Penn State at Oregon State, 1/5 8pm EST/5pm PST

Le duke

3 hours ago, flyingcement said:

RBY is actually an excellent commentator.  Get him on the professional mic!

I'm a bit surprised to hear this. My impression of RBY from his past interviews, live streams, podcasts etc. is that he's nice but very terse, sometimes to the point of boredom. When he does talk, I like hearing what he has to say because he's honest and open, but he also has this lowkey chill vibe all the time and I don't see him doing single-word mumbly color commentary.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

I think KOT, Carr and Amine are the only ones who have the defense to keep him at bay. KOT has so many weapons. I could see him decking MM if he gets too aggressive too early in the match.

Amine is a master at slowing a match down. If he can do that, he has a chance. He also moves his feet well.

The rest of them, nope. I just don’t see them going with MM.

Good take. I could see Amine stonewalling Messenbrink, being selective with his attacks, and grinding out a win. OTOH I think his match with Hamiti will be  fun. I expect a shootout with some insane scrambles.

8 hours ago, Le duke said:

He’s still technically in RS, so some rankers might not rank him yet.

I think Davis, after they put him out there for his 6th date, will show up at ~15th. He’ll then hit DeAugustino, McCrone, Ayala, Peterson and Smith in a one month stretch. If he wins any of those, assuming he wins the other, less difficult matches, I think he might crack the top 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When they used him against Hofstra, I think that showed it was a pretty safe bet “the plan” is that he won’t be redshirting.

Was In Gill for set up and Mat side. Had many conversations with the long time PSU radio guy, sports info guy, etc. Watched PSU interact with people. I also sat directly behind the Penn State section at the ncaa.  As a big OSU beaver fan, and I speak for most, we appreciated Penn State flying across the country for one match that was very close to selling out at 8,540. It’s a huge deal for Oregon State to host PSU.  The PSU program is a class act. Hate them if you will, but they try to schedule 1-2 duals a year for the benefit of another program. Others might call it a weak schedule, I call it the good of wrestling. Besides they will decimate everyone so I’m not sure what a tough schedule would be since they already wrestle in the B10. Thanks to PSU for coming out West. 

• Fire 10

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