Biden wants to secure a one party state

1 hour ago, braves121 said:

no I am talking about slavery in general does not matter what race. You brought up race, I just stated how slavery is simply still legal. Slavery is slavery no matter what. I can compare them because forced labor is forced labor

It’s not the same when a crime is committed and they’re proven guilty.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, braves121 said:

is it really a good thing for people who are falsely convicted to be forced into slavery? 

There is nothing wrong with working when you are getting free room and board and health care benefits.

• Stalling 1

3 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

People...including me...have told you over and over why stacking the SCOTUS is stupid and un-needed.  And don't change what I said or claim I said something I didn't...I never said that the constitution was infallible?  It is an amazing document that has been amended for things that were really horrible things and deemed no longer acceptable in our society. 

Because you don't like the political lean of the current SCOTUS you want to change everything.  But if it was leaning the other way I bet you would be arguing why it shouldn't ever change.  

You’re not even answering the right question!

What makes our judicial system better than others? Why should it stay as how it is? And I’m not talking about packing it. 

Just now, uncle bernard said:

you just described slavery lol

Except that they put themselves in that position by their own knowing choices.   That is not slavery, that is consequence. 

mspart

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, mspart said:

Except that they put themselves in that position by their own knowing choices.   That is not slavery, that is consequence. 

mspart

“african slaves put themselves in that position by becoming prisoners of war to neighboring tribes who then sold them to atlantic slave traders. that’s not slavery, that’s consequence.”

Edited by uncle bernard
  • Clown 1

1 hour ago, mspart said:

So braves121, you are for what exactly?   You are for no punishment of offenders whatsoever because they might be required to work?   And you call that legitimate slavery?   It's not like these people were caught and sold into slavery for the rest of their lives.   These are people that know the rules, know what is expected, and decided on their own to not live by those rules and subject themselves to possible incarceration and hard labor.   So it was a choice on their part.   Whereas a slave does not have a choice.   You are trying to equalize a square and a circle.   That they have area is true, but that is the end of their similarity.   Incarceration is a choice.   Pure and simple.  

mspart

i would assume he’s for not allowing private prisons to hire out prison labor for well below minimum wages to businesses who then make profit off them (which also undermines American workers btw).

their punishment is their incarceration. that’s more than enough. 

3 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

No, what I want is a drastically different system altogether with term limits and a more rational structure like you see in most other democracies across the world. I don't really care about stacking it with liberals. Most of the liberal justices do things that I think are wrong too.

I want a system that is more democratic and less able to institute minority rule on behalf of a political minority that hasn't been able to convince the majority of this country it's right in 20 years. If they reform the court and Conservatives keep winning, more power to them! It's for the people to decide.

You’re bouncing all over the place on this.  There is no more rational or less political structure, anywhere.  The truth is, the court has suffered from activists, no matter which party they were nominated by, than by originalist/textualists.  In fact, your complaints and solutions both would pull the court to a more political state to satisfy.  

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

You’re bouncing all over the place on this.  There is no more rational or less political structure, anywhere.  The truth is, the court has suffered from activists, no matter which party they were nominated by, than by originalist/textualists.  In fact, your complaints and solutions both would pull the court to a more political state to satisfy.  

This is just an assertion. 

Most people in this country have the attitude of “america is the best country - this is our government - therefore it’s the best too”

There are plenty of other judicial systems around the world that are less politicized than ours. Ours is one of the most famously political!

8 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Bam!!!!. You sort of lose a few rights when decide to go the criminal route. Maybe this will be a teachable moment for them.

appreciate the honesty! many people believe slavery is okay as long as the slaves are bad people. Most don’t have the courage admit it. 

6 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

This is just an assertion. 

Most people in this country have the attitude of “america is the best country - this is our government - therefore it’s the best too”

There are plenty of other judicial systems around the world that are less politicized than ours. Ours is one of the most famously political!

Ours may be the most publicized and sensationalized, but not the most politically influenced.  Other than from the left. 

Edited by Offthemat
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Ours may be the most publicized and sensationalized, but not the most politically influenced.  Other than from the left. 

the party at a 6-3 disadvantage has the larger political influence? lol

conservatives have an entire political group funded by billions of dollars primarily devoted towards developing conservative judges and getting court seats. it’s called the federalist society. look it up lol

it’s hilarious how little americans know about how other countries work.

25 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

appreciate the honesty! many people believe slavery is okay as long as the slaves are bad people. Most don’t have the courage admit it. 

You don’t pay attention very well 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

conservatives have an entire political group funded by billions of dollars primarily devoted towards developing conservative judges and getting court seats. it’s called the federalist society. look it up lol

We know all about it. Funny how the most devolved country on the planet is the one you hate. 

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

It’s by design so the country has checks and balances. And it works.  

Edited by JimmyBT
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

nice little freudian slip there lol

Slip??  Please explain. Then when you’re done with that you can tell us why China has so many people immigrating here from their great gov run society 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

People from developed countries aren't coming here "in masses." lol

The US has a lower net migration rate than half of Europe. That must mean all those "communist" countries have a better system than us! Welcome aboard Comrade!

https://usafacts.org/articles/where-do-us-immigrants-come-from/#:~:text=Mexico%2C India%2C and China were,was third with 114%2C121 immigrants.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

are india and china in europe buddy?

China is one of those communist countries you’re bragging about right ?  Comrade?

Edited by JimmyBT
  • Stalling 1