Media - Listen to us because we will tell you what you need to know

mspart

17 hours ago, mspart said:

You are conflating two very different issues.   Voting and votes should be without question reliable and secure.   If not, then that should be investigated.   This is different from my house being investigated which would be a violation of my constitutional rights.   Looking into voting malfeasance is not against any constitutional right.   Your example is an example of refusing to see what is right in front of you and making up argument to try to divert attention from what is right in front of you.   Can't see the forest for the trees is apt.

mspart

Fair point. But does the company have a right to protect its product from someone or something trying to steal the IP? You can say this isn't an attempt to do that, but it very could be. You don't know for sure. So far, the article mentioned that no evidence of tampering/hacking has happened. That there are issues that could have been but weren't, is not reason enough to pull it apart to look for discrepancies. That process needs to be done during the production/contract process. If the process is so important, and I agree that it is, the governing body should've dug into it before not after the fact. 

You can agree that they had an opportunity to do all this prior to the actual voting? They did not or not to enough of an extent to discover the weaknesses. This looks like, now, that they don't like the results and are looking for any way to muddy the outcome because they lost. Do a better job on the front end and this wouldn't be a problem. 

17 hours ago, mspart said:

So now we have it.   Resorted to name calling.   But before that, you resorted to acting like a 3 year old asking why about everything.   Why is 2+2 = 4.   Because that is life.   But why?  Because two fingers plus two fingers is 4 fingers.  But why?  Because Isaac Newton said so.   But why?  Because he invented the idea of gravity.  But why?  Because  he wanted to do it before the German guy did it.   But why?   Because you'll be in time out if you ask why again.   But why?   Ok, time out.    But why?   Door slams. 

Yes this is a ridiculous example to type out.   But you are the little 3 year old and it is impossible to have a conversation with you when you demand answers but provide none.   We've had that here before many times.  Always irritating to say the least.  

Nobody argues with your right to ask a question.   But when you refuse to answer questions, it is not a conversation anymore, just an attempt at misdirection.  

You are the example the title of this thread is talking about.  

mspart

I'm sorry you're a hypocrite. Only calling out name calling when its directed at someone you defend. In the entire conversation I asked questions to get clarity. If that threatens you, you and your ideas are the problem. Because you don't have the wherewithal to answer my questions to a satisfying extent is your lack of knowledge, creativity, or self awareness that your position is crap. 

You all answer the questions, if at all, that you know won't paint you into a corner. And you get upset when I point out you are dishonest(you are). Then you all feel attacked and lash out like toddlers wanting a cookie. You're embarrassing. I don't like the idea that people like you exist and spread your stupid in the same circles as I do. You make our community dumber. 

Here come the names again, have at it losers!

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

Who's unhinged?  Who exaggerates things for emotional purposes in order to make themselves somehow feel morally superior to others?  Who infers things about people based on lack of reading comprehension?  Who asks questions to answer questions?  Who is a narcissist?

Feel like this needed to be posted again after that tirade....

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

" When the workers, content, and outcomes reflect examples like what we've seen with diversity quotas in business. " Not sure what this means. Can you elaborate? 

I understand you believe that about DEI. But is that actually the case? Are there examples of that happening? 

With regards to engineering, is the field or practice of engineering better off with your daughter's perspective and experience? 

You might get a unique perspective from reading Bill Ackman's revised understanding of DEI, which was triggered by the meritless hire of the Havard president and her controversial leadership.  https://twitter.com/BillAckman/status/1742441534627184760

A recent example is exposed by whistleblowers at IBM.  https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-labor-report/ibm-diversity-efforts-targeted-by-stephen-millers-legal-group

Another example is in the Supreme Court ruling about unlawful racist admission policies in universities.

Plainly, Harvard and UNC choose to treat some students worse than others in part because of race. To suggest otherwise—or to cling to the fact that the schools do not always say the quiet part aloud—is to deny reality. 

Justice Neil M. Gorsuch from Page 124 of https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/22pdf/20-1199_hgdj.pdf

So far as my daughter, the engineering field will be better off depending on what she is capable of and accomplishes rather than her gender.

