Joe Biden is going to go to the UAW picket lines.

Paul158

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Maybe he should reach across the aisle and send this guy.

From your link:  “Although Scott specifically cited a case of firing federal workers at the campaign event, his comments were widely taken as hostile toward all union activity.”

Scott actually said:  "Ronald Reagan gave us a great example when federal employees decided they were going to strike.”

Scott’s campaign responded:  “Sen. Scott has repeatedly made clear, both at that event and others, that Joe Biden shouldn't leave taxpayers on the hook for any labor deal.”

7 hours ago, Offthemat said:

From your link:  “Although Scott specifically cited a case of firing federal workers at the campaign event, his comments were widely taken as hostile toward all union activity.”

Scott actually said:  "Ronald Reagan gave us a great example when federal employees decided they were going to strike.”

Scott’s campaign responded:  “Sen. Scott has repeatedly made clear, both at that event and others, that Joe Biden shouldn't leave taxpayers on the hook for any labor deal.”

Exactly.  He sounds like the kind of guy I'd want speaking at my picket line.  Bipartisanship works baby!!!

20 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

He went there to support them, so maybe the dude is an idiot.  No idea which company he works for, but he might not even have a company to work for if Biden and Barack Obama hadn’t gone to bat for GM 14-15 years ago.

I think the American Taxpayer went to bat for GM. I think we also went to bat  for Chrysler. I guess they were to big to fail.  

6 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

I think the American Taxpayer went to bat for GM. I think we also went to bat  for Chrysler. I guess they were to big to fail.  

Wrong.  If the meltdown happened a year prior, Cheney would have been too busy in his second career as a shooting range target.

Edited by Plasmodium

Ahhh....good ole hypocrisy in full display in this thread...first off are the people who have consistently said they are against the government bailing out big corp, but yet now are touting when that in fact happened (i.e., the car manufacturers getting bailed out)...then they are all for the union workers, yet vote for and support candidates that are going to drastically impact those same union workers in a very negative way.  Can't make this stuff up...

• Fire 1

56 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

Ahhh....good ole hypocrisy in full display in this thread...first off are the people who have consistently said they are against the government bailing out big corp, but yet now are touting when that in fact happened (i.e., the car manufacturers getting bailed out)...then they are all for the union workers, yet vote for and support candidates that are going to drastically impact those same union workers in a very negative way.  Can't make this stuff up...

Difference between bailing out Wall Street blood sucking leeches and helping restructure GM, which employs 100,000s of blue collar people.  How does this impact work, exactly?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Difference between bailing out Wall Street blood sucking leeches and helping restructure GM, which employs 100,000s of blue collar people.  How does this impact work, exactly?

And doesn't want to pay them fairly or provide safe working conditions. If you actually cared about those people, you should be 100% pro strike, no questions asked. 

We all benefit from labor militancy. That's where we got the weekend folks.

• Fire 1

As one who lives where one of the biggest John Deere plants in the world is I am beyond puzzled as to how and why Republicans supported those striking union workers a couple of years ago,  yet are now against striking union workers again. 

As always,  someone is telling them how to think 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!