MTG

WrestlingRasta

14 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Who most closely resembles the majority of the Republican Party, the Country Club Republicans or the Populist, MAGA Republicans?  I’ll give you a hint: who’s leading by a runaway majority in the polls

I think we need someone who doesn’t closely resemble the current state of the Republican Party. 

26 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

Who most closely resembles the majority of the Republican Party, the Country Club Republicans or the Populist, MAGA Republicans?  I’ll give you a hint: who’s leading by a runaway majority in the polls?

That is the problem with the current Republican party. To win its nomination you must bow and kiss the MAGA ring. But doing so loses them the general election.

We even saw Democrats leverage this strategy in local elections in the last cycle. In Illinois JB Pritzker, the Democrat governor, paid for ads supporting the ultra-MAGA candidate, Darren Bailey, in the Republican primary so that he could avoid running against moderate Republican Bruce Irvin. And it worked beautifully for Pritzker, who defeated Bailey comfortably.

MAGA loves its pyrrhic victories. Gaetz got his victory and it is costing his party dearly.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing
  • Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

2 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Who most closely resembles the majority of the Republican Party, the Country Club Republicans or the Populist, MAGA Republicans?  I’ll give you a hint: who’s leading by a runaway majority in the polls?

There's only one Republican party, hence, the 30 percenters.

They just re-brand themselves from time to time. Fiscal responsibilook ity, Reagan conservatives,  "tea party," MAGA, authoritarians.

Same old 30% of the electorate. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

3 hours ago, Offthemat said:

The guy who runs the Country Clubs started MAGA. The closest semblance to the Republican party is, unsurprisingly, leading by a runaway majority in the polls.  

Granted it's by only one percentage pernt, so completely within the margin of error, but Commander in Chief Biden is even leading Inmate #PO1135809 in the most recent Tattletale "News" poll.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!