased down in the secomnd - best case.

• Wrestle 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Bassett just teched an undefeated 149lb national champion at 65 KG (143.3lbs) as a 138lb high school soph in the first period.

It wasn't even close.  Shnaulty had nothing to make me think that match goes the othet way, at all - ever.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1

There's only 1 way a hs sophomore beats up a man like that, strength. And no kid that age that hasn't caught up to his growth spirt is that strong. Ash is no scrub but a man should have the overwhelming strength advantage to stop a kid who's quicker . 

At 25 I would mop the floor w any 16 yr old- unless he was chemically stronger.

• Poopy 1
  • Clown 1

3 minutes ago, Daddy Dave said:

There's only 1 way a hs sophomore beats up a man like that, strength. And no kid that age that hasn't caught up to his growth spirt is that strong. Ash is no scrub but a man should have the overwhelming strength advantage to stop a kid who's quicker . 

Weak

• Bob 2
  • Brain 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Daddy Dave said:

A few things to consider: 

1 - Bassett wouldn't be allowed to compete here unless he was going to be 18 before the end of the year, so he isn't 16.

2 - Shnaulty is also considerably smaller than his NCAA days.  It is clear he is much smaller.

3 - Styles make matches.  Shnaulty lets folks to his legs real easily.  Bo gets to legs easily.  That means the transition will be rather seamless to converting them.  Once you get down a score or two the guy who us down will typically open up and try to force thr action.  That is also something that doesn't play in to Shnaulty's wheelhouse.

Bassett could beat Shnaulty 10/10 times and Shnaulty could beat Kolodzik 10/10 times.  That does not mean Bassett beats Kolodzik 10/10 times.  Hell it doesn't mean he beats him 5/10 times.  Kolodzik has a well rounded game and poses a serious threat to beat Bassett.

Edit:  Bassett doesn't have that sort of strength advantage that you are implying here.  It is his fearless motor.

Edited by nhs67

1 minute ago, Dark Energy said:

Is there a set start time for finals (looking for Eastern time)?

They are rolling straight in to the finals after semis here.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, JuanMogen said:

Yahya beat Sealey by being less active sooner than Sealey was.

And more active later.  There was nothinh stopping them from hitting Yahya again.

• Brain 1

Sinclair is a 174lber for Mizzou and he needs to grow a bit to get to be full-sized there.  McFadden was considerably larger than him.

I will be off for the Finals, gents.  Just going to let it stream in the basement and drink a bear or four.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, TylerDurden said:

I kinda hope the opposite, mainly because I'd rather do anything than watch Warner wrestle.

Hahahah he is the epitome of paint drying. 

I wonder if Carroll will go down to 197 for next season. He's just too small for HWT