Non-Binary Student Beaten In a Bathroom

23 hours ago, Ohio Elite said:

What are the grammar rules with regards to names? Is Shivani Dave a male name or female name, generally? Its not. Jamie, Lynn, Kelly, Taylor, Morgan, etc etc. 

As I imagine the host did not have intimate knowledge of the guest's equipment, I would say its rude to call something other than what they ask you to call them, regardless of what you think is 'right' or 'accurate'. Because in this case, they were wrong. Didn't want to admit it. Because grammar doesn't work with names of people places or things. Ships are often referred to having feminine qualities. Are they? Nope. So grammar doesn't apply. The host is a cruel and dehumanizing person and doesn't mind putting that on display for likeminded and similarly horrible people to rally around. Moth to flame you found it pretty quick.  

• Clown 1

21 hours ago, Ohio Elite said:

Awesome Design GIF by SamuelC

I take it you agree with how this person was treated? 

Would you feel respected if, upon introducing yourself with your name I decided to call you a different name saying to your face that I knew better who you are and what you should be called? 

You probably don't have much experience having been made to feel that small and insignificant. On an interview in front of however many people, no less. Immortalized on the internet for everyone to see in perpetuity. 

Or maybe you do have that experience and feel that others being made to feel that way is appropriate in this and other similar situations. But how do we determine who is made to feel as if they are less than human? Is there a metric? Boxes to check? Pros/cons list?

Or is it that they dare... they have the gall... the intestinal fortitude to ask, as a courtesy, to be referred to in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable?

On 4/12/2024 at 1:02 PM, ThreePointTakedown said:

I take it you agree with how this person was treated? 

Would you feel respected if, upon introducing yourself with your name I decided to call you a different name saying to your face that I knew better who you are and what you should be called? 

You probably don't have much experience having been made to feel that small and insignificant. On an interview in front of however many people, no less. Immortalized on the internet for everyone to see in perpetuity. 

Or maybe you do have that experience and feel that others being made to feel that way is appropriate in this and other similar situations. But how do we determine who is made to feel as if they are less than human? Is there a metric? Boxes to check? Pros/cons list?

Or is it that they dare... they have the gall... the intestinal fortitude to ask, as a courtesy, to be referred to in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable?

I've been called many names that weren't my given name or attached to my preferred gender...doesn't make me feel uncomfortable at all.  I couldn't care less.  By the way...I am small and insignificant...no one gives a crap who I am or what I think.

Sorry...if you feel so offended and uncomfortable by what someone called you or said to you, then you need to see a therapist...because the problem isn't the person who said that to you...it is your mental health.  Quit making every single thing in life about yourself to where you care so much about other people say and have no significance in your life.  Geeze

8 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

I've been called many names that weren't my given name or attached to my preferred gender...doesn't make me feel uncomfortable at all.  I couldn't care less.  By the way...I am small and insignificant...no one gives a crap who I am or what I think.

Sorry...if you feel so offended and uncomfortable by what someone called you or said to you, then you need to see a therapist...because the problem isn't the person who said that to you...it is your mental health.  Quit making every single thing in life about yourself to where you care so much about other people say and have no significance in your life.  Geeze

Fair. You haven't ever felt humiliated or degraded. So probably have a difficult time understanding how it might effect another person. Remember your way of coping is not 'correct' necessarily and probably not effective for everyone.

I'm sorry you feel so insignificant. 

The second paragraph seems to be your coping mechanism. Look down your nose at someone who might have empathy for another person. That person working to advocate for a marginalized group being purposefully humiliated on camera for.. I don't even know why they would do that. For money? For clicks? To further drive a wedge between their viewer base and the LGBTQ community? Is that an ethical or moral thing to do to someone? Should that be celebrated? Is it ok to treat another person or group of people like that? 

And you have an issue with me making the dehumanizing experience of another about myself? Funny you see it that way and take offense to it. Then say it might be indicative of my mental health. 

These do have significance on mine and your life. Allowing this to happen and sharing it to countless people. Will offer aid and comfort to people who wish harm to this group. It gives them support and recognition that their dehumanizing beliefs are right and good. They are not! Making it more likely they take their hatred(and there is really no other word to use because its not logical or rational) and turn it into violence. That violence can touch anyone, directly or indirectly. And we should work to keep that from happening. 

Your comments, opinions, and way of thinking. Do the opposite. 

some of you know my first name. 

I get mail all the time addressed to Ms or Mrs.

When i was a kid I got all kinds of beauty pageant information.

I thought I should send my picture in to see if they thought I could win.

It doesn't bother me. 

well that's not entirely correct... one time i made a decision based on someone not remembering.

• Bob 1

Just to be clear about the grave danger being discussed, an analysis of the causes of death for the trans folks was done.  Other than natural causes, auto accidents ranked highest, then suicide, then murder by spouse or ex-lovers.  Attacks over sexual preference deviancy were minuscule.  

1 hour ago, Offthemat said:

Just to be clear about the grave danger being discussed, an analysis of the causes of death for the trans folks was done.  Other than natural causes, auto accidents ranked highest, then suicide, then murder by spouse or ex-lovers.  Attacks over sexual preference deviancy were minuscule.  

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9887492/

Findings

In this cohort study of 139 484 individuals, TGD people had elevated overall mortality compared with cisgender people, specifically deaths from external causes (suicides, homicides, and accidental poisonings), endocrine disorders, and other ill-defined and unspecified causes. Transfeminine individuals had a decreased cancer mortality risk compared with cisgender women but the same risk as cisgender men, whereas transmasculine individuals had the same cancer mortality risk as cisgender people.

Meaning

These findings highlight the need to develop interventions to prevent suicide, homicide, and accidental poisonings to reduce mortality for TGD individuals.

Are you pro-life?

2 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Are you pro-life?

If people who trans are more likely to die prematurely then it seems like not transing them is the most pro-life position.

• Bob 1
  • Brain 1

5 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9887492/

Findings

In this cohort study of 139 484 individuals, TGD people had elevated overall mortality compared with cisgender people, specifically deaths from external causes (suicides, homicides, and accidental poisonings), endocrine disorders, and other ill-defined and unspecified causes. Transfeminine individuals had a decreased cancer mortality risk compared with cisgender women but the same risk as cisgender men, whereas transmasculine individuals had the same cancer mortality risk as cisgender people.

Meaning

These findings highlight the need to develop interventions to prevent suicide, homicide, and accidental poisonings to reduce mortality for TGD individuals.

Are you pro-life?

Accidental poisoning. Oh do tell. 

15 hours ago, Lipdrag said:

If people who trans are more likely to die prematurely then it seems like not transing them is the most pro-life position.

Just to clarify your choice of words, do you think they are having this done TO them and not making the choice themselves? 

2 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

SHOW ME

gets shown

so nothing? 

Not sure what point you are trying to make?

Was the earlier comment, your attempt at providing evidence for you point? If so, how is it suppose to help make your point, because I'm not seeing it?