In case you did not think it was all about football...

It is even narrower than that. It is the NFL's world, we just live in it.

Top 100 Broadcasts of 2020 - 2023

image.thumb.png.fd34b557c11e4fa067b4e8b2462b6608.png

I read recently that NFL games had an absurd 93 of the 100 most watched broadcasts of 2023. With the Super Bowl pre-game show the total for the NFL goes to 94. Crazy. No wonder NBC was willing to pay a rumored $110 million for the broadcast rights to a single playoff game.

And you will notice that no other sport made the top 100. Three college games, the Thanksgiving parade, the State of the Union Address, and the Academy Awards rounded out the top 100.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Those numbers are insane.   I guess Football is king.   Pete Carroll, who I think is a good coach, came to Seattle after screwing up USC completely and I was not on board.   I was not on board after Seattle won the super bowl because he screwed over USC.   Well, I am more amenable to Pete now, but he has not been as good in the last few years, so it is probably time for a change.  

mspart

3 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

It is even narrower than that. It is the NFL's world, we just live in it.

Top 100 Broadcasts of 2020 - 2023

image.thumb.png.fd34b557c11e4fa067b4e8b2462b6608.png

Premier League (and thats only a small part of real football) didn't even make the list and no cricket?  What in the world is going on here?  

27 minutes ago, ionel said:

Premier League (and thats only a small part of real football) didn't even make the list and no cricket?  What in the world is going on here?  

Soccer is so far outside of the top 100 in the US. I am guessing cricket is outside of the 1,000? 10,000?

And yes, I said soccer. Which is a British term.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

7 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Soccer is so far outside of the top 100 in the US. I am guessing cricket is outside of the 1,000? 10,000?

And yes, I said soccer. Which is a British term.

You said "world" I'm not even sure NFL makes to 10 world but who knows.