How to seed 285

Cohlton Schultz only has one loss by 4-3 to Bastida yet I can't recall a single post about his season. For a guy who has wrestled as many years as him and still has single digit losses in his career that is odd. 

9 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

Cohlton Schultz only has one loss by 4-3 to Bastida yet I can't recall a single post about his season. For a guy who has wrestled as many years as him and still has single digit losses in his career that is odd. 

The problem with Schultz is he doesn't wrestle much quality competition before NCAAs and his current conference is a joke and doesn't get much attention compared to the Big 10, Big 12, or EIWA. He's got a great collegiate record though and usually shows well at NCAAs. I saw a couple interviews with him and he seems to be a good natured kid. 

17 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

The problem with Schultz is he doesn't wrestle much quality competition before NCAAs and his current conference is a joke and doesn't get much attention compared to the Big 10, Big 12, or EIWA. He's got a great collegiate record though and usually shows well at NCAAs. I saw a couple interviews with him and he seems to be a good natured kid. 

He is such a huge guy and has the talent to create a lot of problems for anyone in that bracket. Would anyone be "shocked" if he actually took it? I favor Kerkvliet, but I would not be shocked if a guy like Schultz beats him in the semi finals. He's a bad draw for sure.

• Bob 1

Just now, Pinnacle said:

He is such a huge guy and has the talent to create a lot of problems for anyone in that bracket. Would anyone be "shocked" if he actually took it? I favor Kerkvliet, but I would not be shocked if a guy like Schultz beats him in the semi finals. He's a bad draw for sure.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Schultz beat anybody, to be honest. He's a brute, but he's more like the classic "fat guy" heavies than the modern athletic ones. I once saw him just straight up crumple another hwt to his back. No throw, no takedown, he just brute forced the dude over to his back. Schultz has problems against fast heavies that have good strength and technique (guys like Bastida), but I think he'd make easy work of Feldman. I don't think Feldman has enough power to handle Schultz. 

• Fire 1

1 - Bastida

2 - Kerkvliet

3 - Hendrickson

4 - Schultz

5 - Elam

6 - Taylor

7 - Trephan

8 - Feldman

9 - Davison

10 - Ghadiali

Schultz might be #6 as well withiut intervention.  No RPI or QW will hurt him.  He has conference title and coaches rank to help, though.  Win percentage hurts against Elam.

Taylor, Trephan, and Ghadiali have conference title going for them.

I am for trusting the matrix, to be clear.  If they bump Kerk up with intervention, I would be annoyed.

• Bob 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

On 3/11/2024 at 12:03 AM, Elevator said:

After Kerk?  Bastida #2. Feldman#3 

Looks good to me. I think Feldman with a good tournament can make the finals. He was injured earlier in the year and struggled but he has really come on strong the last 2 months. This will be a good test for him, and the 6 freshman Ohio State is bringing to the tournament.

1. Kerk, 2. Batista, 3. Hendrickson, 4. Schultz, 5. Feldman, 6. Elam

I'm a Miz homer but Elam has shown he has problems with quick heavys that can attack legs.  Davison could also be a problem for him.  I don't think Batista beats Hendrickson again, but give him the benefit of the win in how I would seed them.

1 hour ago, Paul158 said:

Why? Have you watched any of his matches.

I think Feldman is a very good wrestler and fun to watch. He is not getting seeded over Hendrickson because he has 5 losses. He got killed by Taye Ghadiali. He also lost to Owen Trephan. Hendrickson has only lost to Bastida.

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, Gus said:

I think Feldman is a very good wrestler and fun to watch. He is not getting seeded over Hendrickson because he has 5 losses. He got killed by Taye Ghadiali. He also lost to Owen Trephan. Hendrickson has only lost to Bastida.

Feldman schedule is far and away the most difficult. Though it is not noted, Feldman wrestled several of those  matches while injured and healing up. I think any of those top wrestlers with his schedule would have the same amount of loses. So its hard to compare. One good reference is Davison . Feldman has beat him twice while he was ranked in the top 8. Yonger wrestled Davison and it was a 1 point very close match and it was a good match. I don't care where he is seeded as long as it in the opposite side of the bracket of Kerk. I think Feldman will compete well with all the other heavy weights.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word
  • Bob 1

5 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Feldman schedule is far and away the most difficult. Though it is not noted, Feldman wrestled several of those  matches while injured and healing up. I think any of those top wrestlers with his schedule would have the same amount of loses. So its hard to compare. One good reference is Davison . Feldman has beat him twice while he was ranked in the top 8. Yonger wrestled Davison and it was a 1 point very close match and it was a good match. I don't care where he is seeded as long as it in the opposite side of the bracket of Kerk. I think Feldman will compete well with all the other heavy weights.

I don't disagree with anything that you said but they do not seed based off of hypothetical matches. Feldman lost 5 matches and Hendrickson only lost 1 so he is going to get seed over him. Hendrickson also has an 87% bonus rate.

• Bob 1

7 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Seeds are not predictions. 

Feldman is coming on strong at the end of the year and may finish 3rd but he won't be seeded 3rd.   Comparing transitive properties of matches and ignoring Feldman's CKLV is not how the process works (yes, I know he got hurt but that is part of the seeding process). 

• Bob 1