College Football Playoff

WrestlingRasta

3 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Florida and Florida State are not on the same level as Auburn/Alabama or Michigan/Ohio State. Not even close. 

You have no idea what you're talking about.  I live 45 minutes from Gainesville.  It is insane.  I was at the game this year, the place was insane, loud, drunk, and several arrests were made.

3 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

It is 

And that's why it gets rewarded in college football.... until this year when the SEC wasn't going to make it in,  and instead they put two teams who were not able to do that in. 

4 hours ago, VakAttack said:

You have no idea what you're talking about.  I live 45 minutes from Gainesville.  It is insane.  I was at the game this year, the place was insane, loud, drunk, and several arrests were made.

And that's why it gets rewarded in college football.... until this year when the SEC wasn't going to make it in,  and instead they put two teams who were not able to do that in. 

I’ve been as well it is insane. But as far as the game in the field in the context of what I was talking about it is not on the same level.  I’m not going to waste anytime trying to convince you of that, you can go compare the histories yourself. 

We can continue going round and round for a few more days and not get any further than we were yesterday,  or as I said before we can agree to disagree. I don’t think they got it completely right or completely wrong, but based on how it is written up and contracted, I agree with them. There is no perfectly right answer. 

Is there anything else we need to cover on this topic?  

There is a reason they call the Bama Auburn game the Iron Bowl and why it is broadcast nationwide.   You never know who is going to win.   6-5 Auburn  almost beat 10-1 Bama.   Seriously messed up.   Again, i don't think Bama deserved the win on what I consider a hail mary that worked.   It has been pointed out to me that that was more of a planned play.   Be that as it may, Auburn (who I really hate) played a  heck of a game for a 6-5 team.   It is almost always like that in the Iron Bowl.   Which is why it is on the national consciousness like it is. 

mspart

8 minutes ago, mspart said:

There is a reason they call the Bama Auburn game the Iron Bowl and why it is broadcast nationwide.   You never know who is going to win.   6-5 Auburn  almost beat 10-1 Bama.   Seriously messed up.   Again, i don't think Bama deserved the win on what I consider a hail mary that worked.   It has been pointed out to me that that was more of a planned play.   Be that as it may, Auburn (who I really hate) played a  heck of a game for a 6-5 team.   It is almost always like that in the Iron Bowl.   Which is why it is on the national consciousness like it is. 

mspart

We can also look past the record instead of stopping there. Four of Auburn’s six losses came against top 13 teams. They lost to Georgia and Bama by a combined 10 points. Lost to #11 by a touchdown. Yeah….they shit the bed a couple times in their 12 games for sure, but they are much tougher than people here are claiming. Especially in the Iron Bowl. 

4 minutes ago, mspart said:

FL is nothing.  AL is everything!  Ha ha!

mspart

Alabama is undoubtedly the better program overall than FSU; this is sports, though, and the game results are what is supposed to control, otherwise there is no point in playing the games at all

Just now, WrestlingRasta said:

What are you talking about 

Auburn is bad, except when they're playing Bama, in which case they're good because of "the rivalry" (intangible) but also, they're actually good because they have some close losses to good teams (other than New Mexico State, the second best team in a G5 conference who blew them out by 3 touchdowns the week before the Iron Bowl) which is now tangible.

Just now, VakAttack said:

Auburn is bad, except when they're playing Bama, in which case they're good because of "the rivalry" (intangible) but also, they're actually good because they have some close losses to good teams (other than New Mexico State, the second best team in a G5 conference who blew them out by 3 touchdowns the week before the Iron Bowl) which is now tangible.

I guess taking something I didn’t say, and twisting it to make it sound like something I did say, so that it makes you feel better about this whole thing, is your way of responding that we in fact don’t have any more to cover on this topic.   Enjoy the games. 

1 minute ago, WrestlingRasta said:

I guess taking something I didn’t say, and twisting it to make it sound like something I did say, so that it makes you feel better about this whole thing, is your way of responding that we in fact don’t have any more to cover on this topic.   Enjoy the games. 

I'm not going to watch.  The games don't matter, after all.

6 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

You show ‘em who’s boss!!!

Not about showing anybody anything.  I'm making a personal choice, not organizing a boycott.  Why would I watch a sporting contest that I don't believe is legitimate?  If the game results don't matter, why should I watch the games?

16 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Not about showing anybody anything.  I'm making a personal choice, not organizing a boycott.  Why would I watch a sporting contest that I don't believe is legitimate?  If the game results don't matter, why should I watch the games?

Vak, having fun with this.  The FSU/UF rivalry has a lot of stuff.   The Thanksgiving weekend rivalry games are all very rough and tough games.   The Apple Cup (WA vs WSU) always seems tough.   It was this year too, the Cougars took it to the Huskies but the Huskies won and are #2 in the nation right now.   It could have easily gone the other way.   Score was 24-21.   But I am partial to the Iron Bowl.   I was working with my daughter's boyfriend to run wiring from the house to the garage and the game was on.   I turned it on my BT speaker and we were listening while doing the work.   I have found the Tide Radio Network. 

mspart

2 minutes ago, mspart said:

Vak, having fun with this.  The FSU/UF rivalry has a lot of stuff.   The Thanksgiving weekend rivalry games are all very rough and tough games.   The Apple Cup (WA vs WSU) always seems tough.   It was this year too, the Cougars took it to the Huskies but the Huskies won and are #2 in the nation right now.   It could have easily gone the other way.   Score was 24-21.   But I am partial to the Iron Bowl.   I was working with my daughter's boyfriend to run wiring from the house to the garage and the game was on.   I turned it on my BT speaker and we were listening while doing the work.   I have found the Tide Radio Network. 

mspart

I think the actual "best" rivalry game is the Egg Bowl, personally, and I'm dead serious.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Red River Shootout.  

Can the NCAA picks be appealed?   Is there any way to get FSU and Georgia back in the playoff?

No, but Rick Scott has already opened the playbook. And he’s about to get paid!!

6 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

No. It's an invitation event, not an NCAA sanctioned championship,  at least as I understand it.

Correct. The championship is listed on the site but is not technically an NCAA championship. I believe it’s quite literally the College Football Playoff National Championship. 

30 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Red River Shootout.  

Can the NCAA picks be appealed?   Is there any way to get FSU and Georgia back in the playoff?

Yes. Have Joe Biden write an executive order to expand the College Playoffs to 8 immediately due National Security .