Conferences at NCAAs

1 hour ago, red viking said:

Big 10 just continues to dominate. That's all there is to it. 

Really, you think?  This was about "everyone one else getting an opportunity to brag."  We know which conference currently rules.  Just hoping the Big 12 will inch closure with Arizona State coming into the conference next year.  Baby steps!

1 hour ago, MidwestMan said:

How many of those AAs were from A state cause they get to come to the Big 12 next year and grind it through that tournament before getting to nats.  Don't think the path makes a difference?

Do you really think Figs, Parco, Teemer and Schultz would not have been an AA if they had wrestled in the Big 12 tournament two weeks before? haha...that's hilarious ... and I am not an ASU fan for sure. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

10 hours ago, Warm Up Champ said:

Pac 12 had 9 AAs out of 28 in the brackets.  ~1/3 of the qualifiers placed, not too bad!

How’d your conference fair?  Any interesting stats or side notes?

There are 80 AA spots across 10 weights.

The Big Ten had 74 qualifiers (63 auto and 11 at large).

30 made AA, so a little over 40% of the Big Ten's guys made AA.

• Wrestle 1

I would love to see the stats on the at large bids.  Which conference’s at large bids did the best (and hence maybe deserved more love from the selection committee).  I realize maybe there aren’t enough AAs in the at larges to be statistically relevant so maybe just win %?

• Fire 1

13 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Do you really think Figs, Parco, Teemer and Schultz would not have been an AA if they had wrestled in the Big 12 tournament two weeks before? haha...that's hilarious ... and I am not an ASU fan for sure. 

I don't question that at all.  I do know the tougher path can end in injuries.  William's at Okie State is a good example.  Does Schultz win the title at Hvy in the Big 12?  Tell me Figs doesn't get better challenges at the Big 12 at 125.  Is that funny stuff?  I think the Big 12 benefits from Arizona State joining the conference, but their path to nats will get tougher next year.  Bank that.

9 minutes ago, MidwestMan said:

I don't question that at all.  I do know the tougher path can end in injuries.  William's at Okie State is a good example.  Does Schultz win the title at Hvy in the Big 12?  Tell me Figs doesn't get better challenges at the Big 12 at 125.  Is that funny stuff?  I think the Big 12 benefits from Arizona State joining the conference, but their path to nats will get tougher next year.  Bank that.

Your whole premise was questioning whether they would have been AA had they been in the Big 12 tournament two weeks ago... now. you are changing to "Tell me Figs doesn't get better challenges at the Big 12 at 125" - that actually is funny stuff when you move the goal posts. As a side note he would have won the Big 12 as well and the only thing that changes there is his seed. They were AA and they would have been if they had been at the Big 12 tourney as well. You can "what if" injuries all you want for anyone you want. Nobody is questioning the Big 12 being a tougher tourney.....but questioning whether they would have been AA if they had wrestled in that tournament two weeks prior rather than than the Pac 12 is yes....funny. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

16 minutes ago, MidwestMan said:

Figs faced more formerly #1 ranked wrestlers at P12s than he would have at B12s.

If Schultzy had faced Pindrickson in the semi-finals at B12s he could have beat him.  Styles make matches and he wasn't going to do to Schultzy what he did to Elam.

Teemer at B12s?  Who is beating him?

Parco?  Prior to NCAAs nobody is picking anybody but him at B12s either.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Mr Idaho, and Mr nhs67:

Your not interpreting my post as is intended.  Again, I am not suggesting that any of the Arizona State AA's would not have finished any different at nats if they had qualified through the Big 12 tournament.  I'm just saying "I" think the path through the Big 12 will be a tougher road.  This is my opinion.  Shultz had already lost to Bastida, and eventually lost Elam at nats.  Shultz had beat Elam in their previous meetings.  Who knows how that goes if they are in the same conference tournament, and include Hendrickson in the conversation.  At 125, Figueroa had close matches with some Big 12 wrestlers and had taken 5 loses on the year.  Much like Vito losing to Crookham two times, it could happen.  I don't want to diminish what Arizona State accomplished at Nats, just stating my opinion that I think it would be a tougher path through the Big 12.  Speaking from about opinions, I'm an old man and earned every one of my grey hairs.  I never ha ha another person's opinion.  But then again, that comes with posting on a forum.  I will share that I did win $20 on a side betting against Teemer in the finals and taking points.  Easy money.  We knew he'd be backing up from the first whistle.

Mr. Idaho, I like your handle.  In my younger years I was a whitewater kayaker and spent 3 weeks a year paddling in Idaho and Montana.  Many a day playing the rivers during the day and nights sitting in hot springs under the stars.  That was when Idaho was a bit more less civilized.  Some of the best experiences of my life and campfire stories forever.  Hope you have a blue sky day.

12 hours ago, Warm Up Champ said:

Pac 12 had 9 AAs out of 28 in the brackets.  ~1/3 of the qualifiers placed, not too bad!

How’d your conference fair?  Any interesting stats or side notes?

Not bad at all - GREAT job Pac12 wrestlers and coaches and staff toooooo!