Racist Wrestling Fans

Just now, Paul158 said:

I believe I missed that discussion.

i didn't want to get into the weeds of that back and forth of your posts with redblades, i took a glace and was just wondering if that was what you were talking about because its a complete fallacy. 

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

7 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

i didn't want to get into the weeds of that back and forth of your posts with redblades, i took a glace and was just wondering if that was what you were talking about because its a complete fallacy. 

Not at all interested in debating this and I actually don't pretend to know the truth, but I think instead of "complete fallacy" you meant to say that you found one article on the internet that confirmed your position.

1 minute ago, Jim L said:

Not at all interested in debating this and I actually don't pretend to know the truth, but I think instead of "complete fallacy" you meant to say that you found one article on the internet that confirmed your position.

no thomas sowell did a lot of research on it. thanks for asking for an explanation though you're clearly out for the truth and not your prior assumptions. 

Edited by Hammerlock3

12 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

If it was I missed it. All good.

37 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

So would say that if a black person is admitted to harvard despite being much less qualified than the japanese student he bumped out that its not racism? 

Favoring one race is inherently disciminating against all others.

Well I’m shocked, shocked I say that the guy implying racism against blacks is insignificant is whining about affirmative action in college admissions.

I don’t really have a strong opinion on that.  It does seem that the Supreme Court now agrees with you which I don’t hate the decision on.  I think the spirit of affirmative action was to admit underprivileged blacks who likely would have been more qualified if given the same resources as their wealthier counterparts.  But more recently it seems more of the blacks being admitted are just coming from wealthy families anyway.

Which brings up a good point that @Jim L gets at below.  Much of the discrimination today technically seems to be based more on socioeconomic status than race.  But maybe in part because blacks are statistically more likely to be poor, there still is a not-insignificant number of people that will discriminate against them based on their race.

31 minutes ago, Jim L said:

Germany is mono-racial, but that is besides the point. In other countries I would assume that the poorer communities get the worst results form new developments. There was very clear document evidence of how urban development has disproportionally hurt minority communities, whether that is just because they were poor or because the developers did not have the same concern for their need doesn't really matter.

Your last paragraph is just silly 

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Well I’m shocked, shocked I say that the guy implying racism against blacks is insignificant is whining about affirmative action in college admissions.

I don’t really have a strong opinion on that.  It does seem that the Supreme Court now agrees with you which I don’t hate the decision on.  I think the spirit of affirmative action was to admit underprivileged blacks who likely would have been more qualified if given the same resources as their wealthier counterparts.  But more recently it seems more of the blacks being admitted are just coming from wealthy families anyway.

Which brings up a good point that @Jim L gets at below.  Much of the discrimination today technically seems to be based more on socioeconomic status than race.  But maybe in part because blacks are statistically more likely to be poor, there still is a not-insignificant number of people that will discriminate against them based on their race.

you didn't respond to me at all. You just pretended i said something i didn't and then said absolutely nothing. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

no thomas sowell did a lot of research on it. thanks for asking for an explanation though you're clearly out for the truth and not your prior assumptions. 

So yes you’re going off one guy’s opinion 

16 minutes ago, Jim L said:

Edited by 1032004

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

does this article take account for the fact that the driving records of african immigrants and black people who were not the descendents of slaves have normal driving records? Or is it a univariate analysis from a left wing school?

14 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

you didn't respond to me at all. You just pretended i said something i didn't and then said absolutely nothing. 

Huh?  I said I didn’t have a strong opinion on it but that the Supreme Court seems to agree with you which I don’t hate the decision on.

And yes, I said you’re implying things because you’ve continued to dance around with your words

Just now, 1032004 said:

Huh?  I said I didn’t have a strong opinion on it but that the Supreme Court seems to agree with you which I don’t hate the decision on.

