More cancelled student debt

3 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Living near, at, or below the poverty line. Homeless. Anywhere in between. 

Ok. So, are you saying some or many college graduates are in the that situation now? If so, why?

1 minute ago, Paul158 said:

Ok. So, are you saying some or many college graduates are in the that situation now? If so, why?

The subject I was referring to wasn't necessarily about them. 

But lets make it that for a second. Also its about student loan forgiveness. Not necessarily grads. But I will concede there are probably more grads than not if I had to guess. 

I am. Law of large numbers would say that there are at least some that are in a dire situation, regardless of their student loan forgiveness. As to why, how does it usually happen? Pick your poison. Fired, downsized, sick, hurt, bills compound. Lack of safety net to fall into. Cycle perpetuates. 

20 hours ago, mspart said:

Yes, there are plenty of "strageties" to leave college with no debt.   I see kids not wanting to work.   They want to have the full school experience of no responsibilities other than school work.   But then they drown themselves in debt, where if the worked, they could lessen that by mass quantities. 

mspart

Do you feel your experience with recent college students or grads represents even a significant portion of the total in that cohort? If so, what is the size of that portion? 

I know a fellow who graduated with a geology degree, but had poor grades and never was able to gain employment in his field.  He made a career in repairing brick work.  He also tried to make a little money playing music with only slightly better results than geology.  He paid all his bills.  

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Hi. I'm back to threaten your existence by encouraging sympathy and empathy to the less fortunate. 

Pointing out how you are triggered by that. If that makes me 'psycho-babbly' so you can remain ignorant. I guess that's my cross to bear. 

Glad your opinions are dying. Can't happen soon enough. We'll all be better off. Smarter too. 

Again. Do something instead of talking about it. You’re a “say gooder”, nothing more.  I on the other hand will continue to actually help others which is what really matters.  Carry on with your useless babble while doing nothing. Oh and bear that cross too. Bahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahha.   

Edited by JimmyBT
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Offthemat said:

I know a fellow who graduated with a geology degree, but had poor grades and never was able to gain employment in his field.  He made a career in repairing brick work.  He also tried to make a little money playing music with only slightly better results than geology.  He paid all his bills.  

Now that a fellow that did something about it instead of whining and crying.  Congrats to him.  

Edited by JimmyBT
  • Fire 2

I still can’t get over how the educated “smart” people need the uneducated “stupid” people to bail them out.   

or maybe it’s the educated “smarter people that figured it out” that should bail them out huh?   

Quit whining and figure it out. You’re supposed to be smart 

Edited by JimmyBT
  • Fire 2

2 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Hi. I'm back to threaten your existence by encouraging sympathy and empathy to the less fortunate. 

Pointing out how you are triggered by that. If that makes me 'psycho-babbly' so you can remain ignorant. I guess that's my cross to bear. 

Glad your opinions are dying. Can't happen soon enough. We'll all be better off. Smarter too. 

https://bluetobliss.com/cant-get-ahead-financially/

how to get ahead even though the world hates you.  Yes even you can do it if you stop feeling sorry for yourself.   

Edited by JimmyBT
  • Fire 1

15 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

https://bluetobliss.com/cant-get-ahead-financially/

how to get ahead even though the world hates you.  Yes even you can do it if you stop feeling sorry for yourself.   

Nope...always have to find something to be a victim of...and blame others for their hard work...call them names and say they have no empathy.  It has always amazed me how people like that get anywhere in life.  They have to be completely miserable people always looking for the boogeyman in everything.

• Fire 2

8 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Nope...always have to find something to be a victim of...and blame others for their hard work...call them names and say they have no empathy.  It has always amazed me how people like that get anywhere in life.  They have to be completely miserable people always looking for the boogeyman in everything.

They don’t get anywhere in life. And yes you can tell by the 2-3 on here that are always angry at the world. 

• Fire 1