CKLV upset thread

Grecojones

5 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Same here. All through HS and college. Did you see a weakness that BA can exploit?

I wouldn't say any weakness--but was it my imagination or did you notice once the score got lopsided that Andonian was kind of playing and toying with positions?  Like he wasn't looking to pull the trigger or score--just looking for some big move openings to exploit next time....

3 minutes ago, Hillbilly Jim said:

I wouldn't say any weakness--but was it my imagination or did you notice once the score got lopsided that Andonian was kind of playing and toying with positions?  Like he wasn't looking to pull the trigger or score--just looking for some big move openings to exploit next time....

I wouldn't disagree, but I would say, that was all that he had to offer. If he could have got a TD he wouldn't have been, "exploring" other options...

32 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Same here. All through HS and college. Did you see a weakness that BA can exploit?

Not so much of a Shapiro weakness but BA was close to finishing a couple of those scrambles that he usually wins. BA just needs to keep doing BA things and I think he has a shot to get the W either in the dual or March. 

3 minutes ago, creek chub said:

Not so much of a Shapiro weakness but BA was close to finishing a couple of those scrambles that he usually wins. BA just needs to keep doing BA things and I think he has a shot to get the W either in the dual or March. 

Again...I don't disagree.  He finishes those scrambles on almost everyone else. 

He wasn't laying back. He was going for it.

25 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Again...I don't disagree.  He finishes those scrambles on almost everyone else. 

He wasn't laying back. He was going for it.

There’s not enough collegiate folk data on Shapiro yet to imply he’s unbeatable. If he keeps wrestling like this though, he’s gonna be tough for most guys to beat, but still beatable. The scary part is he’s a true freshman 

Few wrestle back “upsets” Zaconne from Campbell knocks out Chelbove

149- Jordan Williams loses to Hofstras Noah Tapia 

184- aaron ayzerov majors Foca , Ayzerov then lost to Fisher from V tech , Ayzerov is a tough dude , won NJ states his senior year with a torn Meniscus in a real tough weight , I think 1st thru 7th are all wrestling D1 now 

184- Dylan Fishback over Munoz , Fisher over Kane , Bullock over Gavin Hoffman 

197- Sonny Sasso was the last seed in the weight and in wrestlebacks beat the 16 seed Striggow, the #11 seed Bates, the 14th seed Hopkins from Campbell and then won by med ff over #4 Luke Surber, he faces #7 Nick Stammet next 

285 Boone McDermott beat #4 Trephan , and Fernandes over Catka which is an upset in seed only 

• Fire 3

5 minutes ago, Crotalus said:
27 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:
Ramirez now has wins over Griffith (NCAA champ), Carr (former NCAA champ), and two over Monday (NCAA finalist).

Why is Griffith a NCAA champ but Carr is only a former champ?

Because Griffith was the defending champion when Ramirez beat him, but Carr is not.

Some more

125: Provo over everyone

Caleb Smith over Ramos in consi semis

141: Happel over Hardy

Jamison over Hardy (after losing to him earlier) and Cornella

Echemendia over Cornella

149: Nash Singleton over Kinner

157: Gallagher over Chumbley

165: Garrett Thompson over Olguin

174: Perrine over Norman who beat Griffith and Austin Murphy

184: Sam Wolf over Foca and Hoffman

197: Jaxon Smith over Sloan

5 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Some more

125: Provo over everyone

Caleb Smith over Ramos in consi semis

141: Happel over Hardy

Jamison over Hardy (after losing to him earlier) and Cornella

Echemendia over Cornella

149: Nash Singleton over Kinner

157: Gallagher over Chumbley

165: Garrett Thompson over Olguin

174: Perrine over Norman who beat Griffith and Austin Murphy

184: Sam Wolf over Foca and Hoffman

197: Jaxon Smith over Sloan

Garrett Thompson has looked good to start this year, took out Olguin and Connor Brady at cklv , knocked off AA Peyton Hall a few weeks ago too , good for the bobcats maybe they can have an AA this season 

• Fire 2