Big 12 Projected Seeds/Interactive Bracket

16 minutes ago, tiger-style said:

Makes no sense to put MM ahead of KOT. 

Yes it does - it’s a logical way of separating Carr and KOT. Guarantee neither Carr or KOT cares about being the #1 seed. They both want to be separated from the other more than they want that to be seeded 1. 

44 minutes ago, MinnesotaMustang said:

Yes it does - it’s a logical way of separating Carr and KOT. Guarantee neither Carr or KOT cares about being the #1 seed. They both want to be separated from the other more than they want that to be seeded 1. 

Who has he beat?

1 hour ago, Truzzcat said:

If KOT runs the table he will have more than likely beaten the big 10 champ at both 165 and 174 wonder if anyone has beaten two big 10 champs of that year in the same season.

Askren did it in 2006. Beat Kish at 184 at national duals and Herbert at 174 at NCAAs.

• Bob 1

8 hours ago, MinnesotaMustang said:

Why do they need separated? Why would they manipulate the seeding in an attempt to get a finals matchup they want? What is the point of having seeding criteria if they just ignore it so they can generate matchups they want? They should simply use the formula/criteria like they always have and ignore who matches up against who and when. 

• Bob 1

8 hours ago, MinnesotaMustang said:

This would not be fair to the other 31 wrestlers in the field.

Also, do think it is at least slightly possible that KOT would rather wrestle Carr than MM?

10 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

plot twist they give MM the 1 seed which actually makes his path significantly more difficult 

Might not be popular, but I don't want to see an O Toole Carr final because I think it will look a LOT like last night's match.

I would rather see Mesenbrink or Hamiti face O Toole in the final 

53 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

This would not be fair to the other 31 wrestlers in the field.

Also, do think it is at least slightly possible that KOT would rather wrestle Carr than MM?

This is such a weird thread. We have people advocating for special treatment of two wrestlers as if the wrestlers should get to decide who they wrestle and when. It's not how it works. Not even close.

16 minutes ago, JimmyCinnabon said:

This is such a weird thread. We have people advocating for special treatment of two wrestlers as if the wrestlers should get to decide who they wrestle and when. It's not how it works. Not even close.

I agree with you it's just going to be odd to see more than likely the two best guys at the weight hit in the semis although that's just how things go sometimes. The only issue I have given how it looks the formula will spit it out the 1 seed will be a far less favorable draw than the 2 which again is not Mitchell's problem so he should not be dinged for it just kind of shitty for KOT. Selfishly I also wanted to see MM wrestle both Carr and KOT.

28 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

Might not be popular, but I don't want to see an O Toole Carr final because I think it will look a LOT like last night's match.

I think unless carr can seriously adjust to that crotch lock corner sit keegan does hes not going to be able to beat him so I would definitely agree. I think MM could have issues in that same situation hamiti cut the corner on him a ton but keegan has gotten bit by ducks a few times this year and MM is so good at that wrist throw by to an outside step so those will be fun positions to watch.

5 minutes ago, Truzzcat said:

I think unless carr can seriously adjust to that crotch lock corner sit keegan does hes not going to be able to beat him so I would definitely agree. I think MM could have issues in that same situation hamiti cut the corner on him a ton but keegan has gotten bit by ducks a few times this year and MM is so good at that wrist throw by to an outside step so those will be fun positions to watch.

A KOT Mesenbrink match would at least be "different". Even if everyone believes KOT will win, at least there is an element of intrigue.

4 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

The Big12 finals took longer than 3 hours to complete. 

45 minutes of it was the Downey/Chittum match.  Keckeisen won MOW, FWIW.  A little surprising considering Fix was the first ever 5x and O'Toole stopped Carr from becoming the second ever 5x.  Still, Parker was the best wrestler in the tournament considering what he did to #2 in the final.

• Fire 1

The only issue I have given how it looks the formula will spit it out the 1 seed will be a far less favorable draw than the 2

This is actually not an uncommon occurrence. And the seeding won't be manipulated because of it.

1 hour ago, Pinnacle said:

You do realize the semi finals are on TV?  Maybe some folks want to see Carr v Mesenbrink or Hamiti vs O'Toole? 

Just now, ionel said:

You do realize the semi finals are on TV?  Maybe some folks want to see Carr v Mesenbrink or Hamiti vs O'Toole? 

The point really is to seed according to criteria and not according to fan wishes. 

On 3/10/2024 at 10:06 PM, Quaker118 said:

Why didn’t Chittum take neutral in ot after he rode Downey out. He could have won on rt. 

Was this the worst coaching decision of conference weekend?  Dresser hasn’t seemed to have a great year as far as on the mat coaching decisions…

• Bob 1