Mizzou/OU

Tigerfan

Just now, poorwrestler said:

I mean you can argue semantics based on who’s rankings you want to use but out of that group I listed you’ve got 2 world gold medals, 4 world medals, double digit Fargo and super 32 AA’s and a ton of state titles so my point stands lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The point is it’s over three years (your words). Won’t each of them be better off redshirting too??????

1 minute ago, poorwrestler said:

Probably… what’s your point?

They’ll be maybe MAYBE a top ten team no matter what based on you’re theory of redshirting them all. 

Edited by JimmyBT

If Gable comes back after Xmas like rumored, this might be their best chance at a top five finish they’ll have.  

That is something I will agree with you on. IF he actually does come back, then all bets are off. Throw out your best regardless of seniority or redshirt status.

Did Seltzer really get tech'd in the first round by Minnesota's backup at the Cougar Clash today?  And then got major'd by Little Rock?  Not going to talk bad about a college kid, but, I thought he was projected to be an AA early in his career....?  What is going on??

Also, being straight up, I didn't think Mizzou played the game of ducking to save future seeds. Rocky wasn't available last night against OU (#2 Buchanan), but he wrestled today? Before Mizzou even forfeited 197 last night against OU...and this was on Flo at the beginning of the dual...Cassatt was listed for Mizzou at 197.  As much as I love rooting for the Tigers, that is ducking competition.  Shame on Mizzou.

Edited by The_KC_Godfather

24 minutes ago, The_KC_Godfather said:

Did Seltzer really get tech'd in the first round by Minnesota's backup at the Cougar Clash today?  And then got major'd by Little Rock?  Not going to talk bad about a college kid, but, I thought he was projected to be an AA early in his career....?  What is going on??

Also, being straight up, I didn't think Mizzou played the game of ducking to save future seeds. Rocky wasn't available last night against OU (#2 Buchanan), but he wrestled today? Before Mizzou even forfeited 197 last night against OU...and this was on Flo at the beginning of the dual...Cassatt was listed for Mizzou at 197.  As much as I love rooting for the Tigers, that is ducking competition.  Shame on Mizzou.

I to was going to bring this up, but decided not to. He won and got first, but he didn’t look like his normal self. Couple hard tough matches, Semis and Finals. Never in much danger but he wasnt aggressive after getting the first TDs. Maybe illness or an injury had him out. But I found it questionable that he didn’t go against OU but went today. Also, really hoping Sneeds injury to his elbow or arm isn’t that serious. He was giving Zerban a great match before getting hurt. Also why no Mizzou wrestlers at 65 and 74? Maybe the 5 match limit and they are saving em for another time, but no way some of the non true freshman shouldn’t be put in to fill those spots. As far as Seltzer goes, mind blowing is all I can say. Most including me thought he’d be performing better. Still time to right the ship, but as of now, we have some holes. 

Edited by MizzouFan01

I was also scratching my head about Seitzer's performances Friday and Saturday.  I also thought he was a top recruit to fill the 133 slot, and they had high expectations.  What really hurts is seeing homegrown Missouri talent like K. Orine winning the CKLV tourney at 133.  Does Mizzou actually have a "lighter weight" coach?  We also lost another great potential lightweight when Zane Fugitt went to Wisconsin.  Of course, I know that works the other way also, as we have our share of Wiscy studs at Mizzou.  A "what if" topic with Missouri ties and talent could be pretty interesting.

As for Elam, the plan prior to OU on Friday, was for him to test the waters with a couple “easy” matches on Sat. Not hard to understand why his coaches thought his first match this season shouldn’t be against the only person to beat him 3x in his career. If that is ducking, so be it. 

As for Seltzer, Coach Smith mentioned after the OU loss that he needed to manage his weight better. I’m sure forcing him to make weight again on Sat was a bit of a “teachable moment”, which he clearly failed. Hopefully he figures it out. 

8 hours ago, MizzouFan01 said:

Also, really hoping Sneeds injury to his elbow or arm isn’t that serious. He was giving Zerban a great match before getting hurt.

Looked like Steed dislocated or hyperextended his elbow. Was beating Zerban at the time and looked really good. He seems to have bad luck with injuries. Defaulted out of at least three tournaments since he’s been at Mizzou. 

3 hours ago, MidwestMan said:

I was also scratching my head about Seitzer's performances Friday and Saturday.  I also thought he was a top recruit to fill the 133 slot, and they had high expectations.  What really hurts is seeing homegrown Missouri talent like K. Orine winning the CKLV tourney at 133.  Does Mizzou actually have a "lighter weight" coach?  We also lost another great potential lightweight when Zane Fugitt went to Wisconsin.  Of course, I know that works the other way also, as we have our share of Wiscy studs at Mizzou.  A "what if" topic with Missouri ties and talent could be pretty interesting.

Was thinking the same thing about Orine. He didn’t have to beat any top 10 guys to win CKLV, but looked good beating Frost in the finals. Could definitely see him scoring points at NCAAs.

Seltzer may not even qualify for NCAAs at this rate. 

On 12/3/2023 at 7:01 AM, Tigerfan said:

As for Elam, the plan prior to OU on Friday, was for him to test the waters with a couple “easy” matches on Sat. Not hard to understand why his coaches thought his first match this season shouldn’t be against the only person to beat him 3x in his career. If that is ducking, so be it. 

As for Seltzer, Coach Smith mentioned after the OU loss that he needed to manage his weight better. I’m sure forcing him to make weight again on Sat was a bit of a “teachable moment”, which he clearly failed. Hopefully he figures it out. 

Are you ever not passive-aggressive?  Have a conversation, man, without getting so defensive.  The point of a message board is to discuss thoughts...no need to act like people are stupid (e.g., "Not hard to understand") because they want to talk about their thoughts.

Edited by The_KC_Godfather

The heavyweight match was a showcase for why so many can't stand the fat boys. Little action and both looked like they were half asleep. Only thing missing was they were not carrying 40-50 pounds of extra fat like some High school heavies.

I don't think either stands a chance against the quick and agile heavies we are seeing on more teams now.

Add in the broadcast production values. Terrible. NO scoring shown. High camera angle was blinding - easily remedied by going a bit lower. The matside camera angle was good but looks like the lens was dirty and cut out the color big time. Production values looked like a High School class project.

Edited by AgaveMaria

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.