• Griffith
    • Conigliaro
    • Welsh
    • Wolak
    • Kemp
    • Starocci
    • Someone Else

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/21/2024 at 03:50 PM

On 3/14/2024 at 6:41 AM, 1032004 said:

I kinda think Starocci isn’t actually banged up

I agree. I’m not saying he didn’t get injured during the match. He was obviously in some pain. I suspect Cael held him out of the conference tournament out of an abundance of caution. Then Carter got pissed and played the drama queen card on social media. Can he still win at 75%? Probably so. If he sleeps on mehki, he might get shocked 

On 3/15/2024 at 7:27 PM, creek chub said:

I agree. I’m not saying he didn’t get injured during the match. He was obviously in some pain. I suspect Cael held him out of the conference tournament out of an abundance of caution. Then Carter got pissed and played the drama queen card on social media. Can he still win at 75%? Probably so. If he sleeps on mehki, he might get shocked 

I'm not so sure Starocci at 75% could beat Mekhi, but he can probably beat anybody else at 75%.

44 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

I'm not so sure Starocci at 75% could beat Mekhi, but he can probably beat anybody else at 75%.

The benefit of Sta(l)rocci is he is going to beat anyone in NCAA wrestling at 75% right now, even Lewis.

The problem is that he isn't at 75%.  He is at 100% until he plants his knee wrong or gets in to a scramble situation where he can't control the direction his knee is facing while his knee is bending.  At that point he is some percentage value closer to 0% than 100%.

He knows how to wrestle Lewis.  He has shown that.  I am not worried about a Lewis match for him.

If I am Sta(l)rocci, or his coaches, I am worried more about a guy with a smothering mat game, someone who is lightning fast in neutral and can get to legs, or someone who wraps up legs in transition quickly.

It probably isn't someone with one of those attributes that can beat him, if he wrestles smart - which he will. 

Wrestlers in his path to a title that fit at least one of those attributes:
- Adam Kemp - I have Thompson beating Kemp, so no worries there.
- Shane Griffith - I have him meeting him in the semi-finals... I think Sta(l)rocci just has too much horse for him, though
- Edmund Ruth - I don't have him making the finals.
- Cade DeVos - I don't have him making the finals.

In short, I don't see anyone beating Sta(l)rocci this weekend.

Edited by nhs67
  • Bob 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

The benefit of Sta(l)rocci is he is going to beat anyone in NCAA wrestling at 75% right now, even Lewis.

The problem is that he isn't at 75%.  He is at 100% until he plants his knee wrong or gets in to a scramble situation where he can't control the direction his knee is facing while his knee is bending.  At that point he is some percentage value closer to 0% than 100%.

He knows how to wrestle Lewis.  He has shown that.  I am not worried about a Lewis match for him.

If I am Sta(l)rocci, or his coaches, I am worried more about a guy with a smothering mat game, someone who is lightning fast in neutral and can get to legs, and someone who wraps up legs in transition quickly.

It probably isn't someone with one of those attributes that can beat him, if he wrestles smart - which he will. 

Wrestlers in his path to a title that fit at least one of those attributes:
- Adam Kemp - I have Thompson beating Kemp, so no worries there.
- Shane Griffith - I have him meeting him in the semi-finals... I think Sta(l)rocci just has too much horse for him, though
- Edmund Ruth - I don't have him making the finals.
- Cade DeVos - I don't have him making the finals.

In short, I don't see anyone beating Sta(l)rocci this weekend.

I agree completely. I also happen to think Starocci is 100%. When he left the mat at the end of teching that kid from Edinboro he looked pretty good to me and didn't seem to be limping much, if any. I think Cael held him out of B10s just to be sure he was good for NCAAs, and I think he's going to roll through the bracket no matter what he's seeded. I do feel a little sorry for Mekhi, the #1 seed, having to face him so early. 

• Bob 1

43 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

I agree completely. I also happen to think Starocci is 100%. When he left the mat at the end of teching that kid from Edinboro he looked pretty good to me and didn't seem to be limping much, if any. I think Cael held him out of B10s just to be sure he was good for NCAAs, and I think he's going to roll through the bracket no matter what he's seeded. I do feel a little sorry for Mekhi, the #1 seed, having to face him so early. 

I feel worse for the dude who has to beat Lewis in the r12 to AA. But not too much. 

• Bob 1

1 minute ago, Tigerfan said:

I feel worse for the dude who has to beat Lewis in the r12 to AA. But not too much. 

I have it as Mocco in my bracket and I think that is absolutely a barnburner of a match.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me