And yes, I said you’re implying things because you’ve continued to dance around with your words

Didn't answer my question.......

but i found some powerful information backing up your opinions

7 hours ago, Paul158 said:

I appreciate your suggestion but you're asking me to go buy a book ( that has 1336 pages) and read it. Even if I were to do so, it would not change the definition of racism. Racism by definition is making arbitrary judgements about people based on race. Please explain how a road can make an arbitrary judgement about a person based on race. So are you attempting to change the definition of racism?

Are you really that dense?  If you truly believe that your request ‘please explain how a road …’ is a reasoned response based on Red Blades suggestion, you, fellow poster, are an extremely dim bulb.  My hope is that you are just being stubborn and are not actually that stupid.

48 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

does this article take account for the fact that the driving records of african immigrants and black people who were not the descendents of slaves have normal driving records? Or is it a univariate analysis from a left wing school?

The data is only based on “stops,” so not necessarily things that would go on your driving record.  You might know that if you actually read it and weren’t just relying on narratives

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

The data is only based on “stops,” so not necessarily things that would go on your driving record.  You might know that if you actually read it and weren’t just relying on narratives

i'm glad i didn't because for the third time in a row you've dropped a mneaingless distinction as if it was a point of argument.

20 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

Are you really that dense?  If you truly believe that your request ‘please explain how a road …’ is a reasoned response based on Red Blades suggestion, you, fellow poster, are an extremely dim bulb.  My hope is that you are just being stubborn and are not actually that stupid.

With all due respect I really hope you are ok. Red Blades didn't seem to have any objection to what I said. I really have no idea what you are referring to. 

58 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Can you share a link to Sowell’s research on driving while black and the differences between immigrants and those who were/weren’t descendants of slaves?  All I could find was this, which ironically is mostly a bunch of anecdotes and does not mention anything about immigrants.

https://www.deseret.com/2007/11/1/20050686/thomas-sowell-little-evidence-to-support-the-dangers-of-driving-while-black

Looks like you may be confused with his research around economic success

12 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

i'm glad i didn't because for the third time in a row you've dropped a mneaingless distinction as if it was a point of argument.

You asked about driving records.  I said much of the study data would not be found on driving records

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

You asked about driving records.  I said much of the study data would not be found on driving records

ok so your contention is that racist cops just like pulling over black people but they only give tickets to ones that were the descendants of slaves?

Just now, Hammerlock3 said:

ok so your contention is that racist cops just like pulling over black people but they only give tickets to ones that were the descendants of slaves?

See my above post.  Can you share a link to Sowell’s research specific to driving while black?

8 hours ago, Paul158 said:

I appreciate your suggestion but you're asking me to go buy a book ( that has 1336 pages) and read it. Even if I were to do so, it would not change the definition of racism. Racism by definition is making arbitrary judgements about people based on race. Please explain how a road can make an arbitrary judgement about a person based on race. So are you attempting to change the definition of racism?

Wow, this discussion is still going on!?

No, I did not actually expect you (or anyone) to go and read the entire book (it is pretty hefty; I use my copy now as a doorstop) but did offer it more as an example of what Buttigieg may have actually been alluding to - True, inanimate objects can't literally be "racist", but they can be shaped by racist policies, and they can have negative impact on specific  ethnic groups, intentionally and otherwise.  One of the most egregious I recall from the book - deliberately setting the clearance on bridges on some of the parkways so low that busses could not pass - thus preventing people from the inner city who did not own cars from traveling out to the Long Island beaches.

Caro's work may also be of interest to some with a more conservative viewpoint - he devotes a considerable portion of his work to explaining how Moses, a bureaucratic official who never held any elected office, nevertheless amassed incredible power and influence - certainly a narrative that seems of great concern in some circles now.

And I'm not arguing for any particular position on this, so much as pointing out that, with respect to planning and development policy, there has been some pretty extensive work done on the subject - and maybe more thorough and thoughtful than what you may find on a wrestling forum!

Peace, all!

• Fire 4