Russia sanctions

ionel

We just put more sanctions on Russia for Navalny's death.  If we had additional effective sanctions why were we saving them?  Is one Ukrainian death not more important (or at worse equal) to us than one Russian killed by their own?  

2 hours ago, ionel said:

We just put more sanctions on Russia for Navalny's death.  If we had additional effective sanctions why were we saving them?  Is one Ukrainian death not more important (or at worse equal) to us than one Russian killed by their own?  

Biden has only been effective at destroying our country.  The effect of his economic sanctions on Russia has been good for Russia.  By not allowing their wealthy to do business outside the country, they’ve been limited to investing their money inside the country, which has been very beneficial for Russian business.  Maybe we should have put the sanctions on Americans, instead. 

• Fire 1

Biden has only been effective at destroying our country.  The effect of his economic sanctions on Russia has been good for Russia.  By not allowing their wealthy to do business outside the country, they’ve been limited to investing their money inside the country, which has been very beneficial for Russian business.  Maybe we should have put the sanctions on Americans, instead. 

Is that why food is like half of the monthly budget for the average Russian?

Russia is definitely not doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Offthemat said:

How has Biden "destroyed our country"?? Getting the much needed infrastructure bill passed, is that what destroyed it? Getting insulin priced at $35 a month is destroying it? The unemployment rate being under 4% and the stock market being at all all time high are destroying it? What specifically is Biden doing to "destroy our country"?

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, Offthemat said:

How, exactly, are you measuring "very beneficial for Russian business"? Or are you just watching too much Tucker Carlson makes shit up about Russia? "Holy cow, groceries are cheaper in Russia (but lets ignore that they are multiple times more expensive as a percentage of income, because I think my viewers are that dumb)."

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

5 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

How, exactly, are you measuring "very beneficial for Russian business"? Or are you just watching too much Tucker Carlson makes shit up about Russia? "Holy cow, groceries are cheaper in Russia (but lets ignore that they are multiple times more expensive as a percentage of income, because I think my viewers are that dumb)."

It makes for more money for domestic investment.  
But I’ve got a different take on Tucker’s approach.  I see him trying to turn down the hatred that would permit this administration from entering into nuclear war, based on lies.  I think his message is very similar to what JFK said in his speech at American University.  We should prevent war, not encourage it.  Biden doesn’t have that attitude.  He told Putin it would be okay if he just made a minor incursion.  Then he has incrementally increased his determination to win, whatever it costs.  He is a poor leader and a poor excuse for a man. 

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, NM1965 said:

How has Biden "destroyed our country"?? Getting the much needed infrastructure bill passed, is that what destroyed it? Getting insulin priced at $35 a month is destroying it? The unemployment rate being under 4% and the stock market being at all all time high are destroying it? What specifically is Biden doing to "destroy our country"?

Are you kidding?????  We can’t take care of the people already here that are actual citizens.  7.3 million unlawful immigrants have entered the country under Biden. That’s more than the population of 36 states.  He’s paying them money we don’t have to keep the economy “looking” better.   He’s absolutely destroying this country  

Edited by JimmyBT
  • Fire 1

7 hours ago, NM1965 said:

Btw trump already had insulin at $35.  Biden stopped it and then restarted it.  

Edited by JimmyBT

8 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

https://www.voanews.com/a/russia-economy-grew-in-2023-despite-war-and-sanctions/7478952.html#:~:text=The Russian economy is expected,by the International Monetary Fund.

Outpacing the US and Europe and leading the charge to make the dollar far less relevant in the world.  With chinas help just might be successful. 

Certainly outpacing the US in inflation and rising interest rates. 

"One side effect of the stimulus has been relatively high inflation of 7.4% in 2023, down from 11.9% in 2022. In an effort to prevent inflation from getting out of control, the Russian central bank raised interest rates to about 16%."

If we had two years in a row of inflation at 7.4% and 11.9%, central bank interest rates of 16%, leading to mortgage rates around 20%, while fighting an illegal war, and killing anyone who disagreed with the president, you would be losing your mind.

• Fire 1

Finance to the rescue.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=4733340

Right now G7 countries have frozen $300 billion of Russian assets, but do not have a vaild claim on the assets.

Ukraine has a valid claim on those assets, but no custody of the assets. So....

