College Football Playoff

WrestlingRasta

1 hour ago, Paul158 said:

I wonder if the teams will have complete line-ups. All seniors staying and playing ,no transfer portals leaving and all NFL  prospects still playing since they can still win a National Championship?

I doubt we'll have opt outs for teams in the playoffs 

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 hour ago, JimmyBT said:

There are currently 10 FBS conferences.  They’ll use the six champions out of the ten with the highest ranking.  

Have a hunch this won't last.  With the the realignment and loss of the PAC12 it's hard to imagine they'll guarantee 2 spots to non power conferences 

• Haha 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

59 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

But then you had 8-10 teams in a conference and everyone played each other. Not possible now. 

Eventually there will be a slot for the sec east and west division champ. Same for the big 18 or whatever it is.  Again the spots will go up higher than 12 eventually too 

32 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Eventually there will be a slot for the sec east and west division champ. Same for the big 18 or whatever it is.  Again the spots will go up higher than 12 eventually too 

Well of course. My guess is the next step is 16, with four seeded regions. 

FSU should have been in.  Unfortunately they lost a good portion of their players so they did not look good against Georgia. 

The Dawgs lost horribly.   I am saddened by that.   It should have been a more competitive game but wasn't.   The Dawgs just couldn't get offense going.  I do not like Mich but kudos to them for a great season. 

mspart

Offthemat is correct.   Without those injuries, I think it would have been a much tighter game.   Penix came out with the flak unit on and I don't remember seeing him with that.   Johnson was fairly ineffective with his foot injury, yet they played him.   But that is the way of it.  

Saban leaving the Tide?   Yes, not sure what this does for Alabama in the long run but usually a coach change is not good near term.   Someone on the radio today said that of the years that Saban was at Alabama, everyone that played for him not including the new guys played on a national championship team.    That is saying something.   He will be missed.

mspart

On 1/10/2024 at 9:21 AM, WrestlingRasta said:

You have to respect the Harbaugh tree, between a father and two sons running the championship table. 

When Harbaugh first  got to Michigan he came off as a very stuffy. Very unlikeable. I believe it really affected his coaching and his teams. But he seems to have made a transformation for the good. It has showed up in his team's success. But I believe he will be heading back to the NFL.

2 hours ago, mspart said:

Offthemat is correct.   Without those injuries, I think it would have been a much tighter game.   Penix came out with the flak unit on and I don't remember seeing him with that.   Johnson was fairly ineffective with his foot injury, yet they played him.   But that is the way of it.  

Saban leaving the Tide?   Yes, not sure what this does for Alabama in the long run but usually a coach change is not good near term.   Someone on the radio today said that of the years that Saban was at Alabama, everyone that played for him not including the new guys played on a national championship team.    That is saying something.   He will be missed.

mspart

I wonder if the transfer portal will see some activity. I wonder if some of the recruits will decommit. It will get interesting.