Big 10 Pre Seeds!!

10 minutes ago, ionel said:

Why, who has he beat? 

He's beaten a few good guys, but I'm surprised he's unbeaten and seeded under Hamiti who has a loss (even though it's a close loss to Carr). Yeah, I know Hamiti has been pretty good this year as well. 

9 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

He's beaten a few good guys, but I'm surprised he's unbeaten and seeded under Hamiti who has a loss (even though it's a close loss to Carr). Yeah, I know Hamiti has been pretty good this year as well. 

Hasn't Hamiti beaten everyone Mesenbrick has beaten?  

8 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

I think conference seeds are based on conference results.

They are both 8-0 in conference with 5 common opponents. Hamiti's results against those five are marginally better than Messenbrink's.

• Fire 3

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

It seems like they kind of pick and choose where they base the criteria Brayton lee at 3 and Saldate at 6 is a bit wild lee is 4-0 in conference Saldate is 7-1 with a loss to Levi. I also think Nagao ahead of madrigal is odd as I said above. Madrigal is 5-2 in conference. He did lose to Schriever who Nagao beat but Nagao is 2-3 against people entered in the tournament and both wins are over the 12 Hampton. 

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I think conference seeds are based on conference results.

They are both 8-0 in conference with 5 common opponents. Hamiti's results against those five are marginally better than Messenbrink's.

Also, it may not be an official seeding criterion, but Hamiti is the defending B1G Champ at that weight.

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

5 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Also, it may not be an official seeding criterion, but Hamiti is the defending B1G Champ at that weight.

I was pretty surprised that Hamiti has never beaten Cam Amine (he hasn't wrestled him this year). Mesenbrink spanked Amine. Has Amine regressed or something?

9 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

I was pretty surprised that Hamiti has never beaten Cam Amine (he hasn't wrestled him this year). Mesenbrink spanked Amine. Has Amine regressed or something?

Not sure.  I do know that Hamiti is officially 3-0 against Olejnik. 😉

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

CORRECTION OR QUESTION

I wrote in a post above that Purdue's Hayden Copass would be wrestling in the BTT, and that would be his first match of the season. That information came from FloWrestling here. On themat.com that is not the case. This is what they have at heavyweight: "14. Hayden Filipovich (PUR)." Another site has Filipovich as well. 

So? Is this another Teske situation or is FloWrestling out to lunch? 

QUESTION

How do you get "Wrathgee" out of "Rathjen." That just pisses me off. 

4 hours ago, ionel said:

Hasn't Hamiti beaten everyone Mesenbrick has beaten?  

This year, yeah, but Hamiti still hasn't wrestled Cam Amine this year and Amine has shockingly beaten Hamiti every time they wrestled in the past.  Mesenbrink majored Amine this year. But I get it, last year's results aren't supposed to matter. 

4 hours ago, jchapman said:

Not sure.  I do know that Hamiti is officially 3-0 against Olejnik. 😉

I'll be kinda surprised if Olejnik makes the podium. His results have dropped off a lot since the early part of the season. 

Just now, NM1965 said:

This year, yeah, but Hamiti still hasn't wrestled Cam Amine this year and Amine has shockingly beaten Hamiti every time they wrestled in the past.  Mesenbrink majored Amine this year. But I get it, last year's results aren't supposed to matter. 

Big 10 seeds is based on big 10 dual records, info from coaches not just current year rpi etc as for NCAA.  Thus coaches can put weight on last year b10 results.  But even I f only this year data its still Hamiti.  

5 hours ago, BloodRound said:

I want to give my hometown a nod and say that Dylan Shawver is my pick for 133, as I want to see the Scarlet Knights come home with at least one positive note from this tournament.

Straight Outta Lorain

Even if Hamiti's loss against Olejnik counted, he would still be seeded ahead of Mesenbrink. Both are undefeated in B1G duals and the tiebreaker goes to the returning champ. Not complicated. I think most PSU fans knew this would be how it would go. 

• Fire 1

50 minutes ago, Southend said:

This is possible. They didn’t meet at the MSU/ IU dual. 

They had a couple close matches back in '21 when Saldate was a fr. and Lee was an AA.  Scores 5-4 and 6-3.