Minnesota

Not sure if this is true. but it's pretty amazing if it is. wonder if anyone else did this?

the announcers said a couple different times that Minnesota lost like 5 starters to the portal/wwe

and still qualified 10 wrestlers for NCAA tourney.

• Bob 2

Not sure if this is true. but it's pretty amazing if it is. wonder if anyone else did this?
the announcers said a couple different times that Minnesota lost like 5 starters to the portal/wwe
and still qualified 10 wrestlers for NCAA tourney.

Brayton Lee, Troy Spratley, Aaron Nagao, and Tagen Jamison all qualified for NCAA’s this year for different teams after being on MN last year. I believe that’s what they were talking about. Cael Carlson was the other one who narrowly missed qualifying for Oklahoma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are so many guys leaving?  Personality clashes with the coaching staff?  That is a startling number of starter-level talent.

Different circumstances for each. The only two that had the same reason were Spratley and Jamison.

As a Gopher fan it was a pretty embarrassing year. My wife as a casual fan said “We are in only 22nd place? is the coach gonna get fired?”

They are going after guys who are poor program fits. Remember Chittum was committed for a year as well. We haven’t been able to keep guys from outside the region here. Here is what I would do for next year

125-Morvari Fr

133-Wells-So

141-Vombaur-Jr

149-Roberts-Jr

157-Brenner-Jr

165-Millard True Fr

174-Wester True Fr

184-McEnelly Fr

197-Salazar Sr or Nelson Fr

Hwt-Hopke True Fr

As based on recent history, you get NOTHING from redshirting guys,  they just leave anyways. Wrestle your best team every season.

As a Gopher fan it was a pretty embarrassing year. My wife as a casual fan said “We are in only 22nd place? is the coach gonna get fired?”

They are going after guys who are poor program fits. Remember Chittum was committed for a year as well. We haven’t been able to keep guys from outside the region here. Here is what I would do for next year

125-Morvari Fr
133-Wells-So
141-Vombaur-Jr
149-Roberts-Jr
157-Brenner-Jr
165-Millard True Fr
174-Wester True Fr
184-McEnelly Fr
197-Salazar Sr or Nelson Fr
Hwt-Hopke True Fr

As based on recent history, you get NOTHING from redshirting guys,  they just leave anyways. Wrestle your best team every season.

Millard is a 157 would struggle to win a match as a starting big ten 165 and Wester is worse than Millard. They’ll both redshirt. Need a transfer at both spots.

3 hours ago, poorwrestler said:

Brayton Lee, Troy Spratley, Aaron Nagao, and Tagen Jamison all qualified for NCAA’s this year for different teams after being on MN last year. I believe that’s what they were talking about. Cael Carlson was the other one who narrowly missed qualifying for Oklahoma.

+ Kluever, now at Hofstra.