I can say that we have two new hires here in my engineering group.   Both women.   Both are competent.   One is a little more motivated than the other.   One whines about how hard the job is, the other doesn't.   I don't know if the hires were DEI related or not.   You get the same dynamic with guy hires. 

mspart

I've interviewed over 100 candidates, but only one made it through screening for a DBA position without the ability to provide a basic description of a database, indexes, and SQL.  The recruiter told me we had interview quotas to meet.

3 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

I'm sorry you're a hypocrite. Only calling out name calling when its directed at someone you defend. In the entire conversation I asked questions to get clarity. If that threatens you, you and your ideas are the problem. Because you don't have the wherewithal to answer my questions to a satisfying extent is your lack of knowledge, creativity, or self awareness that your position is crap. 

You all answer the questions, if at all, that you know won't paint you into a corner. And you get upset when I point out you are dishonest(you are). Then you all feel attacked and lash out like toddlers wanting a cookie. You're embarrassing. I don't like the idea that people like you exist and spread your stupid in the same circles as I do. You make our community dumber. 

Here come the names again, have at it losers!

Nobody is lashing except YOU.  I’m glad you don’t like that I exist. Makes me f ing smile.  Face it you’re a Marxist.  

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, jross said:

You might get a unique perspective from reading Bill Ackman's revised understanding of DEI, which was triggered by the meritless hire of the Havard president and her controversial leadership.  https://twitter.com/BillAckman/status/1742441534627184760

A recent example is exposed by whistleblowers at IBM.  https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-labor-report/ibm-diversity-efforts-targeted-by-stephen-millers-legal-group

Another example is in the Supreme Court ruling about unlawful racist admission policies in universities.

So far as my daughter, the engineering field will be better off depending on what she is capable of and accomplishes rather than her gender.

Definitely unique. Coming from a guy that has now made it is mission to stir the pot as far as higher education(not that it couldn't use a good stir considering the recent settlements of tuition gauging). I don't mind a guy going to war with elite schools to clean them up and cull some of the old growth. Might be a good thing. Not sure DEI is a great avenue for that. 

Tell me why I should listen to a hedge fund manager about DEI? What research has he done or absorbed that would make him a trusted figure on the subject? Keep in mind, any anecdotes he has are irrelevant. 

Why are you siting known racist, Stephen Miller? What point could he possibly make that isn't tainted already?

You say 'another example' what is it your examples are trying to point out? 

Engineering: Wow. Pretty cold response from a father. The gender point, I get it. That's fair. But she has experience and perspective that, I would imagine, most engineers don't have. Wouldn't the field of engineering be better with her life experience and perspective? Lets leave out skill and schooling. Lets just assume she's on par with an average engineer as far as knowledge. Might she be able to see things in a way that others might not considering how she arrived in the field? 

23 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

So you're a moron. Got it. 

It’s when you know they’re toast. You’ve got them angry that they revert back to second grade.  I’m guessing a bottle of midol was consumed shortly after you posted this.  

Edited by JimmyBT

9 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Definitely unique. Coming from a guy that has now made it is mission to stir the pot as far as higher education(not that it couldn't use a good stir considering the recent settlements of tuition gauging). I don't mind a guy going to war with elite schools to clean them up and cull some of the old growth. Might be a good thing. Not sure DEI is a great avenue for that. 

Tell me why I should listen to a hedge fund manager about DEI? What research has he done or absorbed that would make him a trusted figure on the subject? Keep in mind, any anecdotes he has are irrelevant. 

Why are you siting known racist, Stephen Miller? What point could he possibly make that isn't tainted already?

You say 'another example' what is it your examples are trying to point out? 

Engineering: Wow. Pretty cold response from a father. The gender point, I get it. That's fair. But she has experience and perspective that, I would imagine, most engineers don't have. Wouldn't the field of engineering be better with her life experience and perspective? Lets leave out skill and schooling. Lets just assume she's on par with an average engineer as far as knowledge. Might she be able to see things in a way that others might not considering how she arrived in the field? 

You won’t listen to a hedge fund manager that’s living in the DEI world and giving you actual results from his experiences because he’s not a trusted source????  Yet you think everyone on here is supposed to trust your word because you’ve done what??????? 

