U23 Draws Are Out

nhs67

17 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

They're finishing up the Qualifying round w/ 97Kg bracket.

NOT QF (dummy!) round should be coming up shortly...

D3

My bad... it's NOT the QF round... but the round of 16.

D3

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Just now, WrestlingRasta said:

Zapf looked pretty solid.  Otherwise.....been some pretty sloppy wrestling this morning.

Zapf is crazy tough freestyle... kind of came out of nowhere.

Didn't he beat Sasso in the Open last year?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

57 KG - Flynn has an Armenian that took Bronze two years ago at the same tournament... he also holds a 6-3 victory over Lehigh's (Puerto Rico's) Darian Cruz.

Jacob Moran (Indiana/Puerto Rico) has Tatsuya Tsukaoka (Japan) in his R16 match.  Can't find anything on the guy with a quick search.

65 KG - As seen above, Brock Hardy (Nebraska) beat Sammy Alvarez (Rutgers/OSU, Puerto Rico) in the first round via 12-7 Decision.  Sammy was up 4-2 after the first and gave two four (4) pointers in the second period including one in the last thirty seconds or so.  Hardy has a Ukrainian in Artem Kryvenko next.  Guy has been at U17s six years ago as well as Euro U23s, but hasn't really won anything.  Alvarez is obviously hoping to get pulled back in.

70 KG - Noah Castillo (Chattanooga, Puerto Rico) went one and done - lost to a German who lost his next match.  He is done.  Zapf has wrestled two tough matches already and has Kyrgyzstan's Orozobek Toktomambetov next in his QF.  He wrestled the Irani Emami tough (7-2) at the Asian Games en route to a Bronze at 74 KG there.  Prior to that he has been bringing home medals (including Golds) at the U23 Asian circuit for years.  This is a match.

79 KG - Plott has Masaki Sato of Japan here in a few minutes.  He was Japan's senior representative for the 2021 Worlds at 74 KG.  He also dominated Carson Manville at 65 KG at the 2018 U17s.  Aside for that he hasn't really had any results since.  Should be a good match. (this may be done by the time I click 'enter' below)

97 KG - Trumble has Oktay Ciftci, a Turk, in his next QF match.  Guy is coming off a U23 Euros Silver performance, but aside for that doesn't have a whole lot of international success/experience.

• Fire 3

1 minute ago, D3 for LU said:

Sato gets the TD...

D3

Plott is considerably more cut here... a good amount taller... he looks a solid weight class(+) bigger.  I think it will wear on Sato.  Plott is pushing the pace and Sato is just... not.