Several ailing Penn State wrestlers on the mend, according to Cael Sanderson

Rassling

On 2/22/2024 at 2:12 PM, Mr. PeanutButter said:

They have a guy in California that tells them what their vitals should be. If they don't listen, he has a novel voodoo doll therapy that he can fall back on.

The doctor monitors their vitals remotely. He wants to go to Aqua but actually wants to go to Haunted House more than he wants to go to Aqua. 

13 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

Is LDS a PED?

I laughed at this very hard, but have to say they also clearly have figured out how to use the framework of religion to maximize performance.  What’s really interesting is that only certain guys toe that particular line.  

Off the top of my head, I do recall hearing Nickal, Cassar, and Gilman, all of whom were clearly competitive for themselves, give the “glory to god” line at least once in their title/olympic medal runs.  

I don’t believe I’ve hear Starocci say it, but he clearly has his own version figured out.

5 hours ago, wrestle87 said:

I laughed at this very hard, but have to say they also clearly have figured out how to use the framework of religion to maximize performance.  What’s really interesting is that only certain guys toe that particular line.  

Off the top of my head, I do recall hearing Nickal, Cassar, and Gilman, all of whom were clearly competitive for themselves, give the “glory to god” line at least once in their title/olympic medal runs.  

I don’t believe I’ve hear Starocci say it, but he clearly has his own version figured out.

Starocci doesn’t really talk about it that I’ve seen, but his x/twitter bio says “God gives me everything.”

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, AgaveMaria said:

Can't happen because Truax won't win it all.

I agree that he probably won’t win it all, but it is definitely in the realm of possibility. 125 is so wide open that anything is possible, so right now I feel like 149 is their only weight that seems virtually impossible (but you never know). Now of course the chances all that going right for them is extremely slim. 

31 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

I agree that he probably won’t win it all, but it is definitely in the realm of possibility. 125 is so wide open that anything is possible, so right now I feel like 149 is their only weight that seems virtually impossible (but you never know). Now of course the chances all that going right for them is extremely slim. 

Kasak looked pretty good against Lovett, I’d give him a better chance of winning than Nagao.  Nagao beating 2 out of Vito/Fix/Crookham would be a miracle.

But I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Truax won.

• Fire 1

Kasak looked pretty good against Lovett, I’d give him a better chance of winning than Nagao.  Nagao beating 2 out of Vito/Fix/Crookham would be a miracle.

You’re right I should’ve probably added 133 as well.
  • Fire 1

On 2/23/2024 at 12:12 PM, NM1965 said:

Is Cael a Mormon? I'm an atheist but I'd consider conversion if he could turn me into an NCAA champ calibre wrestler 😄

I believe he's still a member.  They've also got Rulon Gardner, Bryce Harper, Steve Young, Dennis Eckersley.  Deceased members include Jack Depmsey and Roy Halladay.   I'll call my buddy Moroni.  He claims to have all the higher ups on speed dial.  He can hook you up.   

• Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

On 2/23/2024 at 10:12 AM, NM1965 said:

Is Cael a Mormon? I'm an atheist but I'd consider conversion if he could turn me into an NCAA champ calibre wrestler 😄

You'd be better off joining Wkn's religion and he'll turn you into a financial wizard.  💰 

9 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Nagao winning 1 out of those 3 would be a miracle. 

• Fire 1