Dallas Seavey wins 6th Iditarod race

Better at Greco than at field dressing a moose in a hurry, apparently. Pretty sure his title was at the Cadet level. 

Dallas Seavey almost took a different path in the sports world. He was the first Alaskan to win a USA national wrestling championship when he took the 125-pound Greco-Roman title in 2003 and trained for a year at the U.S. Olympic Training Center before concussions led him to back to mushing.

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/39719071/dallas-seavey-breaks-record-sixth-iditarod-victory

Dan McDonald, Penn '93
danmc167@yahoo.com

I'm sure the dogs are well taken care of.   We had a kid that lived with us a long time ago.   He is now a Dr in Anchorage.   He has done the Iditarod a few times and this year his son did it for his first time.   What a grind.   I think the dogs love it.   I don't think I'd like it.   I hate the cold and I hate sleep deprivation.   Much more suited to wrestling!!

mspart

Moose are very dangerous animals. Can walk completely silent through forest floor covered with dry leaves in the fall. You never know what sets one off. They can run faster than you and will track you during an attack.

Climbing a tree isn't even a defense as they might sit below and bash into the tree over and over trying to knock you out of it.

Big, fast, mean and the meat makes great pepperoni.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.