The Crow buffet

It's time to eat crow! 

What things did you say that made you look like a d**k or an idiot. 

I as an Asu fan I was hating on figgy baby at the end of the year for... wrestling like asu wrestlers do. And I even stated I didn't have the faith in him. Wow I'm eating crow.

I also made the thread about starcccoi vs Keegan next year for history. Damn I'm eating crow.

I know my boy, if he'll have me as a boy, knows nothing, Said he didn't think PSU couldn't beat the record. Sounds like he's eating  crow as well. 

How about you guys?

Edited by forkemaz
  • Bob 1

1 minute ago, Bardamu911 said:

I'm an ASU fan too and I was 100% all in on Parco and Schultz in the finals but they each kinda lay an egg in the semis. I'm a total homer and picked all four to win in the semis. 

yes, I believed Schultz was gonna beat Kerkvliet

• Fire 2

1 minute ago, JuanMogen said:

Schultz didn’t lay an egg, he laid on the ground like an egg. Never seen less activity from a wrestler, and I watched Mesenbrink v Amine during the season. 

yeah that was hard to watch. He's capable of being explosive like in the PAC 12 finals but also he can be the most boring thing on earth....not just most boring wrestler, his matches can be the single most boring THING ON EARTH. 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Bardamu911 said:

yeah that was hard to watch. He's capable of being explosive like in the PAC 12 finals but also he can be the most boring thing on earth....not just most boring wrestler, his matches can be the single most boring THING ON EARTH. 

Not even in a “so bad it’s good” kind of way either. Lewan became that for me. 

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Didn’t pick Schultz to win, but I was dead wrong on how he’d perform this morning. His #SadBoy performance cost ASU a shot at a trophy.

I cry every time

8 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Didn’t pick Schultz to win, but I was dead wrong on how he’d perform this morning. His #SadBoy performance cost ASU a shot at a trophy.

in all this sadness we've almost forgot....Parco is 2-0 this year against Ridge Lovett!!

• Fire 1

I have been hating on Iowa for most of the season, but they significantly outperformed what I thought they could do both at B10s and NCAAs. Ayala making the finals is big in showing that a post Spencer Lee Iowa team can produce finalists who weren’t transfers. 

The future is better than I thought it would be there, and I see the justification in keeping Brands on for at least another season. 

Edited by billyhoyle
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, billyhoyle said:

I have been hating on Iowa for most of the season, but they significantly outperformed what I thought they could do both at B10s and NCAAs. Ayala making the finals is big in showing that a post Spencer Lee Iowa team can produce finalists who weren’t transfers. 

The future is better than I thought it would be there, and I see the justifying for keeping Brands on for at least another season. 

and just wait til they get a few Ferraris parked in their garage

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bardamu911 said:

I wonder what's gonna happen with Ysaguirre. With Chlebove, Vasquez and Larkin locked in it doesn't seem like there's a spot for him in the starting lineup. 

I wouldn’t call Chlebove locked in. Kaleb is not in this range and Kyler wouldn’t be surprised to see a grey shirt. 

I thought Bartlett would be more clutch than he was,

Things I said to myself and got shown up on during the tournament:

I definitely didn't give Davison nearly the credit he deserved.   I had him likely being 7/8 best 5/6.

I assumed O'Toole had Carr's number, Carr waaay outperformed what I thought he was capable of.

I mentally discounted the bad habits that led to Braeden Davis's poor performances, obviously that was an error.  

I assumed Jore Volk was done on day 1.

I assumed Kasak was done on day 1.

I gave Wolak no chance to be competitive this tournament.

I assumed Vito was done for the year after EIWA's, and that maybe Vito's run last year was a flash in the pan, that we had already seen the best Vito we would ever see.  Boy was I wrong.  

I assumed Okie State was no longer relevant enough to influence the ENTIRE OFFICIATING POOL...my god was I wrong about that.  Go look at the ref raising Vito's hand after the match.  He does it so quickly and flippantly with almost a look of disdain on his face.  Probably bc Vito just about told him to go "f" himself after the ref messed up ANOTHER takedown situation on the edge.  

I thought that the good will and respect I had for the Okie State program and the new coaching staff would continue through the tournament, it did not....

Edited by wrestle87
  • Fire 2

5 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

I thought Bartlett would be more clutch than he was,

Things I said to myself and got shown up on during the tournament:

I definitely didn't give Davison nearly the credit he deserved.   I had him likely being 7/8 best 5/6.

I assumed O'Toole had Carr's number, Carr waaay outperformed what I thought he was capable of.

I mentally discounted the bad habits that led to Braeden Davis's poor performances, obviously that was an error.  

I assumed Jore Volk was done on day 1.

I assumed Kasak was done on day 1.

I gave Wolak no chance to be competitive this tournament.

I assumed Vito was done for the year after EIWA's, and that maybe Vito's run last year was a flash in the pan, that we had already seen the best Vito we would ever see.  Boy was I wrong.  

I assumed Okie State was no longer relevant enough to influence the ENTIRE OFFICIATING POOL...my god was I wrong about that.  Go look at the ref raising Vito's hand after the match.  He does it so quickly and flippantly with almost a look of disdain on his face.  Probably bc Vito just about told him to go "f" himself after the ref messed up ANOTHER takedown situation on the edge.  

I was genuinely worried Vito would get dinged with an unsportsmanlike when he was justifiably upset and yelling after he had a second takedown waved off. It always felt like the refs were helping Fix..