Tommy Tuberville - Alabama, get off your a**

GreatWhiteNorth

40 minutes ago, Le duke said:

For starters, NORAD will soon be commanded by a Canadian instead of an American, without a Senate-approved replacement. There are a couple of other very important positions with similar situations. 

We have quite a few O-6s manning O-7 and O-8 positions in other countries where rank is actually quite important in terms of dealing with foreign counterparts.

If those positions are so critical, would you recommend that the Senate get busy and vote on them?  Tuberville isn’t blocking the vote, only unanimous consent.  So though the instances you give may appear to be better handled without his objection, which he has every right to cast, they are not blocked. 

32 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

If those positions are so critical, would you recommend that the Senate get busy and vote on them?  Tuberville isn’t blocking the vote, only unanimous consent.  So though the instances you give may appear to be better handled without his objection, which he has every right to cast, they are not blocked. 

Horrible take.  Not enough time in the year to do all 300 individually.  If he has an objection to one or more nominees, he should voice it.  Otherwise, he should shut up and do his job.  TBH, our system was not created to deal with MAGA.  They try to sabotage their own society at every turn.  I challenge anyone to create a system of rules to allow input from all and be able to prevent sabotage like this.  I don't think it can be done, which can only mean this circus is bound to destroy us.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

It means you immediately and instinctively defend or excuse anything and everything right of center, no matter how hare brained it is.  There is a lot of hare brained stuff coming out of MAGAville.

Please show me where I have defended or excused anything someone has done.  Did I defend Tuberville??  No I did not.

And a new word "MAGAville"....care to explain what the means since you won't explain MAGA.

3 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Please show me where I have defended or excused anything someone has done.  Did I defend Tuberville??  No I did not.

And a new word "MAGAville"....care to explain what the means since you won't explain MAGA.

Another poster pointed out the particular crazy of this guy.  A man so narcissistic he has been front page news for about six months by cynically sabotaging the military command and the ambassadorship to Israel.  You then effectively dismissed this individuals peculiar brand of crazy by saying it happens all the time.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

Simple support of Inmate #PO1135809 excuses all of his criminal, sexual, and all other behaviors.

• Fire 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

12 hours ago, Jason Bryant said:

Wait, a chatbot for replies in a forum? Game changer.

It's been being done for a while now... even here.

Interesting exercise - copy and paste a post from here as a question for whatever chatbot you use (I often use Bing) - the results are often surprisingly good (and sometimes weak and lazy.)

Even more interesting - copy and paste a post from here that has already been responded to by some random poster, doesn't matter which poster, could be anyone, let's just say 'jross'. And compare their reply to the chat reply. Eerily similar so many times.

Foreign state sponsored posters who are only here to cause havoc, now have a tool where they can appear to be legitimate and informed but are actually neither. Their purpose is only disruption and division. (Actual people aren't necessarily needed - this, in some cases, can be automated and done without any human supervision.)

Crazy. But that's where we are.

[Sorry jross, not trying to point any fingers at you, just needed an example. Hope you aren't offended in any way.]

9 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Make America Great Again.  Some people are against doing that. 

Primarily, because it's sort of a dumb concept. America is already the greatest country in the world.

It'd be like saying let's make the Pacific the biggest ocean again! Dumb, because it is already the biggest ocean.

Secondly, because it's the campaign slogan for a certain dolt who has been exposed as being a hateful, lying, cheating, manipulative, and overall mean-spirited criminal scoundrel.

No surprise, many people aren't fond of that silly slogan.

10 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Another poster pointed out the particular crazy of this guy.  A man so narcissistic he has been front page news for about six months by cynically sabotaging the military command and the ambassadorship to Israel.  You then effectively dismissed this individuals peculiar brand of crazy by saying it happens all the time.

LOL...first off...I know nothing of the guy....I think most of the politicians in the "limelight" are iditols...I support Israel...period...so what are you angry about??

6 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

Simple support of Inmate #PO1135809 excuses all of his criminal, sexual, and all other behaviors.

Don't support him...never have...so you and GWN can go back to your love affair with each other and make crap up about people and infer things that aren't true,

When are you going to "cancel" yourself again?  

8 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

LOL...first off...I know nothing of the guy....I think most of the politicians in the "limelight" are iditols...I support Israel...period...so what are you angry about??

Let's go through Plasmo's post one item at a time together...

10 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Another poster pointed out the particular crazy of this guy. - This was on Page 1 of this thread.

A man so narcissistic he has been front page news for about six months by cynically sabotaging the military command and the ambassadorship to Israel. - Exactly that. He's blocking/delaying the military command confirmations including confirming the already nominated Ambassador to Israel - all critical at this point in time.

You then effectively dismissed this individuals peculiar brand of crazy by saying it happens all the time. - Tuberville needs to be held accountable for being the ONLY ONE in the Senate to stop this from getting done. Just one person.

Now you don't "know nothing of the guy".

4 hours ago, Bigbrog said:

Don't support him...never have...so you and GWN can go back to your love affair with each other and make crap up about people and infer things that aren't true,

When are you going to "cancel" yourself again?  

Baloney.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

18 hours ago, Offthemat said:

Make America Great Again.  Some people are against doing that. 

No one is against the idea of making America great again. It’s the perspective of what makes America great that is being challenged. 

It’s also the idea that just because someone is wearing or hat, or standing at the podium in congress like it’s a stripper pole, belting ‘we are ultra maga” doesn’t mean they are really working to make American great. 

Then there’s the idea that America is still great, tremendously great. Not perfect but…

• Fire 1

16 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

No one is against the idea of making America great again. It’s the perspective of what makes America great that is being challenged. 

It’s also the idea that just because someone is wearing or hat, or standing at the podium in congress like it’s a stripper pole, belting ‘we are ultra maga” doesn’t mean they are really working to make American great. 

Then there’s the idea that America is still great, tremendously great. Not perfect but…

I disagree.  I see plenty of people, citizens of this country, that are actively trying to devolve the government to a true marxist model.  That would be catastrophic, not great. 

20 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

I disagree.  I see plenty of people, citizens of this country, that are actively trying to devolve the government to a true marxist model.  That would be catastrophic, not great. 

When I said no one I was referring to people engaging here on this platform.  Across the entirety of the United States, I agree ‘no one’  would not be accurate. 

The rest of the post however is my point. Saying MAGA and truly meaning make America great are not the same thing.