11 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Nobody is lashing except YOU.  I’m glad you don’t like that I exist. Makes me f ing smile.  Face it you’re a Marxist.  

I'm sorry for calling you names. You don't deserve that. You're just trolling on a message board for fun. Are you trying to be constructive? No. I know that. The way you engage all but admits it. Why do you think you do it? Is there a reason? Just to stir up crap? Why does that do it for you? Have you thought about it? 

Also, can you tell me what Marxism is? 

6 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

I'm sorry for calling you names. You don't deserve that. You're just trolling on a message board for fun. Are you trying to be constructive? No. I know that. The way you engage all but admits it. Why do you think you do it? Is there a reason? Just to stir up crap? Why does that do it for you? Have you thought about it? 

Also, can you tell me what Marxism is? 

As Ive stated before.  10% of life is what happens to you.  The other 90% is how you react to it.  I love testing other peoples 90%. You’re a perfect example of what’s wrong with the world. You get so angry over what people say to you on a social media site over nothing more than the fact that they disagree with you.  

Edited by JimmyBT

7 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

You won’t listen to a hedge fund manager that’s living in the DEI world and giving you actual results from his experiences because he’s not a trusted source????  Yet you think everyone on here is supposed to trust your word because you’ve done what??????? 

I never said you should trust me. Where was that? 

His experience holds no weight in this conversation until he demonstrate why. He hasn't yet. Why should I or anyone listen to him and his experience? Its like me listening to your experience. I have no reason to trust that you're telling the truth because you have a hard time living in reality. 'Nu uh, you don't live in reality' Ya I know what you're going to say. 

1 minute ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

I never said you should trust me. Where was that? 

His experience holds no weight in this conversation until he demonstrate why. He hasn't yet. Why should I or anyone listen to him and his experience? Its like me listening to your experience. I have no reason to trust that you're telling the truth because you have a hard time living in reality. 'Nu uh, you don't live in reality' Ya I know what you're going to say. 

Now you get why nobody gives two shits about what you say. 

• Fire 1

Just now, JimmyBT said:

As Ive stated before.  10% of life is what happens to you.  The other 90% is how you react to it.  I love testing other peoples 90%. You’re a perfect example of what’s wrong with the world. You get so angry over what people say to you on a social media site over nothing more than the fact that people disagree with you.  

I don't ever recall you saying that. I think that's an excuse you're telling yourself to pretend to be the good guy. 

2 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

You’re asking the wrong question.  Whom did I call out as being slow?   LMK when you find the answer. 

You're not testing people you are just dishonest. You're a bully and you lash out exactly like every cliché of a bully. I pity you.  

I don't ever recall you saying that. I think that's an excuse you're telling yourself to pretend to be the good guy. 

Wrong. It’s a saying I’ve used thousands of times in my life and posted on here too. I’ve never pretended to be the good guy nor do I want to be. Keep trying. 

You're not testing people you are just dishonest. You're a bully and you lash out exactly like every cliché of a bully. I pity you.  

Dishonest ?  How?  You asked me if I’m was against unions. I said yes.  A simple answer and a fact.  You immediately called me a moron.   

2 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

No need to pity me there jr.   I’m loving living every day of what’s left of the American dream.  Because I earned it. 

• Fire 2

On 1/23/2024 at 2:46 PM, JimmyBT said:

An interesting article on why corporations play the woke card even though they’re capitalist.  Answer was always pretty simple but this is for the guy that’s kinda slow. 

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2023/08/why-media-conglomerates-are-spoon-feeding-us-anti-capitalism

Love time stamps. 

On 1/23/2024 at 2:55 PM, JimmyBT said:

Are you the guy that’s kinda slow???? 

On 1/23/2024 at 3:03 PM, JimmyBT said:

Or are you just slow?  You just answered a questions with a question. 🤦‍♂️ 

On 1/23/2024 at 3:04 PM, ThreePointTakedown said:

So you are afraid. Got it. 

On 1/23/2024 at 3:05 PM, ThreePointTakedown said:

So you're a moron. Got it. 

You're not the good guy. Try to be better.