Structured finance can cure all that ails you (so claim these guys). Structure a loan of $300 billion from the G7 to Ukraine and collateralize it with the frozen assets. If Russia does not pay Ukraine reparations, then Ukraine defaults on the loan, and the G7 can now take the frozen assets to satisfy the loan. If Putin pays reparations, then Ukraine can pay back the loan, and Putin gets his assets unfrozen. Boom.

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Certainly outpacing the US in inflation and rising interest rates. 

"One side effect of the stimulus has been relatively high inflation of 7.4% in 2023, down from 11.9% in 2022. In an effort to prevent inflation from getting out of control, the Russian central bank raised interest rates to about 16%."

If we had two years in a row of inflation at 7.4% and 11.9%, central bank interest rates of 16%, leading to mortgage rates around 20%, while fighting an illegal war, and killing anyone who disagreed with the president, you would be losing your mind.

All I did  was post an article with facts. Keep adding facts to my facts if you want. Oh and then keep ASSuming you know anything about what I would do. 

Edited by JimmyBT

36 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Finance to the rescue.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=4733340

Right now G7 countries have frozen $300 billion of Russian assets, but do not have a vaild claim on the assets.

Ukraine has a valid claim on those assets, but no custody of the assets. So....

Structured finance can cure all that ails you (so claim these guys). Structure a loan of $300 billion from the G7 to Ukraine and collateralize it with the frozen assets. If Russia does not pay Ukraine reparations, then Ukraine defaults on the loan, and the G7 can now take the frozen assets to satisfy the loan. If Putin pays reparations, then Ukraine can pay back the loan, and Putin gets his assets unfrozen. Boom.

Not boom, bust.  For the bond market, and our economy.  Who in the world would hold or purchase our bonds knowing they might be confiscated arbitrarily?  It won’t happen. 

7 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

All I did  was post an article with facts. Keep adding facts to my facts if you want. Oh and then keep ASSuming you know anything about what I would do. 

I didn't add facts. I quoted the part of your article that you conveniently ignored. 

But you are such a cipher.

3 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I didn't add facts. I quoted the part of your article that you conveniently ignored. 

But you are such a cipher.

Which means what?  Youre a cipher too.  The part I quoted isn’t true???? 

Edited by JimmyBT

7 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Not boom, bust.  For the bond market, and our economy.  Who in the world would hold or purchase our bonds knowing they might be confiscated arbitrarily?  It won’t happen. 

Sigh. First off it isn't a bond to be sold. It is a loan that is held by the issuer.

Second, don't kid yourself. Argentina famously defaulted on their bonds and then came back to the market just one year later and successfully sold a 100 year bond, that they then defaulted on just 3 years later.

There is always a market.

3 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Which means what?  Youre a cipher too.  The part I quoted isn’t true???? 

You did not quote. You paraphrased and added your own thoughts in the same sentence. And no it is not true that Russia is "leading the charge to make the dollar far less relevant".

14 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

You did not quote. You paraphrased and added your own thoughts in the same sentence. And no it is not true that Russia is "leading the charge to make the dollar far less relevant".

You may want to Google de-dollarization 

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/new-atlanticist/russia-and-china-have-been-teaming-up-to-reduce-reliance-on-the-dollar-heres-how-its-going/#:~:text=Russia and China have partnered,in the urgency for dedollarization.

Edited by JimmyBT

11 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

https://www.wionews.com/world/russia-china-completely-abandon-us-dollar-in-bilateral-trade-says-russian-pm-671667#:~:text=Russia urges BRICS to ditch,for settlements within the bloc.

17 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Being forced to yuan because they are denied access to dollars is not "leading the charge to make the dollar far less relevant". It is "any port in a storm".

It is like you don't even read your own articles.

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Being forced to yuan because they are denied access to dollars is not "leading the charge to make the dollar far less relevant". It is "any port in a storm".

It is like you don't even read your own articles.

It sure the ***duck** is 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Edited by JimmyBT

18 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Ah, the BRICS currency. You should check in with its champion, @Offthemat, to see how that is going. At their summit in South Africa, Putin could not attend because he was afraid he would be arrested.

3 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Ah, the BRICS currency. You should check in with its champion, @Offthemat, to see how that is going. At their summit in South Africa, Putin could not attend because he was afraid he would be arrested.

You think inflation was bad last year. Wait until we can’t fix it because there’s less value to the dollar.  You sure sound smart though.