Which car is better - EV or Hybrid?

mspart

My vote is for Hybrid.   It gets 50+ mpg and you don't have to wait to charge it.   The 50+ mpg is incredibly good and lowers CO2 emissions and dollars spent on gas.    Win win. 

EVs are not as good because of charge times, long distance trips, and trucking.   Not yet ready for primetime and the market is showing that.   Hybrids are eating EVs shorts out there.  

There is still application fro ICE vehicles for instance big trucks and work vehicles hauling stuff.   If Hybrid could enter that market it would be a juggernaut IMO. 

mspart

Edited by mspart
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, mspart said:

My vote is for Hybrid.   It gets 50+ mpg and you don't have to wait to charge it.   The 50+ mpg is incredibly good and lowers CO2 emissions and dollars spent on gas.    Win win. 

EVs are not as good because of charge times, long distance trips, and trucking.   Not yet ready for primetime and the market is showing that.   Hybrids are eating EVs shorts out there.  

There is still application fro ICE vehicles for instance big trucks and work vehicles hauling stuff.   If Hybrid could enter that market it would be a juggernaut IMO. 

mspart

It is not a binary choice!  Mass transit my man.

First_Horsecar_in_Manchester,_NH.jpg

It's hard to follow at this point...

Fox news has now claimed that electric cars (EV's) are somehow a product of the Biden administration, and nobody wants them.

Yet Fox has nothing but love for... Musk, head of Tesla which is the most successful EV maker in the US.

It can't possibly just be me. Does anyone else see that we are being fed a line of bullshit here?

16 hours ago, headshuck said:

I don’t think there’s a connection between love/hate of Musk and EV maker of choice. Case in point AOC.

Wake up, dummy. I've clearly stated that Fox News is claiming that nobody wants EV's (it's not an issue about the maker of choice.)

And... as far as adding AOC into the conversation, nobody cares about what AOC is doing.

Which car is better - EV or Hybrid?

Or gasoline or diesel or hydrogen fuel cell or hydrogen combustion or vegetable oil or CNG?

The car that is purchased completely by the free choice of the consumer with none of the above being mandated or subsidized or even commented upon by any government in any way whatsoever.  That is the best car!

(probably hybrid)

• Fire 1