• Ayala
    • Ramos
    • Volk
    • Spratley
    • Camacho
    • Figueroa
    • Someone Else

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/21/2024 at 03:50 PM

On 3/13/2024 at 8:53 PM, HarryConnickJr said:

I stand by what who I voted for way back in the season- Stevo Poulin

Id like to see him win it to as a fellow  NYer but I do not think he’s on the same level as Ramos, Davis and Ayala. It would be cool if I’m wrong!

3 hours ago, BarSeries said:

How exactly are those simulations run? Need to see the methodology.

Also welcome, great name. Coincidentally Bar Series is also what I want to call my drinking establishment review podcast.

1 minute ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

How exactly are those simulations run? Need to see the methodology.

Also welcome, great name. Coincidentally Bar Series is also what I want to call my drinking establishment review podcast.

Thanks!! This is my first NCAAs. Pretty excited. My son is in kindergarten and started wrestling this year. I wrestled just in elementary through 5th grade.......30 years ago (broke my only bone in my life in 4th grade wrestling practice when my cousin dumped me on my shoulder with a headlock and snapped my collarbone). Up until two months ago I had no idea who John Smith, Tom and Terry, Cary Kolat, Schultz brothers, Snyder, Taylor were. Vaguely new the names Gable, Sanderson, Dake and Burroughs. It's been a lot of fun learning some of the history........finding out about those guys and then it took awhile to find out about more guys.....like Alan Fried.

• Fire 2
  • Wrestle 3

4 hours ago, BarSeries said:

Thanks!! This is my first NCAAs. Pretty excited. My son is in kindergarten and started wrestling this year. I wrestled just in elementary through 5th grade.......30 years ago (broke my only bone in my life in 4th grade wrestling practice when my cousin dumped me on my shoulder with a headlock and snapped my collarbone). Up until two months ago I had no idea who John Smith, Tom and Terry, Cary Kolat, Schultz brothers, Snyder, Taylor were. Vaguely new the names Gable, Sanderson, Dake and Burroughs. It's been a lot of fun learning some of the history........finding out about those guys and then it took awhile to find out about more guys.....like Alan Fried.

That's awesome.  You aren't on the spectrom by chance?  Sounds like you are soaking up the sport at a good pace.  Too bad the injury ended your career so early..    

50 minutes ago, Elevator said:

cannot remember another weight/year where the parity was so deep.  Anyone recall one?

149 when it was Metcalf, Burroughs, Schlatter, Churella, Bubba, Caldwell, Palmer, JPOC, Lang, Adam Hall, Will Rowe, Mitch Mueller, etc.

3 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

149 when it was Metcalf, Burroughs, Schlatter, Churella, Bubba, Caldwell, Palmer, JPOC, Lang, Adam Hall, Will Rowe, Mitch Mueller, etc.

That was perhaps the deepest class ever.  However, Metcalf was the clear front-runner that year.  

4 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

I thought for sure that Dustin Schlatter was going to win at least another couple titles after his Fr season. 

23 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

That's awesome.  You aren't on the spectrom by chance?  Sounds like you are soaking up the sport at a good pace.  Too bad the injury ended your career so early..    

spacer.png

• Haha 1

On 3/15/2024 at 4:39 PM, Rassling said:

Id like to see him win it to as a fellow  NYer but I do not think he’s on the same level as Ramos, Davis and Ayala. It would be cool if I’m wrong!

You ain't wrong, he's a notch below those guys. 

Good for Luke Stanich.  Whenever the subject of his weight cut came up in interviews, he always mentioned McDonald's as being something he looked forward to.  Well, Luke got his wish.  Congratulations on a great True Frosh season and NCAA tournament!

May be an image of 1 person and text